Thread: All kinds of issues going nuts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

All kinds of issues going nuts

for the past 10-15 years (maybe even 20 yrs) I have experienced rectal bleeding (on toilet paper only) after bowel movements and sometimes it burns/is sore after the BM for a few minutes. I am 38 yrs old. Usually only a drop or so unless I really strained then it might be some more. I have never really thought much of it. A few docs always told me it was probably piles/fissures. I might of even had a doc feel up there years back and feel a hemmie but I cannot remember as I have had so many weird exams and seen so many doctors for my hypochondria. At my annual physical a few months back when I described it to the doc he said it did sound like piles but didnt do any tests. But my CBC blood work was and has been normal for years. I have the morning rush as far as my BMs are concerned. I go 1-3 times in the morning when I wake up and then after I eat. Sometimes its normal and sometimes its thin - usually hotdog shaped and usually on the looser end.

Recently, I have felt a weird tightness is my left abdomen around the rib area thats been going on for a about 6 weeks. My stomach feels tight when I sit and when I relax at night to sleep. Its like there is a knot there in the left side and it moves around. Its not related to bowels/eating as far as I can tell. I went to the docs and they thought it was a muscular injury. They felt everywhere and couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. They didnt even order a scan but said they could if I really wanted but they didnt think it was necessary. Lymph nodes were normal, I have tons of energy, etc. This is a good doc too who doesnt dismiss me. Last year I had a pulled muscle in my groin which I thought was testi cancer and they told me it wasnt but they agreed to the ultrasound which of course was normal. I have 'had' like 20 other diseases that my doctors have given me tests for and they were always fine. I am male, very healthy diet, exercise all the time, etc. so it was very easy for the doc to feel my stomach and such as I have like 0% bodyfat.

So...now I feel like I have colon cancer because maybe the rectal bleeding is cancer and it was growing and now this tightness is something bad. On some rational level I realize I probably do have a fissure/piles because its been so many years and I am on the younger end for cancer and that this tightness is probably muscular and my anxiety all bunched up into one. I recently had a friend diagnosed with cancer and this is has taken my anxiety from a 1 to a 10. My stomach is going nuts. I definitely do have IBS, that for sure. But I am freaking out and feel like I need a CT Scan of stomach and a colonoscopy to be sure. It will cost a lot and put me through stress to even get these tests. Should I just be chalking this up to anxiety and move on? Or should I be going back to the docs to get these tests?
    Last edited by christian1979; 09-04-16 at 21:46.

Thread Information