Page 94 of 183 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    She sticks to her deal = she gets crucified.
    She goes soft Brexit (EFTA or CU) = she gets crucified.
    She goes hard No Deal = she gets crucified.
    She revokes A50 = she gets crucified.
    I guess thats all true Terry but I dont have sympathy for her as she never should have gone for an election in the middle of Brexit negotiations

I dont think you can blame all Remainers for where we are.
    Theres plenty of Remainers who dont want a 2nd referendum.
    I think No Deal is tantamount to economic suicide Im afraid. Certainly in the short to medium term anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    I guess thats all true Terry but I dont have sympathy for her as she never should have gone for an election in the middle of Brexit negotiations

I think you are right, it wasn't needed and was more about concreting her position. She showed herself to be terrible at campaigning and it backfired leaving things even worse then before.

But you can substitute her name with any other MP in Parliament right now and the outcomes look the same. Too many divisions and that's why at some point someone is going to have to take the leap and say tough to the rest. It's either that or we stay in limbo for the rest of our lives over this.

There may be a better deal than May's deal but it won't unite people. It's more about what is acceptable to enough of us, not what any of us really want.

Do any of them need sympathy? They get paid either way, they move onto their next high profile post, it's all gravy to them.

I dont think you can blame all Remainers for where we are.
    Theres plenty of Remainers who dont want a 2nd referendum.
    I think No Deal is tantamount to economic suicide Im afraid. Certainly in the short to medium term anyways.
    We can blame some of them as we can blame some of the Leavers. But at least on each side they have a belief, more blame can be laid at those who are just using this for their own selfish gains.

I've always wanted a trade deal and still do.

It's all gone very quiet over the banks?

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    *“Ne’er doff a clout ‘til May is out!
    By the time you read this everyone might be doffing clouts like they’re going out of fashion (mine were never in fashion ).

There is no way Brexit can be fulfilled now without leaving immediately and with No Deal. This was probably always the case, but the matter has become so intractable and damaging that it needs urgent, radical measures – like the removal of a gangrenous limb.

For the past six months I’ve been harping on about this because it’s the most seriously pressing problem facing Britain. Remainers – and that’s all of them to some extent – are bad losers and will do anything to sink Brexit. The fatal flaw in Britain right now has crystallised into Leavers and Remainers. The worrying part of this is how long the situation has existed. For a long time – certainly since 1974 – pro-Europeans have smugly ruled the roost. Do they really believe they have moral superiority, that they can see benefits in the EU which not only outweigh the disadvantages but can’t be seen by us mere poor, purblind, foolish leavers?

Re-running the ref by electronic petition? If it were so easy, why wasn’t it done that way in the first place? Because, like it or not, this is the real world in which we live, not some virtual banana republic to be be manipulated by techy agitators! Perhaps we should have a virtual Parliament – 1984 came and went thirty-five years ago, but we seem to be only just arriving there (anyone want to buy a DeLorean?)

Bugler, play El Degüello and let’s get it over with!

*An old country saying meaning never remove any layers of clothing until the hawthorn may blossom is out, because, even if the weather’s fine, you might get caught out: the may being out is a sign of Spring having truly arrived.
    I think No Deal is a possibility but not because any Brit wants it to be...because the EU will get sick of this nonsense and boot us out. Then there will be a multi faceted blame train because that will fall on everyway arguing, not just May.

UK MP's can vote that the iceberg doesn't exist until the cows come home but it doesn't make the iceberg change it's mind on it's course. Talk about re-arranged deck chairs on the Titanic!

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    London has always had knife crime as long as I can remember, but it's more to the forefront.
    Mum and Dad banned me from going to certain areas and they become permanently labelled as rough.
    It annoys me to that other parts of the country don't get the coverage of crime like London, but it doesn't mean the people are not aware of that. We all know or have relations scattered all over the country, so we are in touch despite lack of coverage.
    I bet it's the same anywhere. In my city we always had pubs you never went to without plenty of male friends (And no women) and knew some would be tooled up. You knew which pubs were frequented by the football firms. You knew which areas you would get your head kicked in at night.

Modern life. Or is it? Could there be an Anglo Saxon Terry moaning about which pubs you took your axe too? or maybe posh Terry and his rapier & pistols with scarlet slapping glove

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Mezz… You started this thread an aeon ago:
    So what do think now – have you had any of your questions answered; do you know any more than you did then?

And now MPs have had voting to decide whether they can vote on other things – this is absolute MADNESS! I’ve seen Marx Brothers films that made more sense.

We’re still waiting for our *Brexit Spring, Mrs May…. At this very moment it feels like we’re going into the **Sixth Winter!

* Well, if Prague and the Arabs were allowed one….
    **A new ice age, the opposite of global warming – oh, just Google it!
    You know the answer
    Ain't it the truth that truths been in short supply
    I have more facts but plenty of additional heresay and opinion

Here's a scenario. MP's get to vote on multiple options in singular votes (EFTA, CU, May’s Deal, No Deal, revoke A50, Remain in) to keep it binary... and they vote against all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    London has always had knife crime as long as I can remember, but it's more to the forefront.
    Mum and Dad banned me from going to certain areas and they become permanently labelled as rough.
    It annoys me to that other parts of the country don't get the coverage of crime like London, but it doesn't mean the people are not aware of that. We all know or have relations scattered all over the country, so we are in touch despite lack of coverage.
    Not to mention that London is also the epicentre of MI5 sponsored international terrorism. "Preachers" on the payroll of spooks are recruiting dupes and fanatics from prisons and "mosques" across London on an industrial scale. These useful idiots are then sent to destablise sovereign states and governments who don't toe the Globalist line.

The late Muammar Qaddafi who was murdered by these MI5 recruits said this in an interview:

I am actually puzzled. I mean, if America were serious about eliminating terrorism, the first capital it should rock with cruise missiles is London.

Interviewer: London!?

Qaddafi: London. It is the center of terrorism. It gives safehousing to the terrorists. I mean, as long as America does not bomb London, I think the U.S. is not serious, and is using a double standard. I mean, on the contrary, London is far more dangerous than Kabul. How could it rock Kabul with missiles and leave London untouched? (Al-Jazeera, Qatar-Tripoli, October 25, 2001)

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Not to mention that London is also the epicentre of MI5 sponsored international terrorism. "Preachers" on the payroll of spooks are recruiting dupes and fanatics from prisons and "mosques" across London on an industrial scale. These useful idiots are then sent to destablise sovereign states and governments who don't toe the Globalist line.

The late Muammar Qaddafi who was murdered by these MI5 recruits said this in an interview:

I am actually puzzled. I mean, if America were serious about eliminating terrorism, the first capital it should rock with cruise missiles is London.

Interviewer: London!?

Qaddafi: London. It is the center of terrorism. It gives safehousing to the terrorists. I mean, as long as America does not bomb London, I think the U.S. is not serious, and is using a double standard. I mean, on the contrary, London is far more dangerous than Kabul. How could it rock Kabul with missiles and leave London untouched? (Al-Jazeera, Qatar-Tripoli, October 25, 2001)

Does make me wonder how these so-called "terrorists"/"terror suspects" can float in and out the UK with such ease and almost military precision. Until, that is, they "commit" an act of "atrocity" or "terrorism". We then usually find out that they had links to MI5/6 and/or another intel agency...and were being "monitored".

Yep, makes little sense - even to blame it all on "incompetence"...

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 94 of 183 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread Information