Page 11 of 183 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Hi Kimberly - No believe me as I said my comment wasn't a judgement call at all. Self preservation is a natural and necessary phenomenon of the human condition. It's understandable.

But I believe unfettered and unchecked immigration into any nation is extremely dangerous to the survival of that nation. That is simply a fact. It boggles my mind to think of everything the government doesn't tell us about what is actually going on with all the legal and illegal immigration. I suspect it is something very devious and sinister.

N.

Noivous - what I don't understand is that when you look at immigration, more immigrants are from non EU countries! So a larger majority of immigrants needed to get a visa from the government than move freely into the country from Europe. I don't know enough about this to comment but unless I'm missing something doesn't that mean that the UK are in control of letting in over half of the immigrants?

http://www.infowars.com/report-three...oint-in-idaho/

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/0...m-immigration/

But doesn't that mean that the UK is not controlling half the immigration into their own country? That is unsafe and unacceptable in my book. I've attached a couple of articles in regards to immigration in both our countries.

N.

Yeah that's true, but Ive read that even leaving the EU won't give total control over immigration in order to be part of the free trade area.. So we wouldn't really be any better off unless the UK cut itself off completely, I don't think?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-under-control

As with the refugees, I think even without being in the EU this won't change the amount that come to Britain. All the main party leaders have already decided that they will continue to take in just as many.

It's all a bit of a contradiction here at the moment, isn't it?! This is why it is so difficult to know who is telling the truth as well.. How are we to know who is lying!

Thank you for the article. Though I whole heartedly disagree with Mr. Sriskandarajah (that's a mouthful). I take some of his point. But he and his ilk are the reason for the problem in the first place. He admits that yet says it was the right decision. In other words he says he was wrong but right. That's spin. I want clarity.

N.

The issue over immigration that we can't change is to cover those fleeing from danger. We can't deport people to countries where they will persecuted. I agree with that but recently because of this we now have to spend money on MI5 monitoring terrorists who we can't deport due to this very reason. That is wrong but it's what we have to do because terrorists, well more their vile lawyers, are exploiting this policy for their own aims.

This has been said can't change because it's nothing to do with the EU. But one of the Leave backers is a former head of MI6 and states that we would be able to. I don't know what he means. Does he mean stopping then coming in? Well we surely don't have to take in terrorists now? So, does he mean we can challenge the need to retain them when they are committing acts against us?

I'm all for booting them back and I don't care about the persecution either, they earned that themselves through what they do - which they have tried to do to us. They don't care about hurting innocent people so why should people care about such a violent criminal being persecuted?

I don't think anyone can vote with confidence we don't know how it works on the inside unless we work in these circles.

Scotland has said it wants more people. Fine, let's move some and take the pressure off us but does Scotland want the benefits cases or just the hard working ones or those with money? We can't keep taking them forever unless we can get more money in to pay for it all and to support all the negatives it will bring.

I'm just not sure what the impact will be to jobs but trade will certainly continue. We would not be the first to leave the EU. It's also interesting that some of the world players in trade sit above the EU but we can't join those boards as EU membership precludes it.

I feel like this vote has been thrust upon me, and I have not a clue about what will happen to the financial state, what the sneaky eu bosses are up to, how it will affect the NHS or how it will affect us. I just haven't been alive long enough to have a clue and both sides just say each other are lying. I don't know what I'm going to vote, it could be completely random/gut feeling.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Quote Originally Posted by PanchoGoz View Post
    I feel like this vote has been thrust upon me, and I have not a clue about what will happen to the financial state, what the sneaky eu bosses are up to, how it will affect the NHS or how it will affect us. I just haven't been alive long enough to have a clue and both sides just say each other are lying. I don't know what I'm going to vote, it could be completely random/gut feeling.
    I'm with you there, Pancho. I'm 40 and I feel the same.

I've got both of you beat. But I don't get a vote.

But have you noticed that just about all the so called refugees coming from the middle east are young men? Wonder why?

---------- Post added at 00:28 ---------- Previous post was at 00:19 ----------

In the end it comes down to basics I think. To me it's kind of like nobody cares for ones child more than their mom and dad. The other nations in the EU don't care about the wellbeing of Britain as much as the British people do. The fate of their future should be fully in their own hands.

N.

I don't know but what about the camps? Aren't they more the women & children?

The young men may flee because they would get drafted. I can understand that as by drafted it can mean either side but today's conscription is not like years ago where war was seen more romantically. People now understand the horrors more before they get there and in countries that are constantly at, they've probably seen enough to be on this forum with PTSD and other anxiety/panic issues.

I guess to understand that issue is to know what the UN and the charities are seeing?

Page 11 of 183 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread Information