Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
Something Tony was concerned about before the referendum was TTIP, the EU-US trade deal, and it's impact on the NHS:

https://fullfact.org/europe/does-tti...atisation-nhs/

The EU are still in talks over this but we now have a new question - we will be on the outside under a Corbyn CU and not an EU member state. The wording is all about EU states having exemptions. Do we think we will have one? If we sign up to a CU we will have access to EU trade deals and TTIP, if ratified, would be one of them.

Consider the issue Turkey have raised. They are in a separate CU with the EU. However, that CU is attached to the EUCU in order to gain it's access. One drawback Turkey have raised is third party FTA's with the EU that allow Single Market access are one way - they can access further on into the Turkish market but Turkey can't benefit from the FTA access because they are in a satellite CU.

Where will we be? And will the EU care about preserving the NHS? Why would they after we have left? Imagine they do try to care and then Trump says the NHS issue is the one that scraps the entire agreement. Do we think the EU will sacrifice all that trade for a country that has left?

Now note the explanation doc Fullfact provided from the EU:

http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/doc...doc_153614.pdf

Quite legal in that for one big private firm to run the NHS. It is down to the EU to decide and all part of their courts.

So, how would we prevent this in our laws when trade law within EU FTAs would be the jurisdiction of the ECJ?

Corbyn mentioned having a opt out which may mitigate this but it's all hidden information to us. What guarantee, in writing, do we have from the EU that they are willing to provide a CU with such an opt out, one that is not in existence in any of their CU's as it's within the voting rights of EU states which we would not longer have a seat at? Sadly, all this has been forgotten because the focus is on the Brexit deal rather than scrutinising the alternatives which are just been sold as soft options.

Corbyn has said he could easily get his deal because the EU have already agreed to it. I've only seen Labour and our media talking about this deal and I can't remember seeing EU reps saying anything other than they would consider it.
I'm still concerned about TTIP
I think you have summed up the notes on it so far Terry

Regards the election as I'm undecided I have currently donated to Full Fact because I hate fake news for this upcoming election as I did in 2017
I'm hoping that they will hold MP's and prospective MP's to account