Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 to 20! Here it goes!

Re: 10 to 20! Here it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo61 View Post
    Oh I'm so glad that you are getting on OK with your increase because I'm sure my doctor is going to suggest I go up to 20mg at my review on Monday and basically I'm crapping myself! I've only been on 10mg for 12 days though, but obviously will be just over 2 weeks by Monday. Perhaps I should ask to stay on 10mg for another 2 weeks? I'm so scared
    That's great! How are you finding 10mg now??

I've done 4 weeks on 10mg, and it was literally on the last few days of Week 4 I noticed a balanced/increasing mood and decrease in anxiety!

My doctor called me as I couldn't get an appointment until next week and she asked how I was getting on, and she said let's try 20mg, we'll notice a bigger difference on that!

Don't be afraid to tell your doctor you're on forums, etc, he/she likes to hear you're aware of how anti-depressants work!

Based on my experience, I would say wait until 4 weeks then increase!

So she can't force me to go up to 20mg if I don't want to? I was OK the first week on 10mg but this week I seem to be having some increased anxiety, thumping heart, some sweating and a general feeling of discomfort (mentally) plus lack of motivation. I'm hoping that eases off soon as I was rather hoping I'd feel a bit better now after what I'd read on the forum from others at a similar point in their treatment. How long were you on 10mg before you started to notice a difference and how about side effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo61 View Post
    So she can't force me to go up to 20mg if I don't want to? I was OK the first week on 10mg but this week I seem to be having some increased anxiety, thumping heart, some sweating and a general feeling of discomfort (mentally) plus lack of motivation. I'm hoping that eases off soon as I was rather hoping I'd feel a bit better now after what I'd read on the forum from others at a similar point in their treatment. How long were you on 10mg before you started to notice a difference and how about side effects?
    Nope! The doctor can't make you do anything, they'll advise, and I'd always recommend to follow what your doctor advises!
    But don't be afraid to suggest how you feel about the increase! What time do you take your tablet at??

Hmmmm like I said, it was only really a few days ago I started to notice a slight difference. My first 2 weeks I had headaches and feel sick, and on the tip of week 2, I felt dizzy for a whole day, but the side effects have disappeared now. It's usually around 6-8 weeks before we'll notice a difference! So still really early days for me! And you too

One thing I've noticed is my depersonalisation is more manageable!

Thank you for your reply. I take my tablet first thing in the morning, the moment I wake up. I keep them by my bed with a glass of water so I can't procrastinate about taking them. It's normally about 6.30am.

I think if I could just rid myself of this awful anxious feeling all day it would be so much easier, but then that's why we are taking the tablets in the first place lol - doh!

I have been on Cit 4 times now, just wish my doctor had left me on it as it worked wonders but after two years each time, he would take me off only to end up a mess again. I am only starting off at 5mg as start upon, just got bad headache really and so tired.I find this horrible to begin with so am tying to do this very slowly, feel weepy too because not feeling great. I find going from ten to twenty the hardest normally and then the 30 to 40 really easy. My pharmacist was on Cit and told me it is because the medicine is in our bodies at 20mg so easier to go up again rather than starting from scatch...just wish I had a fast forward button,lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information