May's deal was always doomed when so many of the Remain hardcore MP's will vote it down no matter what. On the other side of the coin we have the ERG who will vote it down no matter what as they want No Deal. I'm not sure any compromise would work but if it can it comes down to those outside of these two hardcore groups voting together which is something they aren't doing right now.

Boris may break the law but he will very quickly be summoned to court and face a potential contempt charge. In this scenario the EU would likely dismiss his lack of action and accept an extension. A50 mentions that the state has to follow it's constitutional processes and breaking the law is going to be an easy out on that. The problem is extending before the date otherwise the damage it done and mechanisms have to change again.

There is a part of me that finds it hard to contemplate a complete change in every system out there on x date like we are switching on a light bulb. But if we can so easily switch it on we should be able to switch it back off again with just as much ease.

There are some things floating around that even though we may No Deal there are agreements in place for months after to manage certain situations. I think I read there will be a 9 month transitional period in this event across the Irish border on food checks. What else is there (that we aren't be assured of) because I assuming the planes won't be dropping out of the sky as some of the media seem to imply.

Juncker is done, the new EU president is in now so hopefully we can soon forget about that idiot. Barnier says there is no room to negotiate further an certainly not on the backstop. The new EU president taking over from Juncker says the opposite as does Hogan who is Irish and in charge of trade going forward. He indicated they could tweak elements to get Parliament to agree to it. And now we have the possibility of a NI only backstop which was originally suggested but May turned down. Boris could get that over the line I reckon as the DUP are no longer holding those key votes so he can easily sell the DUP down the river.