Thread: the EU & the UK

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: the EU & the UK

Quote Originally Posted by MobileChicane View Post

Remain-backing parties gained the majority of actual votes this election. They failed to turn this into seats because of the FPTP system. Whatever you feel, there’s something wrong in this country when people are so routinely not represented. I said the exact same thing when UKIP failed to win many seats despite the number of votes. It isn’t partisanship or sore loser syndrome. But yes, under the current system - which is all that matters - Brexit has a mandate.

Here's what the results would have been under PR (from 3:40am results)

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/sta...72890166824961

Support for EU membership across the EU has actually grown since the Brexit referendum. There is absolutely no evidence of a domino effect, quite the opposite.
    Yes I agree there won't be any kind of sudden domino effect. I said I think others may follow the UKs lead. I would think some of Eastern Europe would seriously consider it. Maybe the Netherlands. and if brexit turns out to be a success then I would think you would see a domino effect in time. Precisely what the globalists fear most...Brexit success...or Brexess if you will. ;-)
    Last edited by Noivous; 14-12-19 at 12:19.

Thread Information