Page 119 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1825

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

^

But will the new candidate turn up to more meetings than Nige could be ar5ed too?

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Nigel ‘I-am-Brexit’ Farage in Nottingham:

I’ve spent twenty years in the European Parliament and I think I’ve enjoyed it more than them.”

Does he mean they, the EU assembly, didn’t enjoy his loud-mouthed, muck-raking, mud-slinging, insulting behaviour? What a bunch of miseries, eh? We’re better off without them!
    A festive reference that applies to our Nige...

When Brexit finishes we should take a leaf out of the Python's book...

There should be no shortage of MP's for this reel

Brexit Day + 23

Mezz, where was this from? It's very cleverly put together

Mister Brexit can only 'lose' (lose what, precisely - the stake he bet on himself?) if he puts his foot in his incredibly big mouth. Otherwise, with the rest of England and Wales (not Scotland, NI or the newly-proclaimed country of London) split about 60/40 leave/remain, he's a dead cert. I think the main parties - otherwise known collectively as 'the contemptuous' - deserve all the aggro they get from No-More-Nice-Nigel.
    It was on a Reddit politics forum I think, posted by a Swiss chap called Karl
    I cant find it again now, he did this really well

Lord Adonis being the "right kind" of :abour for The Guardian? Not a Corbynite

Remain and make it change Since we threw our dummy out and decided to leave the EU has banded together to solidify it's direction of travel. It has dissenting countries but they are not willing to stick their necks out like we have...because they are riding hand outs for their countries.

If I were on the other side, and we remained, every time we brought all this "change" up I would point out it's not what the majority want, indeed the big players, and if we don't like it we can always...But they know if we remain we will never have the balls to try it again. I would be looking at all our opt outs knowing how we are too afraid to leave. I would seek to lessen our influence and I strongly suspect the likes of German, France and Spain (still after The Rock) will indeed do this kowing we haven't got the courage of our convictions.

More BS about the EU elections being a second ref nonsense, no doubt.

I think the EU elections are a complete red herring. They may be seen as a litmus test of where we are with Brexit but the problem is that’s not how grass roots Labour & Tory canvassers see them. They see them as an embarrassment that we are even having them & hence Farage will charge in on his white steed with a landslide possibly as he cares about getting his 2nd earthquake underway.

Theresa May & her Cabinet should hang their heads in shame , she needs a Deal and quickly, she needs to move in her red lines or we will crash out at Halloween having got no further forward.

Stirred

The real solution is often the most obvious...

"Is there nothing to be said for holding another Mass?"

It's all so applicable to Brexit!

"Ah, father Corbyn he gives good referendum"

And the
    “That’s the great thing about Catholicism. It’s so vague and no one really knows what it’s about.”

Brexit Day + 26

Lots of litter floating in the Sea of Brexit at the moment.

Ann Widdecombe crosses over from Conservative to Brexit Party. George ‘Belted’ Galloway says he has “no choice” but to support the Brexit Party. Wow! Nigel ‘Next-Question’ Farage is certainly attracting the weird, weirder and most weird…. Hmmm…. Perhaps I should join him

The disgraceful Soubry opens her mouth and yet more gems sparkle forth:

It’s undemocratic, it’s plain wrong to deny the people of this country...” says she in support of a Bref2 and:

“….the polls show that people are changing their minds about Brexit.” and:

That is why there is this growing majority in our country who now believe that we should remain in the EU.

Well, she’d know all about ‘un-democracy’, with her dismissal of The Referendum result; and those “polls” must be ‘opinion polls’, which as we all know are far more evidential of the truth than any ‘real’ vote (eh!); and ordinary folks couldn’t get away with making this stuff up… but she thinks she can. Does she understand the difference between ‘majority’ and a hole in the ground?

Then Change (aka The Independent Group) her new, unelected party is accused of splitting the remainers because, it now turns out, there are differences of opinion among remainers’ beliefs in their high-church, the EU. (Would these be the same sort of ‘ecumenical matters’ which have bitterly divided Protestant and Catholic 'Christians' for centuries?)

I haven’t taken very much notice of the ongoing London-centric protesting (protesting isn’t what it used to be – sometimes-armed protesters facing sometimes-armed police on horseback, all covered in mud and blood – savage anger all sides), but it raises several questions: What’s the politics behind this? (there’s always ‘politics’, even when the protagonists say there isn’t). Is it all anti-capitalism "….a small number of people could make unimaginable amounts of money…."? Would ‘Extinction Rebels’ be remainers – ‘Nouveau Cosmopolitans’ or ‘Intelligentsia Redux’?.... Only asking!
    So, now we have Mr Cat and the dancing queen.

I tend to switch off when Soubry starts talking as she's just a slippery eel of a character. Democracy when it suits, quite typical of politicians. We all know it's only because it's what she wants otherwise she would be jeering away from her bench.

How can you have a XR Remainer? The EU being neo-liberal globalist? Make it cheap and export it millions of miles away. Ship labour around rather than restrict it. The EU may have carbon reduction plans but big business is one of the problems to tackle when it comes to excess carbon isn't it? And what of all those trips rather than using video conferencing or that old invention, the telephone? In these days of technology there must be better ways than travelling? I bet business wastes a ton here, I've worked about companies where meetings between several offices were conducted religiously even if you sit there with nothing to say.

Time to scan the politicians and upload them. A digital Farage.

XR will only damage their cause with many. You can demonstrate without vandalism. When you do that you end up being judged with the anti capitalist mob.

Page 119 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast

Thread Information