Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 to 20! Here it goes!

10 to 20! Here it goes!

Been on 10mg of Citalopram for 4 weeks now, minimal side effects; headaches and nausea, waking up at night during the first week and a slight increase in anxiety in week 2!

Now I'm meeting my doctor next Friday, although on the phone yesterday she suggested maybe trying 20mg, so taking 2 10mg tablets until next week so she can prescribe me 20mg tablets.

What do you think? I find my anxiety is less on edge, I feel slightly better, and certainly a lot more happy, but I would say I'm still anxious!

Do you think it'll benefit me?

Re: 10 to 20! Here it goes!

20mg is the therapeutic dose in most patients. I think you will Benifit from it

I definitely noticed a difference on 20mg. I tried a couple of times to reduce to 10mg and went back up to 20 mg. Give it a try - you can always reduce again if it doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMusicGuy6 View Post
    Been on 10mg of Citalopram for 4 weeks now, minimal side effects; headaches and nausea, waking up at night during the first week and a slight increase in anxiety in week 2!

Now I'm meeting my doctor next Friday, although on the phone yesterday she suggested maybe trying 20mg, so taking 2 10mg tablets until next week so she can prescribe me 20mg tablets.

What do you think? I find my anxiety is less on edge, I feel slightly better, and certainly a lot more happy, but I would say I'm still anxious!

Do you think it'll benefit me?

I think you would benefit from 20mg as that is supposed to be the therapeutic dose. You can always try it. You will likely feel worse first for a while but you may not.

Good luck!

Rich

How are you feeling? I am on day 6 of increasing from 10 to 20. I was on 10 for two weeks then moved up to 20. I am feeling quite bad at the moment, but I know it will pass.

I found the transition going from 20 to 30 pretty painless, side effects passed after about 5-10 days and were milder than the initial ones.
    Best of luck with your treatment

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I've just been cutting a 10mg (or as best I can as it crumbles) and taking it with another 10mg, so I'm getting between 14.5mg and 15.5mg.

Then in a few days I'll increase to 20mg!

So far it's been okay, I don't think an extra 5mg will affect me much.

How's everyone else getting on?

Hi. How are you getting on with your increase?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo61 View Post
    Hi. How are you getting on with your increase?
    Very well thanks! Slightly increased anxiety, but at the best of times I am noticing it's helping me. Now that's only taking 2 10mg Citalopram, so maybe taking 1 20mg Citalopram can make a difference? I doubt it! But I never know!

But yeah, for the most part I'm noticing differences with Citalopram, it's very gradual! Friends have noticed I'm not as snappy and agitated, that can only be a good thing??

are you on an increase too?

Oh I'm so glad that you are getting on OK with your increase because I'm sure my doctor is going to suggest I go up to 20mg at my review on Monday and basically I'm crapping myself! I've only been on 10mg for 12 days though, but obviously will be just over 2 weeks by Monday. Perhaps I should ask to stay on 10mg for another 2 weeks? I'm so scared

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information