Page 173 of 183 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1825

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Something Tony was concerned about before the referendum was TTIP, the EU-US trade deal, and it's impact on the NHS:

https://fullfact.org/europe/does-tti...atisation-nhs/

The EU are still in talks over this but we now have a new question - we will be on the outside under a Corbyn CU and not an EU member state. The wording is all about EU states having exemptions. Do we think we will have one? If we sign up to a CU we will have access to EU trade deals and TTIP, if ratified, would be one of them.

Consider the issue Turkey have raised. They are in a separate CU with the EU. However, that CU is attached to the EUCU in order to gain it's access. One drawback Turkey have raised is third party FTA's with the EU that allow Single Market access are one way - they can access further on into the Turkish market but Turkey can't benefit from the FTA access because they are in a satellite CU.

Where will we be? And will the EU care about preserving the NHS? Why would they after we have left? Imagine they do try to care and then Trump says the NHS issue is the one that scraps the entire agreement. Do we think the EU will sacrifice all that trade for a country that has left?

Now note the explanation doc Fullfact provided from the EU:

http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/doc...doc_153614.pdf

Quite legal in that for one big private firm to run the NHS. It is down to the EU to decide and all part of their courts.

So, how would we prevent this in our laws when trade law within EU FTAs would be the jurisdiction of the ECJ?

Corbyn mentioned having a opt out which may mitigate this but it's all hidden information to us. What guarantee, in writing, do we have from the EU that they are willing to provide a CU with such an opt out, one that is not in existence in any of their CU's as it's within the voting rights of EU states which we would not longer have a seat at? Sadly, all this has been forgotten because the focus is on the Brexit deal rather than scrutinising the alternatives which are just been sold as soft options.

Corbyn has said he could easily get his deal because the EU have already agreed to it. I've only seen Labour and our media talking about this deal and I can't remember seeing EU reps saying anything other than they would consider it.
    I'm still concerned about TTIP
    I think you have summed up the notes on it so far Terry

Regards the election as I'm undecided I have currently donated to Full Fact because I hate fake news for this upcoming election as I did in 2017
    I'm hoping that they will hold MP's and prospective MP's to account

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Hollow you really have to stop watching ABC News.😂😂😂

https://www.messenger-inquirer.com/n...90f5337b3.html

ABC News boss James Goldston joined Trump at royal dinner

https://pagesix.com/2019/06/04/abc-n...-royal-dinner/

ABC News boss James Goldston was at President Trump’s table at a glitzy dinner Tuesday night in London to honor Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, Page Six has learned.

Goldston was seated next to Sarah Huckabee Sanders at Trump’s table.

I hope you're not buying into this whole Trump hates media crap. It's all a reality show and behind the scenes they're all in it together. It's safe to assume that everything you see on the "news" is fake. Remember, Trump said the Al Baghdadi raid was "like watching a movie"

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    Hey Noivy aka wreck

Yous got the channel wrong try Al Jazeera

No Putin ain't newtered he's a mischeevos son of a bitch but kinda punchin above his weight. I'm guessing that the EU let in failed gypsy killer states like Vulgaria and Rumania and Hungry to stop them going back to the ruskees. As Terry say their oligarchs just plunder EU funds, EU need sorting too.

I guess your a Trumpy kinda guy. What do yous say to Hillary having another go? That's what their saying here. I'd never vote for either she's even worse than the Brits Swindon woman delusional disorder

Charlie
    Hey Leb! (aka Lib)

Yes, an unabashed Trumper here. I don't think she's going to run but I got no issues with it if she does. I don't think the DNC wants her. She's shown twice she she doesn't have what it takes to win. My own opinion is it's going to be crazy uncle Joe. I don't think for a minute he'd beat the President but of all of them he's got the best shot.
    Who do you like?

N.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    ABC News boss James Goldston joined Trump at royal dinner

https://pagesix.com/2019/06/04/abc-n...-royal-dinner/

ABC News boss James Goldston was at President Trump’s table at a glitzy dinner Tuesday night in London to honor Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, Page Six has learned.

Goldston was seated next to Sarah Huckabee Sanders at Trump’s table.

I hope you're not buying into this whole Trump hates media crap. It's all a reality show and behind the scenes they're all in it together. It's safe to assume that everything you see on the "news" is fake. Remember, Trump said the Al Baghdadi raid was "like watching a movie"
    I do agree Hollow that Trump loves the media. He's the best I've ever seen at using it to his benefit. But the absolute hatred by the vast majority of those working in media is real. It must be tough for the real journalists who don't want to take sides but just want to report unbiased news stories.

Like this one:

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/www.media...all-of-it/amp/

Ain't such thing as no bias news if you don't like yous can just call it fake. Trumpsy and. BoJo is good at that. They gotta take down that Twitter shit.

