Page 159 of 159 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159
Results 1,581 to 1,584 of 1584

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

I don’t know if I can bring myself to watch PM elect Boris tonight, I may spontaneously combust watching him !!!!

As comedian Katy Brand has just said on Twitter. —- A woman, a mother of small children, is imprisoned in Iran. She is ill, physically, and highly distressed mentally. She is still there because Boris Johnson couldn’t be bothered to read his briefing notes properly. If that doesn’t shit you up at night, I don’t know what will.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    I don’t know if I can bring myself to watch PM elect Boris tonight, I may spontaneously combust watching him !!!!

As comedian Katy Brand has just said on Twitter. —- A woman, a mother of small children, is imprisoned in Iran. She is ill, physically, and highly distressed mentally. She is still there because Boris Johnson couldn’t be bothered to read his briefing notes properly. If that doesn’t shit you up at night, I don’t know what will.
    To be fair, I'm not sure we truly know why she is there. Firstly lets blame the regime who have imprisoned her, coerced her into signing BS and treated her this way. Boris made it worse but Brand is demonstrating how she's more irked by Boris than the actual situation. Therefore she can hardly claim any moral high ground in using the plight of this poor woman.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    im well known as a Remainer here
    Absolutely acknowledge that Leave won the advisory referendum
    i donít want another referendum though I do wish we hadnít voted Out. I donít think thatís good for us
    As a Remainer I absolutely do not want a No Deal though
    I donít see why we need to commit to a No Deal apart from the dire work of Politicians over the last 3 years !!!!!

There are not degrees of democracy, however further voting would be democratic though it might not seem fair
    Like in business, you can steer a situation. Just make it shit and stifle the hell out of it until you get your way. All the legal boxes get checked but it's a strategy, a one lacking in ethics.

We will end up looking to the EU for the way out. Eventually they will boot us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Brexit Day + 81

Is Tom Watson (Labour Party deputy leader) voicing what all remainers want (many tacitly) that Brexit be completely abandoned Ė as if the Referendum had never happened?

If this is the fact of the matter, then surely itís about time those remainers who profess to have a nodding acquaintance with the truth Ė that the outers won Ė should be honest and come clean. Obviously, this would mean their denying democracy, with all that that entails (Iíll pause here and wait for the remonstrations that there are degrees of democracy and it isnít an absolute concept Ė because currently thatís how itís being nudged into fudge).
    I have always seen Watson as someone who makes the right noises but is just sailing the easy winds. He has no intention of addressing the elephant in the room, the fact so many want out and how parties like TBP are on the move. He is another who just wants the lid back on the can of worms.

They are crowing about Peterborough but it's a marginal seat that has flipped between Labour & Tory over the last century, it's not a Labour stronghold. And the new MP has stood before and lost to the Tories. That seat could easily flip again.

To quote the Rage Against The Machine track Know Your Enemy, "What? The land of the free. Whoever told you that is your enemy".

Page 159 of 159 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159

Thread Information