Page 175 of 183 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1825

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    Hi Terry

Yep I know yous an nite kinda guy in fact I commented on it soon after joining here then gave yous shit because of it Isure hope I apologized . I know your the last guy here to hold a grudge what puts you well on course to sainthood lol

I calmed down a lot since then thanks to yoga and meditation what I'd never of thought if doing if I hadn't joined this here forum.

Before this forum I wasted my time goading racists on a 4chan forum so I guess I got into a bad habit of getting confrontational tho that ain't a good excuse.

Charlie
    We're all good, Charlie Not sure about the sainthood, it would because slightly dirty halo in my case

It's great you've found some things that are working for you. That's one of the frustrating things isn't it, you end trying lots of stuff to see what helps as we are all different?

Never been near 4chan. I always thought it was one of those dark web dodgy places so assumed there would be some right weirdos on there. You would be very busy I bet with them, a bit like BreitBarts comments sections which are just constant racism from what I've seen! Ours seem tame compared and we've got our share of racist scumbags here.

I tend to avoid the negative places, they are draining and our energy is limited. They've got far more problems than we have and they don't know it! But fair play to those who keep defending others against them as you were doing on 4chan.

Yep that's a good point yous made, immigrants wanna work hard and make the most of opportunities they never got in their homelands.

And ordinary folk thinks of immigrants to be one large group when their all diverse and there is racism between these minorities. Hindu v Muslim a good example. Chinese v the rest another. Even African Americans v African Africans but never v Jamaicans everyone likes them dudes coz their cool or supposed to be. I often wonder what kinda reception I'd get in Kingston them rude boys don't sounds like nice folk. A lot of Jamaicans in the US army
    Yeah, most immigrants are willing to work very hard. Some come for an easy ride and they're the same in their own countries. Most are not coming from countries with lots of social security cover so they are used to working hard to feed their families.

I guy I used to work with came here from India. His dad was a doctor but had to study to pass our standards so he was driving a taxi to pay for his family and his son was moving into IT work. I can't see many established doctors wanting to do that and it shows his commitment to building a new life here.

But what you said earlier is the truth here too, we need to be training more of our own as well. I'm fine with medical staff coming here, and they've been coming from Commonwealth countries for many decades, but we aren't getting more homegrown talent or we are losing it abroad.

And we are taking staff away from their own countries too. I don't know much about the impacts of this and whether they would have had had jobs there but certainly some countries are suffering brain drains where they are losing a lot of talented people which must keep their countries down? There is one EU country that has raised this issue before as a downside to freedom of movement and they can't keep up filling those they lose.

I can remember as a young lad at college being surprised at a few of the Chinese lads I went to school with. They were always fine with anyone but they had a real problem with some of the Asian lads for some reason when we all started at a new college. Human beings, eh, we're all the same!

I didn't know there were lots of Jamaicans in the US army. Plenty of their gangs across the UK over the years in the drug trade. I was keeping my head down once in a local pub in town when a bunch of them were flashing machetes about, come for a fight from another city.

Hi Terry

Thanks for your kind understanding and forgiveness. Forgiveness is so hot damn important, not just in religious way but for MH issues also.

I'm guessing the Chinese guys you went to school with was Hong Kongers? They is a bit different from their mainland bros as we all know by now.

I remember being told years ago by an Italian "were not racist". Now they're top of the hate crime list in that map yous posted a few week back. Then it was Brazil what was supposed to be model of racial harmony until the truth come out that was a myth.

Where there ain't racism you get class warfare instead. Can't win.

I was looking for the name of a crap new AD I had taken, for another shred here. Made in Denmark (vortioxitine if anyone interested). Then came across an article. Denmark supposed to be the happiest country in the world. Article said that was only coz they take more ADs per head of population than any other nation. Panama and Costa Rica was actually placed higher in a happiness survey. I know scratch about them countries xcept that Costa Rica don't got an army. Any connection?

Charlie

Hmm, tactical voting websites trying to pursuade you which way to vote to secure a result a group of people want:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartanntp

I wonder if they all go to some seminar at a Russian boot camp? The media, and many politicians and their backers, would be screaming about groups like this if they were Russians.

