Page 12 of 183 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

It looks like the Government are panicking.

They have now drawn in 'David Beckham' to endorse that he is voting out.

All I can say is that everyone I have spoken to in my town are voting out and I haven't actually met anyone who is voting in.

Personally I think we would have a better future if we did vote 'In'.

I can understand people's fears, especially people that have not lived through times pre 'The Euro'. My Dad said we should never have gone in and he waited for the day we came out. Unfortunately he passed before he had a chance to experience this vote.

This is how I see it for the people that are worried about our economy, not just immigration; although that does seem to be the main factor is this decision.

We bought food from all over the world before the Euro, we travelled all over the world before the Euro, we did business all over the world before the Euro, we had more British Companies before the Euro, we had more space, jobs and the NHS was not bursting it's seams. We eat food that was not covered in chemicals, because it was our own. The chemicals that could be responsible for so many diseases we suffer from today. We had Greengrocers, Butchers, Bakers, Cake shops. What do we have now?
    Government led Supermarkets with 'own brand' products. Eventually, it will all be 'own brand'. Who knows where that has come from???

We also have to bear in mind the seriousness of immigration and as we know, not all of the other European Countries take their fair share and we also know that eventually all of the settlers in those Countries actually want their destination to be England!

My mum lives in a town which is rife with Muslims. There are no English shops anymore and they are mostly young men; no women or children. They hang around in the streets all day and night and if you see what I see, you would be frightened of the prospect of that breeding. Her town also has the highest rate of TB. The streets are covered in litter, over flowing bins, sofas and fridges dumped in the front gardens, unexplained people living in sheds and garages..............

I think we need to take back control of OUR Country, if we don't do it now, it will be impossible to do it in the future.

When other point, we never voted to go in to a European Union, we signed up to a European Trade Market!!!!

I know it's bad but I haven't paid any attention to the EU referendum spiel. I don't even know whether I'm going to vote or whether I'll have the opportunity. Fortunately there are plenty of others who have an opinion and good on them. Whatever happens we'll still be whingeing and complaining as usual..

Wow...now there's honesty for you. That's how we need our politicians!

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Wow...now there's honesty for you. That's how we need our politicians!
    I've absolutely no interest in politics so out myself as a True Philistine! I'll let the politicians fight it out amongst themselves whilst I get on with getting through each day.

You're like Dr Zhivago. No matter who was in power, the Imperialists or the Bolsheviks Yuri just tried to live his life...you know...just trying to be a good lover and a good doctor.

N.

I think that's a good policy to have! Not that I have those "skillz" that is! All politicians are the same the end of the day-interested in the sound of their own voices and promising the world...Neither of which interest me

Drum roll please...it's the big day!!!

---------- Post added at 05:35 ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I've absolutely no interest in politics so out myself as a True Philistine! I'll let the politicians fight it out amongst themselves whilst I get on with getting through each day.
    I often follow some things but it's more to have a laugh at how stupid they all are, and hypocritical.

Years ago I decided that my voting strategy was to vote for who I think will do the least damage because I have little faith in any of them to improve it.

Well it keeps hovering but it's set for Leave right now. It went up to 52% by 4:30am but it's just dipped back to 51.8%. It was on round 51.5% around 4am I think.

The BBC is predicting a leave win. The traders saw a drop in the pound expecting a leave win. The south has voted for a leave by the looks of it and I would have thought they were more likely the remain bunch. The further north, the more working class & less rich, and these regions are very sick of immigration and silly EU policies coming in.

I voted Leave in the end. I was a Remain voter most of the way. What swung it for me is the fact the EU just don't seem interesting in retaining us. Sanctions could easily be placed on immigration allowing us to take less because of the lure of our benefits system. If the EU won't help us, we cant keep taking the crap for them.

My mum & dad voted Leave too. They have said that whilst shopping today, everyone was saying they were voting out. I spoke to someone in Tesco earlier and he said of their employees via a poll, around 80% were voting out. That's a few hundred thousand people according to him on the workforce. I wonder how many were in that poll?

---------- Post added at 05:43 ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 ----------

Wales voted out (52.5% to 47.5%). Scotland voted highly for a stay (62% to 38%). Northern Ireland voted stay (56% to 44%).

I can't understand this with Scotland at all. We keep hearing how the SNP & Greens want away from us because we are having too much of a say in Scottish politics yet they want to stay in the EU when one of the big arguments to come out is the EU having too much of a say. That seems quite hypocritical to me!

---------- Post added at 06:01 ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 ----------

Some world reaction:

Geert Wilders, Dutch Freedom Party leader

"Hurrah for the British! Now it is our turn. Time for a Dutch referendum!"

German Vice-Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel

"Damn! A bad day for Europe."

Anton Boerner, head of Germany's foreign trade association

"That is a catastrophic result for Britain and also for Europe and Germany, especially the German economy. It is disturbing that the oldest democracy in the world turns its back on us."

Gerard Araud, French ambassador to Washington

"Now to the other Members states to save the EU from unravelling which excludes business as usual, especially in Brussels. Reform or die!"

---------- Post added at 06:04 ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 ----------

8 results left to count but the vote is over - we have left the EU!!!

So, it's a big then.

---------- Post added at 07:16 ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 ----------

Final result:

Leave
    Vote share
    51.9%

Votes 17,410,742 Votes

Remain
    Vote share
    48.1%

Votes 16,141,241 Votes

The UK is now leaving.

Watch out US voters, Trump is next.

I think it was 72% that voted. This is high compared to general and local elections but I'm surprised it wasn't higher. Voting in the general or locals is often a case of your vote not really counting when it's either Labour or Tory since these parties are largely the same, it's all oinkers in the trough together. With the EU vote, we actually did have a say in the future of the country.

---------- Post added at 07:57 ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 ----------

If you want to look at the results in more detail, and see the main swings, this is a good site:

https://ig.ft.com/sites/elections/20...eu-referendum/

All 4 wards around me left with mine being the largest in favour of out. My region had the largest swing towards leave too. This doesn't surprise me as it's heavily working class and we have a large number of Asian and black communities in this region. I know from talking to many an Asian taxi driver over the years that they dislike immigrants from Europe in their areas as their crime rates have gone up.

Wow! We are experiencing a major change in our lives now.

Most people I know voted to leave including our household.

---------- Post added at 08:25 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

Great info Terry

Cameron has resigned!

Page 12 of 183 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread Information