Folk forgettin that theres this lil midland place called China what got its ass kicked by us 100 year ago or more now their after a pay back and is gonna get it one day. All that military hardware were selling to them sheetheads is getting copied by them theys got spies everywhere and big wallets warfare these days is all about equipment. US and UK can't be the world police when they outnumber us about 1000 to 1 and don't rely on Putain not to team up with them one day

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Another side to the coin? Those MPs who have relinquished their candidature in the forthcoming festival of fun may actually be being altruistic and doing the most honourable thing they’ve ever done in their political lives by standing down. Perhaps some have long known they’ve not been serving their supporters – the folks who got them into the job – and they are now prey to remorse, self-doubt and regret…? Hmmm!
    I see what you are saying, not that I agree with it
    What I do think is sad is the amount of women who have quit, mainly due to the trolling they have experienced

Maybe some have left because they feel they, or their party, have failed? But I suspect the greater number will have left because a) they are going to get hammered now their constituents get their say b) they hitched themselves to plans at odds with those who elected them and c) they are cowards. Some of them have had 3 years being able to hide behind party policy, or cross party campaign policy, and now they can't anymore. Now all the bluster is seen for what it is and they are jumping before they are pushed.

Yes, the women, and especially those of ethnic minorities, have a harder path but I don't believe they are all genuine given the timing. They fought through it when it was on
    their terms but now they are in an unsafe seat they suddenly decide it's too much. That's far too convenient and some like Allen have dotted from party to party.

We could have had 3 years of all parties pulling together. They could have been a voice of conscience to stem the harder elements but still been part of the work to move forward. Many chose to stop it. How the EU must have laughed, I know I would if I was on the other side of any dispute.

EDIT: Now reported Heidi Allen is brokering the remain alliance deals so her excuse of leaving politics due to abuse is very weak. It's nonsense, she's just not going to get elected and has moved to the next gravy train.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 08-11-19 at 03:57.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    I'm still concerned about TTIP
    I think you have summed up the notes on it so far Terry

Regards the election as I'm undecided I have currently donated to Full Fact because I hate fake news for this upcoming election as I did in 2017
    I'm hoping that they will hold MP's and prospective MP's to account
    Fullfact are going to have their hands full with just the Lib Dems by the looks of things I wonder who is advising them to play their campaign this way because it looks disastrous. Misleading charts in multiple leaflets, with their campaign boss saying she hasn't seem one, dodgy small print, trying to use a national poll to predict a local result, asking questions which restrict people's party choices to reflect themselves being closer to the Tories when Labour are far more likely to be so again, etc. And now she is producing leaflets misquoting at least 2 newspapers to imply they are finding they are doing well when in fact they are quotes of Swinson herself And that's before we even get in her bogus victim status over sexism and threatening to sue (she got her debate withy Sky but has awoken Sturgeon who I suspect will give her a good pasting).

With TTIP Corbyn needs to secure a new clause in a CU that gives us an opt out. He has spoken about opt outs but as ever it's all very woolly stuff and Starmer has been the same. The problem here is it will then discriminate against other CU's like Turkey who are unhappy. It will come down to the old argument over just how much they want our trade. I'm not convinced.

The wording does state EU governments which implies it would be a matter for each state to decide whether they want to go that route. That might have saved us when we were in the EU but now we won't be covered by that wording. I'm not sure how it would work but you can bet Trump has seen a possible backdoor.

Turkey is a satellite CU but we may choose the main EUCU. But I wonder how TTIP affects Turkey? Not sure on that, more research needed.

Of course, we still have the issue of the Tory deal which includes no trade agreements as such. They could still crash us out at the end of the transition period. MP's must have bene so confident they were going to revoke/remain to not legislate to push the transition period back as they moved the exit date but then the EU haven't either (but they have had the rumbles from our lot about revoke too I bet )

This one is only going to play into the hands of TBP:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartanntp

Farage was getting some stick online about things like this. Now it seems the ECJ have noticed it was a baised EU decision that forgot about all the other countries they were happy to have the same polls conducted in

Interesting points in here:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexi...cid=spartanntp

Juncker doesn't believe Corbyn's deal agreement targets are realistic. That does seem to cast doubt on him recently saying his deal is ready to go.

Also interesting that Barnier thinks a basic FTA deal could be struck in 11 months. To be honest though we just know it will be our Parliament that will add the months.

And also interesting to see chief meddler is back again...

He will be succeeded by Ursula von der Leyen, whose start date remains in doubt because of problems getting her team approved by the European parliament. She is meeting Tony Blair in Brussels on Wednesday at his request.
    Perhaps he needs to insert his lips into the next head backside that sits on the big chair?

Page 173 of 183 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175 ... LastLast

Thread Information