Thread: Fibromyalgia or Anxiety??

Fibromyalgia or Anxiety??

Hi guys, here is my story:
    Before some months i was having back pain, which made me really anxious about my health, things i can do, etc...
    After MRIs, and exams like that, nothing was found. I went to a psysiotherapsit and told me that it might be some Reymatic disease, or Fibromyalgia (nothing about anxiety). After having all tests about Rheymatic diseases and so on, everything was clear.. So then my phovia started, about having Fibromyalgia, and i started feeling many different sympots, hard for me to explain(pain in other areas, bad sleep, some nights couldnt sleep at all, and when in big stress i also have some feeling like burning sensation in my body). I went to a Rheumatologist, and he said i dont have fibromyalgia, and all the symptoms i feel are due anxiety, stress. He mentioned also i have no tender spots, and being a 30 years old male, is also very unlike to have fibro...
    After that i started feeling better, but when anxiety triggers, i start have pains, burning sensations, etc... The pain during this period is very intense, and i cantunderstand if pain triggers anxiety, or vise versa...
    And for making things worse for me, two days ago my mom was diagnosed by the same doctor for Fibromyalgia. Since then i started having again every symptom of it...
    What do you think, can anxiety have the same effects with fibromyalgia, and make me feel the way i do??? I am very confused and dont know what else to do...

Re: Fibromyalgia or Anxiety??

Giokoll, during anxiety you can have a feeling of burning pain in muscles, etc., but anxiety does not cause fibromyalgia.

To get a diagnosis of fibromyalgia, you need to fulfill some exact criteria, one of them is to have symmetrical tender points at known locations. So, if the doctor said, you do not have fibro, you probably do not have it.

Thread Information