The real danger here is Farage. He could cause that Tory majority to implode.

Perhaps we should be considering why there is a Tory majority in the first place? What has changed peoples' minds from 2017 when the Tories lost out? Could it be the last 2 years of trying to derail Brexit?

Swinson won't be happy they all think she has no chance.

Hi Terry

Thanks for your kind understanding and forgiveness. Forgiveness is so hot damn important, not just in religious way but for MH issues also.

I'm guessing the Chinese guys you went to school with was Hong Kongers? They is a bit different from their mainland bros as we all know by now.

I remember being told years ago by an Italian "were not racist". Now they're top of the hate crime list in that map yous posted a few week back. Then it was Brazil what was supposed to be model of racial harmony until the truth come out that was a myth.

Where there ain't racism you get class warfare instead. Can't win.

I was looking for the name of a crap new AD I had taken, for another shred here. Made in Denmark (vortioxitine if anyone interested). Then came across an article. Denmark supposed to be the happiest country in the world. Article said that was only coz they take more ADs per head of population than any other nation. Panama and Costa Rica was actually placed higher in a happiness survey. I know scratch about them countries xcept that Costa Rica don't got an army. Any connection?

Charlie
    Yes, they were from Hong Kong. Good lads, I see one of them from time to time.

Italy. When I see the UK media telling us we are all bigots I think about how our far right nutters are such a small group. Then I think about Italy that has had them in recent coalition power and marches with Nazi salutes. That's like something out of 80's England.

Denmark send us all the bacon. Homer Simpson loves it, we love it! I didn't know that about the ADs per head, interesting as the Scandinavian nations are supposed to have a much better standard of living and health than us. It used to be Iceland and we were higher than Denmark. They have issues with immigration too and the ghettos that have sprung up. I think they tend to house their immigrants in a less integrated manner than we do.

This one has been rumbling around on a couple of news outlets for a few days now but none of the major ones seem to pick it up. Now they have:

That campaign organiser is simply deluded. Labour won't get into power just from their own members! The Brexit map showed how heavy Leave votes carried in the Midlands and North. Now you are going to tell them free movement will continue so what is the point of even leaving the Single Market then? We might as well stay or re-join the EEA.

If Labour go with this it will finish them off. It was the number one issue for the referendum. It will show Corbyn cannot be trusted to negotiate as it will end up Remain vs Remain. They are due to decide yet but so far he has sat on the fence when asked directly if FOM will continue which is going to turn off Labour voter.

It doesn't go unnoticed that when questioned on this Gwynne plugs it to the students that they will make agreements they can come here and go there. So, why won't they say they will honour their previous 2017 manifesto to end FOM? It will be interesting to see what they come out with on this as so far we are back to the usual fence sitting that has meant they are losing votes to the LibDems

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Hmm, tactical voting websites trying to pursuade you which way to vote to secure a result a group of people want:

I wonder if they all go to some seminar at a Russian boot camp? The media, and many politicians and their backers, would be screaming about groups like this if they were Russians.

The real danger here is Farage. He could cause that Tory majority to implode.

Perhaps we should be considering why there is a Tory majority in the first place? What has changed peoples' minds from 2017 when the Tories lost out? Could it be the last 2 years of trying to derail Brexit?

Swinson won't be happy they all think she has no chance.

I think the public mood has changed since 2017 and Cummings/Johnson have played a very clever political game with the mantra - Get Brexit Done. weve had the voxpops of Brenda who says what a lot of people are thinking - Its still not happened ?!?

I think, sadly, we will see a huge Johnson majority as I feel the media seems to hold Johnson less to account than Corbyn, Im no great fan of Corbyn but he definitely gets a rougher ride for his past and current thinking than Johnson does for his. Swinson has no chance though I think the Lib Dems vote will grow. I hope Farage completely implodes as I hate his brand of politics and I dotn like the idea of the Brexit Party and how it had been set up.

I will probably vote Green or Labour but we have a sitting career Tory locally and it will take a seismic shift to overcome his majority even though hes useless and hasn't really delivered anything locally.

