Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: are breasts different shape and size wen arms are lifted

are breasts different shape and size wen arms are lifted

I've posted before and probably going to get an angry response again but just wandered if anyone's breasts are different my one is slightly bigger than the other but the small one is a diff shape wen arms are lifted not around the bottom but on the top its asif the skins thinner as there saggy after having kids I'm concerned coz they say changes in shape indicate breast cancer but I don't no if its normal for me as I've only just started checking them.anyone else's different wen arms are lifted .thankyou to everyone who responds.

Re: are breasts different shape and size wen arms are lifted

Yep, mine are...and I haven't even had any kids!

Having kids makes a big difference to boobs, having friends with similar issues that you mention, Beckie. Some of my friends have lost firmness and roundness in their boobs, some had bigger boobs after kids that rapidly got way smaller after breastfeeding, etc....women's boobs are a very random thing.

As I say, I haven't had kids (sadly) but one of my boobs is definitely bigger than the other and sits lower than the other. This is very common, Most women's boobs are different sizes/not symmetrical. Yes, when I lift them they are also different. As far as I know, this is normal as if boobs are not symmetrical with arms down, they won't be with arms up!!

The best way to really KNOW your boobs and any breast changes is by regularly feeling around the breast tissue with your fingers in circles around the nipple, working your way inwards. Breasts have a whole load of NORMAL lumps, shapes and bumps that is just normal breast tissue.

Debs71 is giving you the best advice anyone on here could Beckie .
    I don't think anyone could really add to that .

What you decribe is normal .

Thankyou for your reply debs just concerning wen all you see these days are adverts for things like this.i think ill still get it checked out for piece of mind I cant feel any lumps or anything ots just shape �� thanks again for your replys

I just find it hard that if its normal and over 100 people have viewed it but not commented.i just wonder why ?

Thankyou for that its reassuring but how do i no what's normal shape change and what's not ? As they say change on shape wen arms lifted which is wen my changes its not the roundness of it its where the stretch is

Quote Originally Posted by Beckie4567 View Post
    Thankyou for that its reassuring but how do i no what's normal shape change and what's not ? As they say change on shape wen arms lifted which is wen my changes its not the roundness of it its where the stretch is
    Hi Beckie! I'm not sure if you and I are dealing with the same thing but here is what is going on with me. I haven't been one to check my breasts that much, I mean I saw them when I'd change and stuff but I never really examined them closely. Anyway, back in January I was doing my hair and I didn't have my top on. I was putting my hair up and noticed something on one of my breasts. I didn't give it too much attention at first but I noticed it. Fast forward a week or so and I noticed it again. This time I checked more closely. I noticed when I lifted up my right arm my right breast changed shape. I noticed a dip when I looked down on the side and when I looked in the mirror a dented line going down the side of my right breast. I freaked out! I went and saw my OB/GYN for my annual check up a week later and she sent me for a mammogram (my first) and an ultrasound. Both tests were clear. I couldn't let it go so a month later I saw a surgeon. He examined my breasts and didn't feel anything and concluded that it was loose skin from having kids (I'm 31 and I have 2 kids, my youngest is 7). That was in March, all through March I still worried just couldn't let it go. So I went back to see the surgeon again just last week and he did another breast exam and said the same thing that when you get older and especially when you have kids your breasts start to go south. He also noticed I have a dip in my breast tissue underneath the skin so he thinks that could be related as well. I notice that when my breasts are cold and my (sorry TMI) my nipples are erect the dip/dent goes away mostly or when I'm getting close to starting my period. I'm not going to lie, I'm still concerned and my anxiety over it is still there but its not as much as it was. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk more.

Hi yes that sounds similar to me I don't have a dent wen I look in the mirror head on buy my right is def dif shape wen I lift my arm up compared to my left.its more saggy than my left so thought that might have something to do with it was your docter concerned at all or referred you ?

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

Hi yes that sounds similar to me I don't have a dent wen I look in the mirror head on buy my right is def dif shape wen I lift my arm up compared to my left.its more saggy than my left so thought that might have something to do with it was your docter concerned at all or referred you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beckie4567 View Post
    was your docter concerned at all or referred you ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie735;1542660I went and saw my OB/GYN for my annual check up a week later and she sent me for a mammogram (my first) and an ultrasound.Both tests were clear[/B
    . I couldn't let it go so a month later I saw a surgeon. He examined my breasts and didn't feel anything and concluded that it was loose skin from having kids (I'm 31 and I have 2 kids, my youngest is 7). That was in March, all through March I still worried just couldn't let it go. So I went back to see the surgeon again just last week and he did another breast exam and said the same thing that when you get older and especially when you have kids your breasts start to go south. He also noticed I have a dip in my breast tissue underneath the skin so he thinks that could be related as well.
    ^It's all right there ^. You were just at your doctor less than two weeks ago and given the "all clear". This is not different or sinister or anything else. Just normal asymmetric boobie after kids stuff.

When's your medication review? Have they put you up to 20mg yet? Have you started therapy again?

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 11-04-16 at 19:38.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information