Thread: Ecg maybe show Lvh

Ecg maybe show Lvh

Hi so had an ecg couple of weeks ago due to chest pain and twinges when working , it came up as normal but doc rang and said somthing wasn't quite right and wants to send me for ultra sound to check for Lvh I've now googled it to death and scared the crap out of myself , I'm mid forties couple of stone over weight and my blood pressure was a bit high , I've had huge problems and stress for the last few years which is why I ended up on this site , I'm constantly tired and get out of breath after walking my dogs for about half a mile , it's going to be a couple more weeks for the test and then probably have to wait for results don't think I could take anymore bad news , I now darnt excercise for fear of somthing bad happening , I haven't had a full nights sleep since December , sorry for sounding like I'm feeling sorry for myself but it really has been one thing after another , thanks in advance for any advice .

Re: Ecg maybe show Lvh

LVH can be a sign of some thickening of the muscle of the heart wall which in the vast majority of cases is due to high blood pressure. Some people have LVH when theit hearts are of normal size but this tends to be in taller thinner individuals. My advice would be to get a 24hr blood pressure monitor and if it is truly high over this time then the GP should start you on some med to combat it. They seem switched on, and have refered you for a Direct Access Echocardiogram which will see if the heart is thickened. If so, best to keep on the med long term. In itself this isn't a serious problem, the BP just needs to be well controlled to minimise your risk of heart disease and stroke in your later years. Don't worry about this, it's very common and easily treated. Hope that's helpful!

Re: Ecg maybe show Lvh

Hi , really appreciate the reply I didn't take in to much of what the doc said it was a quick telephone call , I'm not even sure if my blood pressure is always high as I'm usually panicking by the time I get in the surgery , guess I need to start looking after myself a bit better what ever the outcome , thanks .

Thread Information