Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skipped beats like on/off switch

Re: Skipped beats like on/off switch

Shell I do exactly the same, and I too feel what's like missed beats, and feel it in the neck too, the missed beat you think you feel is actually an extra beat, it just does it that fast you don't feel it, which makes you think its a skipped beat, we just have to try and accept it, and not let it scare us, its not easy, will take time, I think as we come to accept it, and maybe watch our diets (still trying to work out possible triggers for that one) it will get better, mine isn't no way near as bad as it was when I first started getting these episodes due to the panic factor, but I do still have the odd scary moments, I guess it will take time, and we are not alone

Thank for the reassurance Brian. I am worried at the moment because the last few days I have had multiple pauses after one another like 7 or so in a row. I read that having 3 or more could potentially be serious !!!! That's worried me even more. I've booked an apt to see my GP on Wednesday. Do you know if this can happen/ have you experienced this ?

yep I have experienced this shell, they wont stay like that, they will settle down again, just keep saying to yourself they are not going to harm you, just get the all clear from your doctor, they are frightening when that happens and its hard not to get scared, but I'm still here like all the rest of us that has these dreaded ectopic which we are so lucky to be able to notice...not lol

So there no need to be scared that I'm having all these in a row ?

you being scared is making them worse, your producing adrenalin which is fuelling them, try going a walk, sounds like you are having exactly the same as what I get most days, mine come and go, sometimes I get the odd one or two, other times I get lots in a row then they stop for a few minutes, then come back in runs, they seem to settle down at night time, I am due to get a 5 day holter and echo scan in a few weeks, but my cardiologist says he is only doing this to re assure me that they harmless and wont harm me or my heart.

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 ----------

I also get run of them when I a calm, they come on for no apparent reason, try holding your nose close your mouth bear down and blow til you feel your ears popping, don't do it hard though, nice and easy til you feel your ears pop, this sometimes stops the runs of them, but not always

It's sounds crazy but I feel it more when I am bending down like putting my shoes on and that .mine also tend to stop at night time and rarely I lose sleep from them, although i do notice it when I turn over in bed or sometimes wake up with them. I have stopped coffee, alcohol and have joined the gym to try and stop it. I am really grateful that you have replied to me it does make me feel less worried.

your not alone shell, lots of people have had these a lot longer than us and are still safe and well

Just one more thing.... I was thinking maybe my blood pressure could be the cause it's very slightly elevated around the 140/90 mark as I'm always anxious or so I think. Maybe it's actually high because it's medically high and not because I have anxitey !!! How would you know !??
    I am so annoyed with myself for allowing this to happen. Maybe its my age lol

I'm not sure Shell, you should always get these things checked out with your doctor first to re assure you

Your right. I will on Wednesday. Thanks Again for the chat. Have a great weekend

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information