Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: On The Road Traveling And Having Issues Please Help?

Re: On The Road Traveling And Having Issues Please Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Sounds familiar

I'm not telling you anything you don't already know deep down. Advice? Wean off the coffee, work on some CBT techniques to help rationalize your reaction to your anxiety symptoms and speak to your GP about meds other than the beat blockers.

I have prescription for Buspar. No start up or wean off issues and I've found it to be a quite effective chill pill. It really helped me with my "scanxiety".

Positive thoughts
    Yeah I know....but the throat thing , I have never had before. I just thought that I would ask because its new and seems to be something other than anxiety but then I guess it could be and probably acid reflux because of the stress and tension. Right now I am so down and just sad. I hate myself for being afraid . If it was up to me I would take something to turn fear off forever. I wish I had been a junkie and then I would never have to worry about fear. Just get high and forget everything.

I don't have a GP right now. I won't have one until we get medicaid started again. The only way that I can get a doctor to give me any kind of meds is to go to the ER and tell them that I am away from my doctor and need some medicines. I am not looking forward to that and have to do that when we get there at some point because it will be awhile before I have a doctor. Also I am on the road so don't think that CBT is going to work until I get established again. You see its kind of a bad time for GP and CBT.

Also I had a prescription of Valium because the doctor had decided that I have GAD . I haven't been to the doctor in eight months because it makes me nervous. Thank goodness he still gave me blood pressure meds and also blood sugar meds but he isn't even doing that anymore and he would not prescribe any Valium until I came to see him... thus that is why I don't have any Valium .

So you see why I am kind of roughing it right now. If I had Valium I would just pop some and forget everything but I don't have them and frankly I hate drugs and having to use any of them . I hate being tettered to doctors. I would rather almost die than have to deal with that but guess I don't really have a choice anymore. So you see my dilemma its all a mess.

I know you are trying to help but thought I would explain.. and always nice to know you are there and around and yes yes yes I have anxiety. But I can't do anything about it right now accept try to rationalize. Its not fun but you know that too.. So that is where I am . Anyway thank you again for posting to me.

And by the way .. I forgot..If you notice. That maybe one of the reason I am having so much anxiety .Check out the article that I put the link here. You have no idea how much coffee that I have drank in the past. I had even cut back at home already to three large cups. Now I am having three tiny cups.. which if you knew me you would know that is unheard of. I have been drinking lots of coffee since I was seven years old and all my life. I have really tapered off very quickly of what I have been used to . So that is another issue.. It could very well be caffeine withdrawal. Anyway wanted you to know.

I know all about caffeine withdraw. I've been a 16oz+ coffee drinker since my teens. It's how I started my day. I was one of those "don't talk to me until I've had my coffee" morning people.

When I started treatment, I couldn't bear drinking coffee within the first two weeks. I went through coffee withdraw so I know but it was Ok after about two weeks.

Ahhh yes.... Valium. The "make it all better" med. Had that too. It really helped during treatment. The radiation treatments were something out of mid-evil torture! Imagine having a fiberglass mask made of your face. They strap you down to a table, place the mask down over your head and neck, snap it down and put you into a tube with whirling machinery sending radiation beams into your neck. Fun stuff let me tell you. The Valium made it tolerable. It was like Yeah this sucks but F`it ~lol~ Problem is, it's addictive. Personally, medical weed was way better.

Look... moving, traveling, change of life and lifestyle are stressful regardless of anxiety. That, and all the other realities of life and growing older are stressful too. You're on the home stretch. Soon enough you'll settle in and things will improve. Once you do, consider therapy and additional meds if needed.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Finished arrived . 1613 miles or 2600 kilometers .Thank you and goodnight.

Fantastic Michael x

Hi Michael,
    I'm just catching up with ur blog.
    You made it!!!
    You are amazing. I totally understood every single symptom, worry and thought. But despite these, you soldered on. Please recognise how well you've done.

I hope you have, a relaxed and happy first evening with your family. I'm sure they will be able to help you get to a doctor's for meds etc soon. Well done xx

Carnation... Thank you. I'm doing OK. Actually I'm surprising myself and my family. I've only had a couple of panick attacks since my husband left which were made worse because he was my 'safe person'
    Whom I turned to in that moment of fear and despair.
    But
    As usual, I was fine and will be every time. X

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Fantastic Michael x
    Thanks

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:47 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dally View Post
    Hi Michael,
    I'm just catching up with ur blog.
    You made it!!!
    You are amazing. I totally understood every single symptom, worry and thought. But despite these, you soldered on. Please recognise how well you've done.

I hope you have, a relaxed and happy first evening with your family. I'm sure they will be able to help you get to a doctor's for meds etc soon. Well done xx

Carnation... Thank you. I'm doing OK. Actually I'm surprising myself and my family. I've only had a couple of panick attacks since my husband left which were made worse because he was my 'safe person'
    Whom I turned to in that moment of fear and despair.
    But
    As usual, I was fine and will be every time. X
    Daily , thank you , you are very kind. Relaxing with family now. Its over ,its over its over.. Thank God Its over but I am never going to let myself get stuck inside again or not drive. I learned my lesson. Feeling very tired and worn out but I think that time will help everything. Thanks to you and everyone for everything. Your attention and support really helped.

I am so pleased for you Michael. It will take time for you to settle in and get over your journey. I hope you have a feeling of safety now and not feeling alone anymore.
    Io know that your life will change for the better and if ever you feel the need to chat, you know where we are. It has been a pleasure supporting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I am so pleased for you Michael. It will take time for you to settle in and get over your journey. I hope you have a feeling of safety now and not feeling alone anymore.
    Io know that your life will change for the better and if ever you feel the need to chat, you know where we are. It has been a pleasure supporting you.
    Thank you Carnation for everything from the bottom of my heart! may all things good come your way for your kindness to me.
    USA 16.jpg

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information