Thread: Dry mouth/feeling very thirsty?

Dry mouth/feeling very thirsty?

I'm actually on two medications right now: 20 mg of Lexapro and .5 mg of clonazepam, both of which I take at night. I can also take .25 mg of the clonazepam in the morning or during the day if I feel that I need it.

I increased both a few weeks ago. I increased the clonazepam first for about a week and then bumped the Lexapro up from 10 mg to 20 mg about 5 or 6 days ago.

I don't really know which drug is the true "offender" but since upping the Lexapro I've had a dry mouth in periods throughout the day, feeling like I'm incredibly thirsty.

Otherwise, most of my side effects have been mild/are gone...I had a shaky feeling when I was on 10 mg of Lexapro that has left and didn't return even with the dosage increase. Some nausea, which is mostly gone. Some digestive issues, but nothing major. Increased anxiety and anxiety about different things than normal, but nothing alarming. Just the thirst.

Is this a common/heard of side effect for any of you?
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Re: Dry mouth/feeling very thirsty?

hi, i am new here and notice your post is one month old, has your dry mouth side effect passed now?
    im not getting dry mouth with escitalopram 15mg (upping to 20mg from tomorrow though)
    before escitalopram, i took mirtazapine and got dry mouth with that one (and terrible restless legs syndrome, so was glad to get off that med)

Lexapro can cause a dry mouth.
    Please don't stay on the clonazapam for very long, it could cause more problems than it's worth.
    Mugs

Hey guys, just saw your updates.

I still get the dry mouth. I might try the Biotene rinse to see if it helps. It's not constant, though, I mainly get thirsty in the morning and the afternoon/evening. I really hate feeling/being thirsty but really this feeling isn't too terrible which is good.

Mugs, I don't know how long I'll be on the Clonazapam. Hopefully not as a regular dosage thing for too much longer. It really does help when I take the extra dose as-needed but taking it regularly may be helping my anxiety too. I may just be told to take one as I feel I need to.

I know that benzos can be addictive and aren't great to be on. I have an appointment with my psych at the end of June and as he told me he was giving me the Clonazepam to help with adjusting to the Lexapro, I'd be surprised if he didn't have me wean down and/or only take as needed at that point. Either way, according to him, I'm on a very low dose.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thread Information