Page 181 of 181 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181
Results 1,801 to 1,805 of 1805

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Since the UK isn't a paying member they have to make cuts. Austerity it is. I've always said the EU is attempting to create a one world Government. I get called a looney when I suggest it. Of course a one world Government is near impossible without Russia, US and China. All are trying to create their one world Government. In essence it's the USA, Russia, Europe and China that run things. But the EU seems to be down a few chips. I can bet the UK is going to be up the rear end of Trump very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Since the UK isn't a paying member they have to make cuts. Austerity it is. I've always said the EU is attempting to create a one world Government. I get called a looney when I suggest it. Of course a one world Government is near impossible without Russia, US and China. All are trying to create their one world Government. In essence it's the USA, Russia, Europe and China that run things. But the EU seems to be down a few chips. I can bet the UK is going to be up the rear end of Trump very soon.
    James, have you seen the film Mutant Chronicles (based on an RPG I think)? The world is run by 4 huge corporations that replaced governments and they spend all day fighting over resources. It reminds me of this and funnily enough we are in the block with the US

An interesting piece from the FT (anti Brexit):

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news...cid=spartanntp

The Nissan UK boss is well known for his empty threats (remember the Euro?) but I didn't expect this with the Japanese PM saying he wants the UK to remain in the Single Market or they would start shifting into another EU country. Here we have Nissan finding their sales in the rest of the EU not worth staying in the case of a harder Brexit where tariffs are applied. They would also seek to poach business from those who remained in the EU by driving up UK car sales.

Plants in Barcelona and France would be hit or closed for this. It would hit the German car market too which will be concerning since Germany has been working hard to stay out of recession through most of 2019.

A question raised now is whether Nissan would see a bigger increase in profits by leaving their EU market and poaching UK car sales? It also raises questions over a shift in tactics by Japan.

I still think tariffs will be dropped though as it's just good business sense for both sides. The negotiations are just starting so we will hear the nonsense hard stance stuff from both sides just as we did 3 1/2 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBMvZRf9Scs&feature=emb_title

I thought Nigel's speech was very good (see video). What do the rank and file think?

Well, I can see the UK outside the EU, but the fact is our legislative system is to be changed, though it's being considered as one of the best. I think we need to create more associations to protect civilian rights, such as this one, for example, AAAPPP In my opinion, we need to improve measures of legislative order as soon as possible.

Page 181 of 181 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181

Thread Information