Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missed 2 doses

Missed 2 doses

I'm on 30mg and have been for cit for over a year now - around 8-10 months on this dose.

I missed two doses recently because I forgot to open the new packet and I moved house so I'm off routine.

I've felt my sex drive increase and I'm actually a bit more able to be angry. I'm so ready to come off. I want to feel angry sometimes. I'm going to the doctor on Wednesday so I'm going to say I want to come down to 20mg for a couple of months, or maybe just one month then go down even lower - depending on how I do.

I've felt MUCH more awake. In fact I woke up in the middle of the night last night and found it hard to get to sleep. Does anyone else experience that when you come off citalopram?

What are the other side effects of coming off citalopram?

Re: Missed 2 doses

I tapered off very slowly from 40mg . It took close to a year altogether! The first week without Cit I felt great and thought I would manage without. The second to 5th weeks I had withdrawal symptoms (text book) which were manageable but unpleasant, and to be expected after 15 years on Cit! I had increased anxiety, serious hot flushes, and insomnia. Just wanted to prepare you for the fact that how you feel now may change and take a while to settle down x

Quote Originally Posted by 23fish View Post
    I tapered off very slowly from 40mg . It took close to a year altogether! The first week without Cit I felt great and thought I would manage without. The second to 5th weeks I had withdrawal symptoms (text book) which were manageable but unpleasant, and to be expected after 15 years on Cit! I had increased anxiety, serious hot flushes, and insomnia. Just wanted to prepare you for the fact that how you feel now may change and take a while to settle down x
    About how long after your last dose before the withdrawal symptoms became manageable? Namely the increased anxiety, mine is out of control right now and my thought process is really weird and anxious.

Probably about 2 weeks after I stopped completely x

Can I ask a daft question? Why do people decide to come off citalopram when they are feeling so great on it?

That isn't a daft question, I ask myself that.

I came off because I was constantly tired and I thought it wasn't doing anything anymore however I didn't feel depressed or anxious!

I was great for a good few months and then bang everything just collapsed again for no apparent reason. Personally I will probably be on these things for the rest of my life, I don't want to go through this again.

In answer to your earlier question about why I increased dose from 20 - 30, that was because I have been on 40 previously for many many years and the last time I was on it 20mg didn't help. 2 weeks after I was increased to 40mg by the hospital I became better again. Of course that's not to say that 20mg might of also helped in an additional 2 weeks!!!!!

Hope you are ok?

Rich

I came off because I wasn't feeling great at all and felt it had stopped working. I was so much more anxious than I had been before I started taking it (hormones, I suspect) and wanted to try something else for some relief. Only a week in on Valdoxan and still waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo61 View Post
    Can I ask a daft question? Why do people decide to come off citalopram when they are feeling so great on it?
    Because they are temporary meds and doctors are expected to withdraw them when they feel we are better. I wish the reality was so simple.

I've felt my sleep go a bit funny and I'm thirsty all of the time. I think those are the side effects I've been experiencing from missing 2 doses. It makes sense about the insomnia - I guess that's what I can expect from reducing my dose. I'm going to come off really slowly, I think.

I want to reduce because I want my sex drive back and I want to be able to get angry rather than being so rational all of the time. Being rational is boring. I want to get emotional sometimes.

I cried yesterday - think just missing those two doses really did make me go a bit haywire. The effects were after the days I didn't take the meds.

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

Feel really sleepy now. Woke up in the middle of the night the past 3/4 nights - except last night, and I slept for about 9 hours. And now I still feel sleepy. Argh meds!!

And there's nothing I can do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information