Page 164 of 183 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1825

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Mob orator lol

I was stationed with a Brit unit for 3 months so know how yous guys think.

Why so few black soldiers? I don't need to answer that one. Now an EU army - that would kick ass if they could organize one.
    Then yous wouldn't have to be our supreme commander s lapdog toadies. Yous guys could contribute much to an EU army your guys are very well trained that's what yous should be doing stop them russkies.

It always fassinated me when your guys talked about WW2 as if there was any similarity with fighting insurgency guerillas. Battle of Britain lol. You only won coz you had home advantage. German planes couldn't stay airborne long enough cozza need to refuel. Your guys could land and take off again.

And how come you never stopped the Holocaust? For same reason in reverse. That's if you had really wanted to.

Wars suck a rat's.I hate to see you guys left so exposed now and don't count on us yanks to bail you out.

Rule Britainia lol
    Go on grab an oil tanker

Nobody with a brain is gonna read them links to fake news sponsored by billionaire BoJo donors who don't got no link to your country

Just found out that the same jerk who owns Fox TV owns mosta your newspapers. Now I understand why you guys voted Brexit. And he ain't even a Brit!

My Effexor comes in a packet with Spanish on it. I used to think that was cozza all the Hispanic folk we got here. Then I saw it had come from Mexico.

50 bucks and a nut says you get a lotta your meds from other EU countries where it cost less. Now what's gonna go down? If you gotta buy from Mexico that's a lotta transport cost. Time for all you guys to try to get buy without meds

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    As a yank your Brexit gig won't effect me. But I do care about my black brothers, other minorities and LGBT who will suffer more oppression because of it because of racism and reduced opportunities all because of your private school elitists and their power to stir up empire craving. Eve your business leaders doesn't want out yous only gotta look at who wants out and that tells you it's a irreversible mistake good luck
    Here's some stats from the EU about hate crime.

https://fra.europa.eu/sites/default/...-the-eu_en.pdf

Page 17 shows a quick glance. The UK is well below the average with France and Germany above us. We were second lowest with Malta the lowest but they seem to have a low black population anyway,

Here's the graphic:

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world...led/ar-BBQe1SU

BBQdS7Z.jpg

Here's one a little older (2012) to cover LGBT+.

https://fra.europa.eu/en/publication...y-bisexual-and

survey-fundamental-rights-lesbian-gay-bisexual-and.png

Again, the UK are below the average. Many EU countries are far higher.

These are all in the EU. So, if they need to regulate us to stop hatred they need to focus more on some of the other countries first, all of whom are represented and how many sit on the Commission and many other bodies of the EU? Worse performing countries are unlikely to show us the way forward.

We have a strong movement for rights. And the elites dislike the working class anyway so they have the Labour movement to contend with if they want to take them away. But as ever, which elites? They aren't just on the far right as the press are saying about those behind Brexit, there are plenty of elites who occupy the Remain ground too hence so many fighting to stop their gravy train ending whilst they reap the profits of capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Terry… You’re talking about the crux of the EU ‘problem’ here. As you rightly say, a third party, ‘off-the-peg’ customs union, as carefully put together by the EU Commission’s extensive legal department and chosen for us by the EU, would allow us no say in any part of the way it would be implemented – only the EU wins in this imposition. A free trade agreement, which would be drawn up equally between the UK and the EU, would be done so for mutual benefit – both sides win in this arrangement. But the first option is the
    only
    option open to the EU, because the second means a certain amount of deregulation. Now, even a cursory glance at how the EU has shored up its protectionist idealism with binding treaty after binding treaty must tell you something about what the EU thinks of deregulation – it is an anathema to them. Surely this is the fundamental failing of the EU;
    the
    failing that means whatever rules and regulations the EU bureaucratically and undemocratically imposes upon the member states become instantly non-negotiable…? Isn’t this why leavers voted to abandon the EU’s straightjacket for a freer, more democratic approach to the modern world?

Terry… Do you remember, ages ago we discussed the possibility that there might be a number of solutions to the Brexit Border/Backstop question? I think this is still the case and the UK, EU and RoI are very much aware of all those possibilities. However, the EU and RoI did not want to admit to knowing of these solutions because that would have undermined their fight for no real Brexit under any circumstances. It’s a reverse case of the Emperor’s new clothes: the Emperor has a whole wardrobe of finery, but everybody’s pretending they can’t see or acknowledge his new togs – not ‘can’t’ but ‘won’t’…!

