Thread: Getting there

Getting there

Hey everyone, just wanted to post an update and say the past month I have seen big improvements in my anxiety and intrusive thoughts. It's kind of funny to say this with health anxiety but fighting bronchitis for several months and having something concrete to focus on has helped to bring me out of my rumination a lot.

There are also a couple other things that have helped, I have been practicing meditations from 'Finding Peace in a Frantic World' and they have helped greatly for me to see how thoughts are just like clouds passing by and can change. It helps to calm and ground me just doing the meditations as well. Also an attitude of I'm going to beat this, I want my life back has helped tremendously. Lastly focusing on spring projects has helped bring me back to myself, I've always been a big do it yourself person and have been busy focusing on things I want to do, so that has helped to crowd anxiety out.

I'm not 100% there and have had moments where I have had an anxiety spike, but it is so much better than before. Anxiety is not the first thing I think of when I wake up, nor is it the last when I go to bed. So please take heart everyone, I have had health anxiety on/off for 10 years but this last year it changed and was more general along with horrible intrusive thoughts. Pretty much a year straight of dealing with it and I thought it was never going to end, I have hope now. Things can change.

Re: Getting there

That's great news, Jade. I needed to hear something positive tonight x

Jade,

This is really good to hear.

You've had a rough time and not so long ago you couldn't see an end to how you were feeling. But look at this thread?!!! So, you can do it. Now you know it.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 12-04-16 at 10:04.

Thanks guys and a big thanks to you Terry - you replied to a lot of my threads and provided some really good information when I was in the thick of things and fighting intrusive thoughts and anxiety so much.

I just wanted to post and let everyone know that improvement can happen as it is so important to have hope when you are really feeling bad. I found some hope on here, so hopefully I can provide it for someone else!

Thread Information