Page 103 of 183 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1825

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    I wonder how this whole circus will be taught in the history lessons of the future?
    Handed down in song and through obscure cave paintings. Well, they keep telling us we are about to end up like it was Mad Max.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    The problem is that the No Deal scenarios that people have been given are also supported by plenty of Economists. Its easy to find someone on either side to support No Deal or Deal needed. I have read around No Deal as much as I can and with as much sense as I can and in the short to medium term it will be a real shock to the economy, problem then is that whatever GDP hit and unemployment hit you take thats your new base position and it absolutely easily takes away any post Brexit premium that Leave went on and on about.

We need a Deal and we need the Government to get their heads out of the sand, go properly cross party and sort it out, soon.
    That won't happen, MP's love their jobs more than they do their country. That very fact is why we are where we are two years on with no solution in sight.

I'm fine with a deal but not lock ins. What tends to drive decisions is spending so I would think both main parties are wary of large increases to consumer goods as it is hitting voters direct. Those hit by decreasing public services are less of an issue than hitting all voters with increased taxation...as bad as that may sound.

But we need to remember we got to this level of cheapness and low pay for a reason. Those same people would happily scrap protections and make more profits...it's just business to them. That is the EU and those who want out, because rich people are just rich people.

There is going to be a hit either way, deal of no deal, it's a question of how big. Clubs like the EU exist to create imbalance in other areas by improving their lot. But what of austerity? It's still on us and other EU nations and showing no likelihood of improvement no matter what the numbers say?

Labour's plan is seen as a way to reduce this. Cool, put Labour in. Ah, but what of Corbyn & McDonald's wish to increase massive borrowing? Does that cancel it all out? So, can we afford to risk Labour either? I thought they were telling us Corbyn would destroy business too?
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 01-04-19 at 03:14.

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    The oil painting is indeed of TT-On-Trent but restoration work unfortunately left him with a rather odd head that didn't bear Munch likeness to the original. Some do say his new head is better looking though
    Yeah, someone decided to employ that woman who did the 19th century Fresco in Spain.

So, yeah now I look like Ed Sheeran!

April 1st
    Write own Headlines please !!

April 1st
    And as Boris walked out from the shower.
    It was all a nightmare ..... or was it.
    Maybe like Invasion of the Bodysnatchers the whole Tory cabinet are Alien pods ?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Oh dear... "Despues" looks like a cross between a Neanderthal and Miriam Margolyes (after being punched in gob)

Never Surrender, Comrade

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

April 1st
    WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Mezzaninedoor Posts Outside of Misc Forum!

(Don't be ridiculous! It's an April Fool's...)

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Mezzaninedoor Posts Outside of Misc Forum!

(Don't be ridiculous! It's an April Fool's...)

Thats really cool
    I dont actually post outside of Misc forum
    & there is a reason for that

When I have posted in multiple forums I have found that my head spins and I cant keep up with the NMP forum because there are so many categories, it basically doesnt help me, it fries my miniscule brain

Good spot, good satire !!! KK for the win !

If Labour is now backing Common Market 2.0 (which is better for us than what's been on the table before but still falls far short of the benefits of just remaining) does this kill a confirmatory referendum by implication?

Breaking News:
    Government reveals Brexit was an April Fool's prank all along
    "We never even sent the article 50 letter"

Not mine, but it made me laugh!

Page 103 of 183 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast

Thread Information