Page 113 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1825

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

This will go down in the anals of time as a giant cock up.

Go where?

To Theresa's next house party?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    This will go down in the anals of time as a giant cock up.
    Quite! Total balls-up by a load of knobs pfft.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    31st October, EU calling the shots, because they quite rightly dont believe May can sort it out by the end of June
    Time for this bunch of numpty MP's to earn their wages and expenses by sorting this out ASAP
    She ought to give herself until end of June, if she hasnt sorted it by then, she goes and someone else sorts it for the 31st October date

In other news, Camerons diaries ( will be remaindered fairly swiftly I imagine ) due to land now before we Brexit, presumably with him explaining 'Piggate' and the context to the 'Referendum', doubt it
    I bet she can't wait to go. Success or failure, they all ride the ex PM's gravy train.

What would her leaving even solve? What if we then get someone like BoJo?

The only way I see this deadlock breaking, and Jezza is part of that problem too with his "mysterious new non existent CU where we get a say in the EU's trade deals", is if May is replaced by someone who will support "the" CU, not Jezza's McGuffin, which allows enough Labour MP's to vote with them. But will Jezza whip his MP's because he wants his CU?

Either than or the EU get so sick of us they run the clock down and boot us out.

But it's not as simple as the EU calling the shots either, they have problems with No Deal. ROI has an economy heavily dependent on UK trade and Denmark do a lot of exporting to us too. The situation with Rotterdam is an interesting one as China use that as a backdoor. The German car industry takes a major hit (and their lovely top boss saying he would simply sack all the German workers and move to a cheaper EU country...that must make a lot of German's happy ). And what of Japan and how they use us as their way into the SM? I don't think it's as simple as us vs EU in this respect, they have their external pressures too.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Go where?

To Theresa's next house party?
    It's got so bad and I hear she's next seen at the door of a house in Crinkley Bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Think the EU saw us coming
    And we are taking all 26 of them on. Tessie Does Brussels

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    In other news, Camerons diaries ( will be remaindered fairly swiftly I imagine ) due to land now before we Brexit, presumably with him explaining 'Piggate' and the context to the 'Referendum', doubt it
    One less supply chain issue for the supermarkets then...Andrex substitutes found ready for the panic buying

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Hi Terry! How's it going?

Check it out.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...-wants-brexit/
    Hi N, fine thanks mate. How are things with you?

I'm not sure I know what May stands for. I question whether she is really not bothered either way and just wanted the PM job as she was a very quiet Remainer in the run up.

so reading around things ........ Thomas Friedman writes in the New York Times that Britain is determined to commit economic suicide it just cant agree (HOC) how to kill itself

Parliament seems to be rejecting plans, is it possibly because of the MPs believe that their own exits be they No Deal, May Deal, CM v2 etc etc will be pain free & unless MPs can agree something October 31st will soon be upon us and we'll be the laughing stock of the G7 & G20

Ian Dunt in the Washington Post, believes, looking at it from the outside that the 2 main UK parties have become too idealogically rigid for compromise to happen. If such n such Corbyn loses a load of his parties support, if such n such May loses a load of her oarties support

Clive Crook from Bloomberg doesn't believe there is a compromise anyway

Page 113 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast

Thread Information