Thread: I'm really worried for my eyes?!

I'm really worried for my eyes?!

God, this is so annoying - One day of feeling relaxed after getting a proper diagnosis for the food poisoning I had (which I thought was a huge variety of much more dangerous stuff) And now, I find myself obsessively researching about my eyes.

This is crazy! They don't hurt, I don't have any changes in my vision, I don't think there are any floaters... But I'm still so worried!! Like, I'm scared, for one, that I have a parasite in my eye? Even though I don't wear contacts, so the chances of that happening are so minuscule!!!

The thing that is worrying me is: One of my eyelids was quite swollen for about 2 weeks, I think it's gone down now, but I can't tell, because it matches the other eye... But what if the other eyelid is swollen?? It's kind of difficult to explain... My eyes were shut when I woke up this morning, too - I had to force them open, made me worry quite a lot.

What's more, about 2 days ago I noticed there was a light pink patch on my eye white. Instantly I thought "oh god, oh god, it's a parasite" but I calmed myself down and thought no, that's not what it is.

But the pink patch was there yesterday too, and now, having woken up and checked this morning, the pink patch is still there, and the rest of the eye looks very very slightly pink too I can't tell if it's just that I can see more blood vessels or whatever, or if it's genuinely something serious?!?!
    On top of that, I have a tiny grey spot that's on my other eye. I thought it was moving for a second while I looked at it in the mirror, but it was probably my imagination...

I know I should probably just make an appointment with an eye doctor, but I'm too scared of being diagnosed with something serious (which is ridiculous, I know, because the earlier they diagnose something, the more likely it is that I can be cured, but... Agh!!!)

Health Anxiety is the worst, you're just one google away from days and days of panic...

If anyone else has ever had symptoms similar to mine, I'd really appreciate any advice. Thank you...

Re: I'm really worried for my eyes?!

No one's replied to this so I may as well just... update it and say that now I'm flipping terrified I have a tumor on my eye... The pink patch I was talking about earlier :(

Sounds like a classic case of conjunctivitis-were your eyes a bit sticky too? It should clear up on its own but you may want to go get some eye drops from your pharmacy

I am going out on s limb and saying you 100% don't have an eye tumour!!

Xx

I agree with Worried 1234.
    If I am tired, then my eye whites become red. Have you tried bathing your eyes with Optrex, cold tea? Visit the Pharmacy. Have an eye test (Opticians check for health conditions). I believe what you are experiencing is just a horrible frightening thought. I have them about other issues! Unfortunately, they seem real.

Maybe they were a bit sticky?? I'm not sure... All I can think of is that not the entirety of my eye is pink (like I've seen in conjunctivitis), just a patch closer to the iris, and I get scared because I can't find anything on Google that seems similar to what I've got other than eye tumors or whatever. (But even those don't look entirely similar...)
    I guess the thing that's causing me the most worry is that this patch has been there for a few days...
    It probably is just a horrible frightening thought, to be honest. I was wrong about all my other life-threatening illnesses, so why should I be right about this one?? But the phrase "what if" is a dangerous one to have in your mind.
    I might go to the pharmacy today or tomorrow, there's an opticians in a pharmacy close to me too, I believe.

Yeah, the "What if" phase is a horrible & destructive phrase to have in one's mind. It conjures up such horrible predictions. Sometimes when I'm in a better mood, one appears out of the blue to torment me (even about things I thought I had sorted out)!
    Visiting the pharmacy etc will help tackle the anxiety.

Ah!! I think I worked out what the redness is!!
    I got some soap in one of my eyes on the day that the redness started (before my eyes went red), and I didn't wash my eyes out with water thoroughly I think. Hopefully it'll get better soon, this is the third/fourth (I've lost track of time...) day since I've had it :|

Hooray!

Quote Originally Posted by Worried1234 View Post
    Sounds like a classic case of conjunctivitis-were your eyes a bit sticky too? It should clear up on its own but you may want to go get some eye drops from your pharmacy

I am going out on s limb and saying you 100% don't have an eye tumour!!

Xx
    Completely agree I have very dry eyes and never suffered with it before but I have had conjunctivitis twice since Novenber bad enough to need drops .
    What your describing is classic of it .

Thread Information