Page 80 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    A bit like the nightly massacres we had from the fuhrer then eh?

Stopping Hitler perhaps a bit more important than anything Zionist to most in the UK at the time. It paved the way to many people having the freedom to post their beliefs on the internet today
    More like fireworks compared to the bombing of Dresden which was purely done to exterminate the civilian population. Hitler didn't start the indiscriminate bombings - Churchill did.

Not sure which freedom you're talking about because people are being arrested for thought crimes in police state Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    More like fireworks compared to the bombing of Dresden which was purely done to exterminate the civilian population. Hitler didn't start the indiscriminate bombings - Churchill did.

Not sure which freedom you're talking about because people are being arrested for thought crimes in police state Britain.

Fireworks? You might not have said that if you endured it.

Yep, Hitler. Didn't do much did he? I'm not sure what the Jews, and other minority groups, did to force him into a plan of extermination. Churchill was a war criminal but Hitler just gave us fireworks by comparison?

Yes, your police state. I'm still awaiting your evidence on that. So, far you have shown me a rare case years ago of 1 man shot by the police. If that's a police state, they have certainly become very liberal since the good old days. It hardly compares to what the likes of China get up to.

Do you not find it ironic that you are complaining about freedom in our police state whilst making your claims? Has your door been kicked in yet? Have you be taken to an unknown detention centre never to be seen again? The government are trying to introduce internet controls, why not just tell us it is so and start arresting anyone who doesn't follow their demands?

What thought crimes? When you put it into speech or writing it is no longer a thought crime is it? Whilst I would agree there are concerns about the extend to which activism is pushing certain things we still have many freedoms. Feel free to think what you wish, if my intrusive thoughts, and my verbalisation of them, including violent themes to the extremes of torture & murder I find it strange I haven't been arrested. OCDers would be in prisons for their thinking, but we are not and we won't be. But we keep balance between what is offensive and what it overemotional responses. By making spurious claims, the latter will suffer and sides become entrenched further.

Large variations in the claimed death toll have fuelled the controversy. In March 1945, the German government ordered its press to publish a falsified casualty figure of 200,000 for the Dresden raids, and death toll estimates as high as 500,000 have been given. The city authorities at the time estimated up to 25,000 victims, a figure that subsequent investigations supported, including a 2010 study commissioned by the city council.

AND

Falsification of evidence[edit]
    The bombing of Dresden has been used by Holocaust deniers and pro-Nazi polemicists—most notably by the British writer David Irving in his book The Destruction of Dresden—in an attempt to establish a moral equivalence between the war crimes committed by the Nazi government and the killing of German civilians by Allied bombing raids. As such, "grossly inflated" casualty figures have been promulgated over the years, many based on a figure of over 200,000 deaths quoted in a forged version of the casualty report, Tagesbefehl No. 47, that originated with Hitler's Reich Minister of Propaganda Joseph Goebbels.

So, current Germany don't agree with that high figure or wartime propaganda as we should refer to it. There is also a notable name there, David Irving, a well known holocaust denier.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 14-02-19 at 02:44.

Re: the EU & the U

Churchill is a symbol of appeasement...

Appoint me Mr President. My first action shall be to replace Knighthoods with Shitehoods. I expect the honours ceremony to take a lot longer than now as it will be a celebration of a greater volume of worthy candidates. Many will be simple transfers from the old award. Mr Beckham will finally get one
    The Danes have their own doll!

https://www.politico.eu/article/dutc...brexit-muppet/

Foreign Minister Stef Blok tweeted a photograph of himself looking bemused — which likely sums up the EU's response to Brexit — behind a muppet wearing a Brexit T-shirt lying on his desk, warning Dutch businesses to make sure "Brexit doesn’t stand, or lie, in your way."

No bitterness there then with that little barb He looks like he's trying to karate chop it!

Maybe the Remain In campaign can adopt one of their own?

Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 14-02-19 at 14:55.

We all up for the UK's leaving drinks on March 29th , raising a glass to the other 27 member states one last time with a JD & Coke and a Hokey Cokey ?

I don't think 'Rachel Johnson' will be there, but hey, if you want a stripper, she's your girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I don't think 'Rachel Johnson' will be there, but hey, if you want a stripper, she's your girl.
    Just make sure you book the right Johnson

(You can get away with booking Dwayne The Rock )

Just make sure you book the right Johnson

(You can get away with booking Dwayne The Rock )
    Yup, we definitely dont want to see Johnsons Johnson
    Guess Rachel could jump out of a big Brexit cake and we can then all have our cake & eat it !!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsl...cid=spartanntp

It's a sort of Momentum for Brexit.

I wonder how many people have put themselves down as activists but just argue online?

But if Labour has taught us anything donors don't really count that much. Momentum blew that apart. But then they also need to remember, as did the donors before them, that they represent a tiny % of the voting population let alone those eligible to vote.

---------- Post added at 04:54 ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    Guess Rachel could jump out of a big Brexit cake and we can then all have our cake & eat it !!!!
    If I have cake I always eat it!

---------- Post added at 05:04 ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 ----------

We all up for the UK's leaving drinks on March 29th , raising a glass to the other 27 member states one last time with a JD & Coke and a Hokey Cokey ?
    And definitely NO "shake it all about"

I suspect a sliver of hope in you, Tony, isn't it the other 26?

Do you think she will just pursue an extension? Parliament can't get their act together on this so how are they going to resolve it now after all this time and nothing? Despite a recent statement regarding not extending (Juncker?) a previous statement had said we can as long as we commit for a further a year so budgets are covered. Maybe not popular but potentially sensible to try to do something. But I fear sides are so entrenched 50 years won't sort this one out.

The Labour split has started. A few key MP's there, one who could have been leader. I wonder if this sparks the start of the new centrist party? There are is it 6 other ex Labour MP's stuck as independents right now (1922 Committee?) so I wonder if they will join this latest 6.

There have been some Tory MP's who are against No Deal and I wonder if they have enough in common i.e. more moderate Tories, that could mean they combine?

I've seen a bit about Berger's recent problems with her local party and it's sad that Corbyn's weakness in allowing the anti Semitism debate to rumble on (and I don't count that worthless Chakkrabarti nonsense as an investigation) leading to what she experienced. And what timing that Hatton is allowed back in, the name has changed but it still begins with M and people have been concerned about people like this sneaking back in. I thought they were supposed to be weeding them back out?

I wonder how this will upset Brexit further? Corbyn has lost control of some votes here letting May have even more freedom. And Labour are going to struggle even more at the next GE. What a mess!

Well, it looks like our MP's have stopped whining on about leaving and having no home and hav estarted putting their money where their mouth is. Now 3 heavyweight Tories have left:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...ocid=ASUSDHP17

I really can't see career MP's giving up their gravy train as independents have little chance. This must be about a new party.

But how will this work? I can see some of them being more centrist but I'm not so sure about Sourbry. She is farther right and her voting record is surely at odds with who she could join? I can't see her in a party with Frank Field! Would the first order of business be her taking that portrait of Thatcher down that she has hanging behind her desk?

Page 80 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread Information