Hasn’t Corbyn’s(?) McGuffin finally materialised out of the mists of obfuscation as a second referendum; but not as we know it? And just like Hitchcock’s MacGuffin, most of the population just lost any lingering curiosity on hearing this not-so-startling revelation (despite the mischief-makers spreading their word that the UK has ‘changed its mind’).
    Yes, I agree. There are two main issues in play here; the GFA and the Single Market. I have never had any doubt that if it really came to it the GFA would be pushed aside in favour the greater EU project. Don't they always say nothing must get in it's way? If we got to a situation where only ROI held up a deal and No Deal meant a massive loss to a lot of EU countries then would they all tell their own people to put up with more austerity, lose their jobs and get poorer just because of a country that could be remote to many of them? How many will stand for the GFA when they are threatened with poverty? I don't believe it would happen and I always believed the EU would throw money at ROI and push on with the greater EU project.

I would like to know what why we can't shore up what is missed for the border in the WA when it comes to a trade agreement. Signing a CU could do it but can't a FTA? The main difference between the two is the CU ensures tariffs are treated the same to external countries whereas a FTA retains the ability to levy per WTO or other trade agreements.

ROI want a cast iron guarantee. I can understand why and it makes sense to mitigate problems. However, this should not mean a lock in for life either and if the GFA had a UK backstop in it that prevented Irish reunification on similar groups you can guarantee they would refuse to sign it.

The EU refused a time limited backstop. Obviously it's a legitimate concern that politicians will string things out and cause it to expire but why not change it to a conditional backstop whereby it is removed by a satisfactory FTA? Even if we re-joined the EUCU in the trade agreement stage the backstop remains active for the simple reason we could leave the EUCU later. So, why not sign a FTA that includes a clause to reintroduce the backstop should we leave? That might be a compromise as the future might change in terms of border controls.

But the EU just won't do it as it's about control. CU's mean they get to set the rules you abide by and the ECJ becomes the decider in legal matters. At least May avoided the ECJ holding sole control with her WA, despite the EU wanting it to be there to review their law forgetting it was a bilateral agreement, with the introduction of our side having a vote with the ECJ and another independent party to resolve trade disputes.

Corbyn has been dragged kicking & screaming into a 2nd referendum because the party wants it. He wants a GE. And now comes all the BS about it being a fair vote whilst politicians attempt to rig the options for us. How about Revoke or Remain?
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 12-10-19 at 03:14.

So, in a matter of days we've gone from "we are nowhere near any deal and the UK has not provided any real plan" to a deal both the UK & ROI are happy with?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartanntp

One area that will go down like a lead balloon in the UK is the rebate against tariffs. The UK will have to compensate NI with cash they pass onto businesses where the UK import tariffs are lower than the EU if I'm reading this right?

I'm not sure the EU will like that either because won't that mean NI could shift to buying through the UK and to get the rebate at the cost of products they would normally buy from the EU?

The other issue for the EU is the Stormont "lock". The EU said no chance to that. Now we will get to see whether that was posturing or ROI has some friends they can get onside.

And now we get this...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartanntp

A few days again we were nowhere near "the tunnel". Now things have progressed so far, despite a lack of any oversight by either Parliament, that Barnier has green lighted it with the full support of the other 27 countries.

So, it's deal here we come. But then we have the matter if our own Parliament...

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    Just found out that the same jerk who owns Fox TV owns mosta your newspapers. Now I understand why you guys voted Brexit. And he ain't even a Brit!My Effexor comes in a packet with Spanish on it. I used to think that was cozza all the Hispanic folk we got here. Then I saw it had come from Mexico.50 bucks and a nut says you get a lotta your meds from other EU countries where it cost less. Now what's gonna go down? If you gotta buy from Mexico that's a lotta transport cost. Time for all you guys to try to get buy without meds
    We've got a shortage of importation of sperm from the rest of the EU being reported. No shortage of w@nkers in the UK though...maybe BoJo will lend a hand?

I don't dispute them figures. I just saying it will get worse if your nationalists get their way

Hate crimes are bad wherever they are whether it color, LGBT or gypsies.

Your elite is more elite than other countries cozza your caste system and private schools.

Yous twisting the argument to suit your agenda my man.

You can't regulate racism when it is engrained in folk likes in China and India

Page 164 of 183 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast

Thread Information