Page 172 of 183 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1825

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Yes, I guess that throw away line was a bit vague, Hollow (aka Empty).

Ok, certainly you can see the economic boon in opening up markets to 350 million Americans for British made goods. And a strong US/UK trade agreement would apply even more pressure to the Chi-coms to actually start to get in line in regard to humanitarian and environmental issues... which currently is non-existent on both fronts.

Right now the US is the number one producer of oil in the world. We currently pay about $2.30 per gallon for petrol. What are you paying? I got to think it's a bit higher than that. What would cutting your fuel costs by 35% mean to your economy? Rhetorical question.

Military the US is still number one. A tighter bond with the UK would make it even stronger as I believe the British would beef up their own forces. The EU has no military basically.

At this time the Russians don't pose much of a threat to the US. They have literally nothing to offer the world. Putin has been neutered and is just trying to stay relevant.

N.

Britain lost the empire the last time it allied itself with the US. This time it's going to become a third world puppet state. As far as stopping China, you're about 30 years too late.

Militarily, the US has lost it's edge both in terms of manpower and technology. Political correctness has turned the US army into a laughing stock. US soldiers are being sent around the world in exchange for money, like prostitutes.

Russia is the most important player right now in global geo-politics. Putin is calling the shots on the world stage. He threw down the gauntlet in Syria and stopped the US from raping yet another country.

Last edited by Hollow; 05-11-19 at 21:26.

Yeah...right... The Brits should have allied with Hitler... Good luck with that one... I got to get back to Earth now.

Hollow you really have to stop watching ABC News.😂😂😂

https://www.messenger-inquirer.com/n...90f5337b3.html

Hey Noivy aka wreck

Yous got the channel wrong try Al Jazeera

No Putin ain't newtered he's a mischeevos son of a bitch but kinda punchin above his weight. I'm guessing that the EU let in failed gypsy killer states like Vulgaria and Rumania and Hungry to stop them going back to the ruskees. As Terry say their oligarchs just plunder EU funds, EU need sorting too.

I guess your a Trumpy kinda guy. What do yous say to Hillary having another go? That's what their saying here. I'd never vote for either she's even worse than the Brits Swindon woman delusional disorder

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    I saw a foto of that Swinson woman, jeez she only just less awful than Miller. I gotta be careful how I say this but she manage to obscure her rough face with a lot up front. Is that deliberate to get pervy ole guys to vote for her?
    She's a bit of a hissy fit type. Currently claiming sexism because she hasn't been invited to a TV debate where the two major players are facing off.

I wouldn't be surprised if she gets replaced after the GE to be honest. She may lose her seat anyway, as she has before, as she's getting a lot of stick about her current tactics.

Pervy old guys? I think we call them the House of Lords

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Right now the US is the number one producer of oil in the world. We currently pay about $2.30 per gallon for petrol. What are you paying? I got to think it's a bit higher than that. What would cutting your fuel costs by 35% mean to your economy? Rhetorical question.
    Somewhere between 125.6p-128.4p (supermarkets average 124.0p) per litre, N. Or 1.62-1.65 in your money. So, $7.271-$7.5075.

Bare in mind 57.95p of that is in fuel duty tax plus 20-25p in VAT. It's heavily taxed.

What do you make of Trump's demands for higher priced drug exports? The prices we've seen quoted would sink the NHS overnight so it playing well in the GE campaign, although it is being erroneously claimed as privatisation (drugs are already privatised).

I have to say this is just BS:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartanntp

There is no chance of reaching a comprehensive FTA with this level of complexity with a matter of months. It's going to take years.

I do agree that there should be an amendment to this date regardless because it was set on the basis we have already left ages ago. Just shunt it forward to give the same timeframe and see where we go. Otherwise it becomes a crash out possibility again.

I would be surprised if the EU didn't say the same anyway as they have probably been waiting for us to finally bugger off out before revisiting the date.

Something Tony was concerned about before the referendum was TTIP, the EU-US trade deal, and it's impact on the NHS:

https://fullfact.org/europe/does-tti...atisation-nhs/

The EU are still in talks over this but we now have a new question - we will be on the outside under a Corbyn CU and not an EU member state. The wording is all about EU states having exemptions. Do we think we will have one? If we sign up to a CU we will have access to EU trade deals and TTIP, if ratified, would be one of them.

Consider the issue Turkey have raised. They are in a separate CU with the EU. However, that CU is attached to the EUCU in order to gain it's access. One drawback Turkey have raised is third party FTA's with the EU that allow Single Market access are one way - they can access further on into the Turkish market but Turkey can't benefit from the FTA access because they are in a satellite CU.

Where will we be? And will the EU care about preserving the NHS? Why would they after we have left? Imagine they do try to care and then Trump says the NHS issue is the one that scraps the entire agreement. Do we think the EU will sacrifice all that trade for a country that has left?

Now note the explanation doc Fullfact provided from the EU:

http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/doc...doc_153614.pdf

public utilities at a national or local level may be subject to public monopolies or to exclusive rights granted to private operators.

EU governments are free to decide what they consider to be public 'utilities' or services.

If they wish, EU governments can organise these services so that just one supplier provides the service – what economists call a 'monopoly'.

This single provider can be:  publicly owned ('public monopoly')  a private firm which has the right to offer a particular service ('exclusive rights').

Quite legal in that for one big private firm to run the NHS. It is down to the EU to decide and all part of their courts.

So, how would we prevent this in our laws when trade law within EU FTAs would be the jurisdiction of the ECJ?

Corbyn mentioned having a opt out which may mitigate this but it's all hidden information to us. What guarantee, in writing, do we have from the EU that they are willing to provide a CU with such an opt out, one that is not in existence in any of their CU's as it's within the voting rights of EU states which we would not longer have a seat at? Sadly, all this has been forgotten because the focus is on the Brexit deal rather than scrutinising the alternatives which are just been sold as soft options.

Corbyn has said he could easily get his deal because the EU have already agreed to it. I've only seen Labour and our media talking about this deal and I can't remember seeing EU reps saying anything other than they would consider it.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 06-11-19 at 04:45.

Don't you Brits got thousands of folk living in other country? They got thousands here

Page 172 of 183 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast

Thread Information