Page 101 of 183 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1825

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I'm probably one of the few people that has not been hard on Mrs May. Quite the opposite. It seems she may have been set up to be the one in the stocks that you throw the fruit at. Ok, she didn't manage a great deal to present to Parliament, but tell me who else would have made any difference? Remember, she doesn't work solely on her own in decision making. The EU was going to screw us no matter who was negotiating a deal. Yes, the countries that smile sweetly as they add more chemicals to the tomatoes and turn a blind eye to their border.
    The UK is very valuable to the EU in finances and other issues. They won't let us go without a price whether that be in cost or suffering or both.
    Please don't shoot the messenger that Parliament set up to face the crisis in hand.
    I agree. But bringing the dead horse back for a FOURTH around of flogging? Really?

That baffles and annoys me too jojo.
    It's like saying to someone, "Do want this?" reply, "No". Sorry, just to be sure, "Do you want this?" Same people reply, "No". Short time lapses, "Do you want this?" Answer again, "No". Even shorter time lapses, "Do you want this?" again, "No". What next? I know, we'll wait another couple of weeks and ask the same questions again!

Maybe 'Brexit' should change it's name to 'Ariston?'.

I can hear what you are saying Pain, loud and clear.
    And the results in Parliament will be the same each and every time the same options are put to them, until there is a better deal, (that won't happen) or a complete reshuffle of Parliament members. Even then, it might not make any difference.
    In my opinion, and I will probably get slaughtered on here for saying this, but we need to break from the EU with a 'no deal'. That was the impression from most of the brexiteers anyway.
    Same as jojo has asked her fellow supporters, I have on my side too.
    It's a division that will unfortunately always be in any country. That's the reality and life!
    'You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can please some of the people some of the time '.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    But would that change what we see now? That Parliament were as much a mess as this one. Why place No Deal at May’s door? They've just stuck 8 options up and all were rejected. Some of those options were what the alternative lot have been saying we should do instead but when it came to the crunch they buggered it up as well. May isn't responsible for those failures. We have parallel universes where each one of those options is failing to pass as we trudge on to No Deal.
    Since the GE she held she has been a lame duck propped up by the DUP, she weakened her position when she didnt need to. She isnt responsible for the lack of a Yes for the different options agreed, but she has created the environment where there hasnt been a clear Deal that can be supported and she hasnt given herself a clean run at getting her Deal passed because of hubris on her part with the GE. Thats my point

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Brexit Day + 1How do you know she isn't already here among us...?But if she isn't, her username could be 'There's-a-time-to-pack-it-in'Blimey, it's staring us in the face - she is here! It's 'MyNameIsTerry'. You had us fooled all along! So, what are you going to do to get us out of this mess, eh?
    If all else fails I use my ninja smoke bomb necklace and disappear in a puff of smoke. You didn't think they were massive beads did you? But first I will sort out your bail after your night on top of St Pancras station "Free the Brexit one!"

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Brexit Day + 1

How do you know she isn't already here among us...?

But if she isn't, her username could be 'There's-a-time-to-pack-it-in'

Blimey, it's staring us in the face - she is here! It's 'MyNameIsTerry'. You had us fooled all along! So, what are you going to do to get us out of this mess, eh?
    Holy crappage and poo, Mr P!

I always did suspect Terry's head was painted on

Never Surrender, Comrade

So, Terry/Theresa..you've been sussed!!

7B455E42-78DE-49AF-9C7B-6CDD93A5608B.jpg A new avatar for you Terry-Theresa ?
    xx

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    7B455E42-78DE-49AF-9C7B-6CDD93A5608B.jpg A new avatar for you Terry-Theresa ?

xx

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 101 of 183 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast

Thread Information