Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
Trump putting a US Military base in Poland? Not a bad idea. The Poles like it.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...s-military-ti/
Well Poland have been resisting EU rules in recent times and they are totally against any shared immigration policies. They've gone more right wing recently too.

The issue with the judges, although I'm not too aware of, sounds like how the US "elect" their which to me is always about loading the bases for the government of the time. Our system doesn't do this, the judiciary are separate. I've always found it strange how a democracy can allow politicians to have a hand in the judiciary.

I wonder how the EU are going to ensure that $2 and any other money isn't coming out of EU funds when Poland are a net beneficiary? Just another reason for Brexit maybe?

One of the reasons some people voted out of the EU. Poland. The biggest financial drain as a recipient. A big exporter of citizens. I certainly know of some Asian community members who have been complaining about Eastern European migration effects on increased crime & racism. Class of cultures with Poland being heavily white Christian I would imagine coupled with lower levels of immigration from other cultures? I would imagine that is a diverse as it was for us some years ago before we became largely more liberal?

If the Poles become more aligned with the US I wonder how that would influence a Polexit? They are deep in over the money with the EU so have no escape. I wonder how US investment could alter that?

The EU will be unhappy anyway since they want NATO out of Europe to make way for their own force. But oddly recently France and some key others are signing up for a non NATO military force that sits outside of the EU, and we are to be in there.

Weird times.