Thread: Dp/panic

Dp/panic

Hi, have not posted for a long time and just wondering if anyone as any advice on dp and anxiety just appearing out the blue and what they have done to keep themselves calm
    Manda

Re: Dp/panic

I hate DP/DR and I have it right now after a panic attack and a period of heightened stress and anxiety and lack of sleep. The best thing I can recommend is distraction from it. IF you are like me and you constantly check yourself every few mins to see if its gone, then distraction is a must. I find the best distractions are watching my fave funny tv show on my phone in the bath, go for a walk, play a video game, dance about like an idiot in my room, talk to someone in real life or online and reminding myself that I have been here before and distraction and accepting that its a horrible feeling but its not dangerous at all and it'll pass will get me through it.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Re: Dp/panic

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information