Page 117 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1825

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Mr Corbyn's holidays aren't going to plan anyway, he's currently busy prying some climate change loons off his wall with a fish slice

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Guy Verhofstadt says: “Both parties Conservatives and Labour will again run down the clock – the proof of this is that the first decision the Commons has taken after the decision was to go on holidays.”

He’s right, y’know – I mean priorities are priorities. Those MPs have worked so hard – they deserve a good, long break. About twelve months in HMP Peterborough should be just about right!

It was the decision of the British people. So what my fear is, is that instead of killing Brexit, the decision could risk killing Europe, putting our energy in negotiations with British leaders – like Mr Corbyn or Mr Johnson - who in their heart despise Europe.”

At first glance I thought: every cloud has a silver lining. But then I noticed “…British leaders – like Mr Corbyn or Mr Johnson” Crikey, when did that happen?
    I think guys like Guy V are just part of the technocracy, they are happy when we vote the way they expect but when we challenge their views they arrogantly look down on we plebs. We don't know anything, we are mere sheep.

It's just an EU Project Fear to be telling their side one country leaving would kill Europe. And their arrogance shows again as they are the "EU" NOT "Europe". They do NOT speak for all European countries. And I seriously disagreed that Corbyn despises Europe just as the vast majority of people on any voting side don't despise them either. But it's part of the anti Brexit narrative from the federalists like him trying to whip up anti British sentiment in the same way Farage does it against them.

If the UK leaving kills even the EU project then it's clearly a failed project. No one country should be a linchpin. If other countries fell away then that only shows they weren't committed.

Just more flag waving nonsense.

I noticed in an earlier post you have stolen Farage's "no more Mr Nice Guy" for The Cross Party I thought you might have gone with "No Pain, No Gain"

And here is the result of our MP's dithering for 2 years:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8874361.html

Two polls showing strong support for this new party. The second shows the UKIP vote being stolen and the Tories losing some too. So, doesn't this demonstrate the very selfish reasons Cameron even called the referendum have now returned as Farage has? UKIP were unpopular with their lurch further right and they have been a total mess anyway since Farage left. People seem to go UKIP because of him and those behind him really don't have the same presence.

So TIG failed immediately when compared to this new party. TIG may be about more though and do better in seats, although I suspect they will get ploughed under by the two party nature of our voting, but Farage might now start peeling votes back away form Tory & Labour. At a time when things are already hung, that's bad news.

at our politicians opening this door again through their failures.

But the pertinent word in “They need to reform & make fairer” is “They”. Who are “They”? Obviously not us, otherwise you would have referred to ‘we’ in that sentence. You might see where this line of discussion is going, Mezz. I’ll leave it up to you to decide if you want to pursue it further….
    But who is in the right? Us or them?

They regard our Euroscepticism as unfounded. The post referendum EU summit responded with solidarity for the EU project and even closer union. They made further moves towards military governance too.

It's that boiled frog Noivous talks about. Something Benn warned of and was mocked for?

If 26 members agree on a direction of travel and you have one obstinate member blocking them at what point do you review the voting rules to change that? Why should 1 member hold the rest back? What if say Poland decided to veto something we wanted along with 25 other members? Would we let that lie forever?

Guy Verhofstadt says: “Both parties Conservatives and Labour will again run down the clock – the proof of this is that the first decision the Commons has taken after the decision was to go on holidays.”

He’s right, y’know – I mean priorities are priorities. Those MPs have worked so hard – they deserve a good, long break. About twelve months in HMP Peterborough should be just about right!
    Isn't it just typical that the one bunch of people who should be inconvenienced by the climate change protesters are on holiday? Seems like an epic fail to me...

What!?!?!?!?!?!?
    2nd Referendum 23rd May!
    In that case I want a 2nd vote on all the other stuff that didn't go to plan.
    Parliament never intended to leave the EU in my eyes.
    They have just been playing for time.
    And this is not going to sit well with the people whatever side you are on.
    I really can't believe it, well, yes I can actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    What!?!?!?!?!?!?
    2nd Referendum 23rd May!
    In that case I want a 2nd vote on all the other stuff that didn't go to plan.
    Parliament never intended to leave the EU in my eyes.
    They have just been playing for time.
    And this is not going to sit well with the people whatever side you are on.
    I really can't believe it, well, yes I can actually.
    The EU elections are due around then and some people have been spinning it as a referendum V2 in their desperation. They perhaps need to be careful what they wish for since Farage is now leading in polling...so perhaps they will change their minds about it being another referendum and downplay it in their typically hypocritical way?

Turnout for EU elections are typically poor anyway. I expect a "Remain" win would be spun as "the voice of the people" even if only 5% of the population turned out...despite 2 years of them arguing so many didn't vote in the referendum hence it can't be the "voice of the people".

EDIT: Yep, The Guardian and some desperate Remain campaign groups by the looks of it. I wonder what they will say should Farage win? We demand a 3rd referendum? This 2nd referendum wasn't really one so it's not legal?

Senior US Democrat Nancy Pelosi is warning us not to jeopardise the GFA if we want to trade with them. I'm probably not the only one reacting with at that when considering Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Ukraine, plus their support/eyes averted to Israel and the Saudi's. No one wants a hard border, and least of all a return to troubles...after all it's more us that will be on the end of that than the US, but even at it's height it wouldn't compare to the hell holes the US have left in it's wake.

Nothing like being 'talked and taught' by the USA.
    Theres not a Politician in the UK who isnt aware of the need to keep the GFA in place.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    The EU elections are due around then and some people have been spinning it as a referendum V2 in their desperation. They perhaps need to be careful what they wish for since Farage is now leading in polling...so perhaps they will change their minds about it being another referendum and downplay it in their typically hypocritical way?

Turnout for EU elections are typically poor anyway. I expect a "Remain" win would be spun as "the voice of the people" even if only 5% of the population turned out...despite 2 years of them arguing so many didn't vote in the referendum hence it can't be the "voice of the people".

EDIT: Yep, The Guardian and some desperate Remain campaign groups by the looks of it. I wonder what they will say should Farage win? We demand a 3rd referendum? This 2nd referendum wasn't really one so it's not legal?

I think the EU elections on May 23rd will be incredibly politicised by all parties and I think they will give Brexiteers a bit more steel to their arguments as Im pretty sure that the Brexit Party & UKIP will do well again. It will as you say be hard for the Remainers to spin anything after that if that is what happens but Remain have hardly got a prescence in the May 23rd elections, its just the Change party isnt it ?

Page 117 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast

Thread Information