Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being referred for sigmoidoscopy can anyone relate??

Being referred for sigmoidoscopy can anyone relate??

Hi guys

So I've just seen the doctor who's referring me for a sidmoidoscopy.

I've had the dreaded piles for years and they often bleed on wiping but the other day about an hour after going to the loo I went for a wee and for some reason looked down the pan and there were 3 drops of blood spreading in the water. I wiped and it was definitely from my bottom!

Doctor thinks its the piles but because there's no cut or evidence of bleeding their sending me for the test.

Have any of you ever experienced anything I mentioned?

I'm absolutely convinced its cancer!!!!

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

Re: Being referred for sigmoidoscopy can anyone relate??

Maybe it was just left over blood from when you did last go the loo and the piles caused it and its only released this time. When I had blood it was a lot more than 3 drops.

I know it's petrifying but try not to be too worried, I'm going for my sigmoidoscopy tomorrow. Hopefully when you have yours it will put your mind to rest, I'm hoping mine does.

Take care.

Thanks for your reply, I really am getting myself worked up about it, I've even arranged to see a private consultant thur!!!!!

Was your blood just random not involving any going to the toilet?

Dawn ��

No, Mine was after going the toilet. Though I'm not sure I would have noticed it otherwise.

Good luck today, let us know how you get on xx

Thank you. Going in an hour :(

Been for my sidmoidoscopy now, After filling in the forms when I arrived there was an hour wait before my Enema which was quite stressful. Not sure why the wait was. Then I had the Enema and another hour wait even though it had it's effect in 5 minutes.

I was a bit worried though as I didn't feel fully empty and I didn't want to go through the procedure again if it wasn't clear enough on the camera. I heard them tell another patient that he would probably have to have another test another time as his enema didn't work fully.

Anyway after another hour wait I went into the camera room and had the procedure done it took about 15 minutes in total, Not sure what I was looking at to be honest on the screen. Just lot's pink skin .. lol
    It did hurt me quite a bit at several times, I was diagnosed as having IBS quite a few years ago and supposedly it's more painful if you have that. But it was bearable.

After it was all over It all turned out fine and they said the bleeding was just from a couple of internal hemorrhoids. They did say could do something with them but I didn't see the point as apart from the small amount of bleeding they don't bother me and now I know what the bleeding was from I feel very relieved.

I'm sure yours will go probably smoother than mine chatty girl especially if you don't have any delays like I did.

Brilliant lleo, I'm glad you got it sorted and the all clear of course.

I saw the consultant this afternoon, they had a cancellation, he was lovely, he did some sort of internal examination abd said he can't see any reason for the bleed and he really thinks its nothing to worry about but it would be silly not to follow up by having the sigmoidoscopy on the nhs, so I'm back on the waiting list but I feel so reassured now I'm glad I forked out to see him.

xx

I'm so glad you are feeling reassured now chatty girl after the consultant, I was considering seeing a private consultant as it was such a long time from the gp referral to the consultant. Hopefully like me your NHS sigmoidoscopy won't be too long. The actual time from consultant to sigmoidoscopy for me was very quick.
    Have a lovely week.

Thank you. how long did you have to wait for your sigmoidoscopy? My doctor said 8 weeks or so? Xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information