Page 169 of 183 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1825

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Hi, not been here for a while, mainly because I felt myself repeating the same stuff to the same situation.
    The word on the streets as present, well, there isn't anymore, people are just getting on with their lives with an occasional comment like......
    "It's an embarrassment", "What a sham Parliament is", "We are the laughing stock of the world", "How will they cope with a real crisis?"
    And now with this General Election on the cards, can people be bothered to vote at all?
    I find it too painful to watch or listen to any member of Parliament and with Guy Fawkes approaching, they are seriously open to a re-enactment.
    And the more serious issues of the country like the homeless, the sick and the elderly are forgotten.
    Here I go again going over old ground and for nearly 4 years!
    I don't blame you, Carnation. The only thing to change has been Boris' new deal. The rest has been an endless white noise dirge of squabbles and deckchairs being arranged on the Titanic. Can you imagine working in any company where they allowed all this nonsense?

This GE will be all about Brexit. The trade agreements stage will be more in the background and I wish we could get onto this to get back into the important issues you have raised. Brexit is very handy for our politicians as they hide behind it while everything else stagnates. I would have preferred to get past this first stage and have a GE that takes us back to the rest of the issues so we have less need for tactical voting and all the dirty deals all parties will now be doing behind the scenes to preserve their jobs and retain their seats. There are policies across multiple parties I could agree with but then we have the spectre of cancelling Brexit due to a Remain heavy Parliament.

Terry, will there be anyone left in Parliament by then?

It's all too appropriate that the results will have been announced by Friday the 13th. That's already a bad sign.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    It's all too appropriate that the results will have been announced by Friday the 13th. That's already a bad sign.
    Will the speaker be wearing a hockey mask?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Terry, will there be anyone left in Parliament by then?
    Yep, aren't they just dropping like flies. Heidi Allen has jumped from party to party and now given up. She gets lots of abuse but then she is likely to get booted out so it seems all very convenient to me. Amber Rudd won't re-run but one of the Lords let it slip she asked for the whip back and they refused hence she is jumping before pushed as she is in a marginal even as a Tory.

Lots seem to be leaving though. I guess we will see what the new intake is like. I bet they are very carefully selected to be on message with the leadership

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, Gina Miller's tactical voting website is giving some duff advcie out to ebenfit the Lib Dems at the cost of Labour who would more likely win the seat. Looks all very dodgy

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartanntp

I had to do a search for the Miller woman - jeez what a scary looking critter I'll get nitemares tonite. Isn't Rodean one of them elite private schools? Once elite always elite. Bet she don't visit food banks

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Will the speaker be wearing a hockey mask?
    Hi Terry. I had a good chuckle today,watched some footage on the outgoing Speaker,a real character.Ordaaaaa.

Pompous twit Quinn

Is he!,ours is as boring as bat shite.

Page 169 of 183 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast

Thread Information