You are right, we really should be considering why there is likely to be a Tory majority ?!?!?

Because Johnson is too popular and well-liked.

It's hot damn obvious Bozza is gonna win

Same Trumpsy

Democracy a joke when yous can con folk into voting for dictatorship

Don't never underestimate stupidity of folk who believe all they hear or read in their preferred media what is usually owned by billionaire dictatorship cronies

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    I think the public mood has changed since 2017 and Cummings/Johnson have played a very clever political game with the mantra - Get Brexit Done. weve had the voxpops of Brenda who says what a lot of people are thinking - Its still not happened ?!?

I think, sadly, we will see a huge Johnson majority as I feel the media seems to hold Johnson less to account than Corbyn, Im no great fan of Corbyn but he definitely gets a rougher ride for his past and current thinking than Johnson does for his. Swinson has no chance though I think the Lib Dems vote will grow. I hope Farage completely implodes as I hate his brand of politics and I dotn like the idea of the Brexit Party and how it had been set up.

I will probably vote Green or Labour but we have a sitting career Tory locally and it will take a seismic shift to overcome his majority even though hes useless and hasn't really delivered anything locally.

You are right, we really should be considering why there is likely to be a Tory majority ?!?!?
    That's true. The overall sentiment is stop it or get it done. Those outside of the camps that are interesting just want it gone and for us to move onto others issues. If we leave we have the transition stage with all that brings but I can't see that as being as bad because at that point you are out (maybe, depends on Corbyn) and only attempts to re-join, whether in full or something like a CU, are likely to attract the publics attention. Although I'm sure the media will do it's usual whipping up of things when BoJo/Corbyn says/does x or Barnier says/does y.

I'm in a Tory marginal now for the first time on about 50 years. Labour could swing it straight back but if Corbyn continues to dither on Brexit I think it will remain blue. Already he is hiding behind political speak and people groan at that as much as they do flag waving speeches with little substance. The other two seats closest, especially one (Smeeth), could easily turn blue too as they are marginal.

We have a new Labour candidate though who announced himself weeks ago before the GE was voted on but I have no idea of him yet other than a campaign leaflet that tactically dodges anything Brexit and pledges to solve pollution problems on a major trunk road (which I can't see will ever happen and I doubt that many are interested as before it everyone spent an extra hour getting to work at peak!).

BoJo has been romping home in the polls ever since he took over. May was doing very well before and her support collapsed with the March deadline failure, something which the polls don't show with Boris. I expect he has more support and with Farage slipping into the background he has recovered many of his past voters, but not all. Farage was all bluster the last week and has now starting backtracking, even his own candidates are resigning because they think he will end up stopping Brexit happening.

He makes so many gaffes, just like before we all laughed at London making him mayor, yet he still seems to come out high up. It's a bit of a modern mystery really, it can't just be that he plays to what people want waving his hand about. Corbyn does the same but suffers from the anti Corbyn media as you say.

I think you are right about the LibDems. They are already making a mess of their campaign and looking untrustworthy but they will pick up some Remain and disillusioned votes. No Green Party here, we get little more than the main 3 and yellow picks up very little % vote share.

I doubt many up here will believe anything about the "Northern Powerhouse" until they see it from either party. Corbyn's wage increase will play well, as will McDonnell's pledge to reduce the working week (what do you think about that in terms of productivity and how the rest of Europe do it?), although the Tories have tried to snatch it away by copying it with their average increase per year to £10.50. However, I think McDonnell is right there in that wages should still rise above that but in these uncertain times they not and the Labour plan to install a higher minimum level will insulate the working class against the drawbacks of a Brexit downturn (even if temporary). Upping the wages of those slightly above minimum wage will be popular too. They are playing to the young a lot too which is to be expected.

But then we have Brexit. If Corbyn can't very clearly write down his plan in full I suspect, like me, many will view it with suspicion. Especially if it littered with little phrases that hint at undermining it as Gwynne has already done.

The danger though is the Tories just not bothering with a FTA in the transition phase. There will be no way to stop No Deal then as we would be out and the EU would be very sick of us by then.

Page 175 of 183 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 ... LastLast

Thread Information