Page 102 of 183 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1825

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Holy crappage and poo, Mr P!

I always did suspect Terry's head was painted on
    Nah, I just swap it like Worzil Gummidge!!!

That's why I have lots of hat boxes. Should give the plods a scare if they ever search the place

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    So, Terry/Theresa..you've been sussed!!
    That's me out of the closet then...or should that be cabinet? (you can all wish!!! )

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    Since the GE she held she has been a lame duck propped up by the DUP, she weakened her position when she didnt need to. She isnt responsible for the lack of a Yes for the different options agreed, but she has created the environment where there hasnt been a clear Deal that can be supported and she hasnt given herself a clean run at getting her Deal passed because of hubris on her part with the GE. Thats my point
    Yes, losing even more seats didn't help and it was a massive own goal.

However, with all the splits in her own party would she have got her deal past the post even then? There are a small number of Tories who vote against. She may just sneak it over with more seats. Cameron only had a majority of 12.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Attachment 4721
    A new avatar for you Terry-Theresa ?
    xx

Someone would probably raise a thread about being scared my avi, jojo!

Already read it Pain

I might be remembering wrong but hasn't King said similar in the past?

Was he on the referendum leaflet? I remember one of the Leave supports in that leaflet was a former head of MI6 which I found interesting since we were being told leaving would hamper security...and this guy would understand that a lot more than any politician.

As far as paintings go I'm probably more the opposite Dorian Gray!

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post

KK… Do you mean to say that wasn’t the original painting of Terry/Theresa? You can't believe anything these days!

It's OK - it's an original, after all. There are four 'Screams' by Munch, so I'd obviously not seen that version depicting Terry/Theresa (You were obviously very young then T-o-T - all four were painted around 1900!)
    The oil painting is indeed of TT-On-Trent but restoration work unfortunately left him with a rather odd head that didn't bear Munch likeness to the original. Some do say his new head is better looking though

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Good news travels fast - and it's worth repeating for the benefit of the nay-sayers

"No deal scare stories are absurd, let's just tell EU we're leaving", says ex-bank governor[Mervyn King]'

The problem is that the No Deal scenarios that people have been given are also supported by plenty of Economists. Its easy to find someone on either side to support No Deal or Deal needed. I have read around No Deal as much as I can and with as much sense as I can and in the short to medium term it will be a real shock to the economy, problem then is that whatever GDP hit and unemployment hit you take thats your new base position and it absolutely easily takes away any post Brexit premium that Leave went on and on about.

We need a Deal and we need the Government to get their heads out of the sand, go properly cross party and sort it out, soon.

I wonder how this whole circus will be taught in the history lessons of the future?

Page 102 of 183 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast

Thread Information