Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Routine blood work include liver and thyroid?

Routine blood work include liver and thyroid?

I went docs and spoke about my anxiety (briefly) and he took look at moles/freckles and said they weren't eorrying.

He mentions he wants me to have blood tests to see why I'm anxious.
    Fast forward to going home I notice the letter says something about liver test and thyroid tests. My liver seems to be fine. Surely I can't have liver disease at a young age and don't binge drink?

My anxiety reckons he thinks it is melanoma and its spread to my liver...

---------- Post added at 06:53 ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 ----------

Ps I haven't had blood work done since a full std check couple of years ago.

Re: Routine blood work include liver and thyroid?

Nope it's just because certain disorders can cause anxiety type symptoms so he's just checking you out. I'm not talking life threatening illness but things like thyroid that can be easily corrected with meds xxxx

So why my liver? I can't see anything on the net except liver disease and cancer...

It has nothing to do with cancer.

Nothing at all.

If they thought you had melanoma and it had spread to your liver they would have you in hospital and they would tell you. Like I said on the other thread they aren't allowed to lie. If you had melanoma mets you would know about it, trust me.

A liver function test is extremely common. These tests are routine when someone is having blood tests.

It's just a routine blood test. For the love of god stop googling.

Just had my blood drawn on Wednesday, still waiting on the results but I did ask what all was it being tested for and liver was one of the things along with thyroid and cholesterol and just complete blood count. When they take blood they might as well test it for everything. Do you know when you will get your results? The waiting is definitely the hardest part. I'm waiting right here with you.

I just had my annual physical and they tested thyroid, liver, kidneys, lipids, CBC, etc.

I also had CBC, liver, thyroid, lipids, etc in the past year for a check up.

It's really better that way though. If they did tests on everything but that , then if you're like me you would start wondering if it's them things they did not test for. Better to knock it out all at once.

Routine blood work includes liver tests.
    It includes tests for all your major organs to see they're still functioning properly (far as I know). But definitely includes liver and thyroid as a standard

Standard routine blood tests, our Dr calls them mot blood tests ( uk term) because we have ministry of transport tests for our vehicles that cover alot of things so he says he is doing the same for our bodies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information