Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Increased dose

Increased dose

Hi all

I was originally on Citalopram 30mg for 15 years which worked really well but then pooped out on me.

Three weeks ago my gp started me on 100mg Sertraline but this didn't help with my anxiety so a week and a half ago he increased it to 150mg. I definitely can feel an improvement - the side effects have more or less gone apart from a slight headache. I still however experience anxiety at various times during the day but it's not as bad as before - the main cause of my anxiety is intrusive thoughts and rumination along the lines of "how am I feeling, am I dizzy, when is this going to go away" etc etc. I have noticed I am not thinking like that as much as before - just wondered if you think I am going in the right direction? Am I meant to wait until I have been on the increased dose for say 6 weeks before I can make a decision on how I'm doing?

Really look forward to hearing from anyone with their thoughts - thanks.

Re: Increased dose

I would love to know how you get on as I am in the same position. I was on Cit for well over 15 years before it stopped working. I am now on day 2 of agomelatine so very early days. All I can think about is how I feel. I am trying to focus on the feelings rather than fighting them, but it's soooo hard!
    I would keep going for a while longer before deciding whether Sert is for you x

Hi I have been on sertraline for 4 years the thoughts were last to go and took a while. Once kicked in I was 100 percent myself. I was also on 150. I'm back on here as decided to drop meds and so regret it and now just waiting for it to kick back in.
    I would say still very early days. X

Quote Originally Posted by 23fish View Post
    I would love to know how you get on as I am in the same position. I was on Cit for well over 15 years before it stopped working. I am now on day 2 of agomelatine so very early days. All I can think about is how I feel. I am trying to focus on the feelings rather than fighting them, but it's soooo hard!
    I would keep going for a while longer before deciding whether Sert is for you x
    Hi - how are you feeling on agomelatine (I must confess I've never heard of it!). Cit worked really well for me for over 15 years - I never thought it would stop working (it stopped working 2 years ago) - for the last 2 years I have tried everything - CBT, hypnotherapy etc etc - anything rather than switching antidepressants but finally had to admit defeat! Hopefully our new medications will work in time x[COLOR="blue"]

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

Hello Suecee
    I think it's too early to tell after only 3 days on agomelatine. So far I have had poor sleep and heightened anxiety but don't know whether that's the meds or me being anxious about whether they are going to work. I'll keep you posted. Are you trying any meds at the moment?

Hello Suecee
    I think it's too early to tell after only 3 days on agomelatine. So far I have had poor sleep and heightened anxiety but don't know whether that's the meds or me being anxious about whether they are going to work. I'll keep you posted. Are you trying any meds at the moment?
    Just the anti d

Sorry, didn't read right back to the first post. How are you feeling today?

Sorry, didn't read right back to the first post. How are you feeling today?
    Not sure if I have a bug - have a headache I can't shift!

How's your head today? Isn't it a pain when you don't know whether your symptoms are meds related or just plain not well?
    I've managed to do a food shop today, but now reading in bed (again) as I just don't feel motivated to do anything. Good job it's the school hols still. I have another week to get used to these tabs before I go back to work. I spend far too much time thinking about how I feel or am going to feel. I know I'd feel better getting out and doing something but I'm just so good at putting it off!
    How are you coping with your symptoms? Keeping busy?
    x

How's your head today? Isn't it a pain when you don't know whether your symptoms are meds related or just plain not well?
    I've managed to do a food shop today, but now reading in bed (again) as I just don't feel motivated to do anything. Good job it's the school hols still. I have another week to get used to these tabs before I go back to work. I spend far too much time thinking about how I feel or am going to feel. I know I'd feel better getting out and doing something but I'm just so good at putting it off!
    How are you coping with your symptoms? Keeping busy?
    x
    Yes - just had my sons 30th birthday at my house with 20 guests! Tomorrow back to work - I also think too much about how I am feeling. Have noticed though that after 2 weeks on the higher dose my thoughts have calmed down a bit. Just so impatient and want this gone but I know it takes time x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information