Page 15 of 183 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

I just dread to think who will be the next Prime Minister!

Let me ask...do you think this was a referendum on immigration?
    Noivous, I think that is what swung it in the end.

[QUOTE]So Scotland wants out of the UK and they want in to the EU?[/QUOTiE]

Noivous, it seems that Scotland want out of the UK since the EU exit, but there may be an argument that they wanted out before, but it didn't happen.

We were out today and even the English are falling out over this result.
    There was one man sitting in a corner of a café who normally chats and he aggressively said that he did not want to talk to anyone because of coming out of the EU. The waitress said that he had lost a lot of money??? Was that on a bet???

Haha...is his name George Soros?

It must have been on a bet. It wouldn't be the first time Soros bet against the British people. Only this time he lost.

me too !!

Doesn't politics bring out the nasty side in people though? Toys out of the pram, gloating etc Both sides as bad as each other...

I'm sure a lot of us on here have far more profound problems to confront on a daily basis than Brexit? As do a lot of people fighting awful illnesses, challenging life circumstances etc. It's not as if War has been declared. There needs to be some perspective now.

I was an "unsure" this time yesterday and I last minute felt a swing towards "in" when confronted with the poll slip and now I feel sure of my choice as all my good friends voted the same and we all feel the same abject terror now. I don't want to make inflammatory comments but it seems like all these promises were made and now the politicians are saying that they were wrong, it was a mistake, there's no money for the NHS after all - AS SOON as the votes are in, not even with a few days calculations. Isn't that just lying?
    I feel excitement and fear for the future, although in a few days I expect the buzz will die down, the politicians will get to work renegotiating and we'll forget all about it.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

People are claiming that Nigel Farage has "gone back" on his promise of giving the £350m we send to the EU every week to the NHS instead. Nothing like that was ever promised.The Vote Leave campaign stated that we send £350m to the EU every week - money that would be better spent on funding things like the NHS - nobody promised to hand over £350m to the NHS at all.

The other fact is that the UKIP campaign was completely separate from the Vote Leave campaign. They weren't even allowed to work together at an official level. So Farage did not make this claim. Vote Leave did. It was always left as an option for where to put the money.

This is why I hate politics, people become so nasty, greedy and lose all empathy for other people! I try to stay out of it as much unless something important comes up, like now.

Politics will never be fair, people will always lie, and people will always be disappointed.. It's a fact of life living in a democracy! Imagine if we lived in a communist or fascist country and didn't even get given the opportunity to decide for ourselves, and risk our lives for speaking out.

But Scotland's future is now looking very different to what it was even a few days ago.. Ever since the independence referendum Scottish politics has become quite active. Either way they won't stay quiet and let this go in a hurry!

What £350m? Wasn't it £150m after the rebate we get?

This is one of the annoyances of politics. You can lie & mislead and it's accepted practice. Drive around in a bus that says EDF will save you £350 a year that turns out to be £150 and you get in trouble.

Lies were on both sides. It will be interesting to see how the pound goes in the coming weeks. I don't believe all those rich investors will just accept anything and that the market will recover.

I agree with pulisa, I think it's good to talk about this but in my life this is a small issue compared to fighting through the daily issues of anxiety.

Pancho, you aren't saying anything inflammatory at all.

I agree Terry. Compared to mental health struggles it is a minor issue in our lives.
    However it is also OK to have an opinion, and be able to share it. I find it interesting to read other people's views on this.

Page 15 of 183 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread Information