Page 179 of 183 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1825

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

You can't convince me the Tories didn't do that on purpose! It's like Norsefire with their St. Mary's virus!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    You can't convince me the Tories didn't do that on purpose! It's like Norsefire with their St. Mary's virus!
    You think the Tories gave this person a fake vest, a knife and told him to go around stabbing people? You are well into CTer country there.

Both the Tories & Labour have disgracefully politicised this attack. But another 20k coppers would never stop stuff like this. We just don't have enough intelligence officers to monitor the number of potential terrorists we have.

I find it interesting that a number of these terrorists are found in the Midlands. I find myself questioning just how much money is spent up here rather than in London and whether that is allowing these people to hide away? But at least they foiled the attacks he was planning, some of which were aimed in my city.

Totally agree Terry. I was appalled at the way both parties used this tragedy for their own political ends and you're right no amount of police could have stopped this. I hope they learn lessons about this early release system.

Ghost…Spillways

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    Totally agree Terry. I was appalled at the way both parties used this tragedy for their own political ends and you're right no amount of police could have stopped this. I hope they learn lessons about this early release system.

Boris was very naughty declaring a day without campaigning and then slipping in his police pledges in interviews. And then Patel blaming Labour for early release.

Corbyn has now started about foreign policy (yeah, like you wouldn't drag us in between Israel and Palestine
    ) and how he was right all those years ago. Yes, but we don't remember you because you were a political minnow until recently and the man we all remember holding the government to account was Robin Cook.

Maybe they should have ditched campaigning for a week? I can't see why they couldn't have met to agree to a no campaigning stance on issues connected to terrorism until the end of the week to allow the families to greave.

What really sucks is that he killed two real good folk who was on his side up to a point

In jail's they got to separate them terrorists or they'd be lynched

So they putt the Muslims together who make each others more detee engines to plot revenge when they gets out

They need to be convinced of the error of their ways whiat should involve frequent visits from moderate Muslim clerics and a guaranteed job when they gets out

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    What really sucks is that he killed two real good folk who was on his side up to a point

In jail's they got to separate them terrorists or they'd be lynched

So they putt the Muslims together who make each others more detee engines to plot revenge when they gets out

They need to be convinced of the error of their ways whiat should involve frequent visits from moderate Muslim clerics and a guaranteed job when they gets out
    Yes, it's the same as with paedophiles and other sex offenders. Because they are all together you mix in lower level offenders with the true believers where they get further indoctrinated into something far worse. But the same can be said for young people going to prison or those who mixed with any hard core types who suck them in.

We've had prison reports about this issue over terrorism and how the prison service just isn't set up for it. They need people to be able to monitor groups of people who are talking in other languages and referred to texts they just don't understand. They've said it's a hug problem.

I doubt they would care if the people they kill are liberal towards them. These are guys who are hate filled to the point we are all the enemy and should be wiped out.

I can't say I believe the BS his lawyer has been spinning about seeing the error of his ways and being failed by the prison system for not helping him "deradicalize". Smells of a compensation claim for a start and if he had changed his thinking he's made a big leap again. Basically a load of BS to win his appeal and appease the probation board. Next day back out and back up to his old ways biding his time.

I wonder whether anyone was aware of his true views? Has anyone looked the other way or been trying to talk him around?

Well, I really can't see how certain parties and media outlets can hang onto the public having changed it's mind now. Boris made this election about Brexit (and used it to avoid other areas a GE should be focussing on) and Corbyn/McDonnell are busy stating they failed because of it. Some may start claiming the usual thicko voters line though.

He has strengthened the party with a sizeable majority. This will allow him to force through the new withdrawal bill and the other parties now have no hold over them for votes. Vulnerable Labour seats fell yesterday, those who had been telling the leadership they were on a knife edge, and some they lost last time just strengthened further into the blue.

The DUP are dead in the water with no allies and the Lib Dems are back in the less they were after the coalition. The SNP had a great night though and it's going to be very hard to argue they can't have that 2nd referendum now. Perhaps they could back it up with some polls to show it's not because of the failings of other parties in Scotland?

The EU seem happy enough as they now have some firm commitments. There is no more pretending to know which direction the public want it to go in.

One massive concern though now becomes No Deal in the transition stage. With a majority like that he might feel invincible now. Do we know what the views of the MP's themselves are? You just know the ERG will now push for a harder deal.

And the Labour party might get their backside in gear and get a credible front bench to keep them on their toes?

So, no more on the fence zombie Parliament anymore. Now comes the stage of fighting over the transition stage...and the inevitable re-join campaign. If it all goes arse over Boris () perhaps we will just re-join, tale between our legs? What gets signed in a US trade deal might be aimed at preventing that though?

Well Terry another one in the books eh. Truly historic. As an interested bystander here's my take. Contrary to popular belief within your Parliament (same with our Congress BTW) the MPs work for the people...not the other way around. And the British public, in their legendary fairness, showed those so called "do over" MPs just who in fact their boss is. They were summarily fired yesterday for not following their bosses orders given in 2016. i.e. get us out of the EU.

I suspect other EU countries may follow your lead. I hope so.

We're dealing with something similar here in that the hard left faction of the DemocRAT party, which controls the party right now, has been trying to overthrow a duly elected President by whichever nefarious means they can think up for the last three years - what a collosal waste of time and money. But in the long run they will fail just as your do overs have failed. The wisdom of we rank filers never ceases to amaze me. They usually get things right don't they. It must be from living in the trenches, yes?

N.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Well, I really can't see how certain parties and media outlets can hang onto the public having changed it's mind now.

Remain-backing parties gained the majority of actual votes this election. They failed to turn this into seats because of the FPTP system. Whatever you feel, there’s something wrong in this country when people are so routinely not represented. I said the exact same thing when UKIP failed to win many seats despite the number of votes. It isn’t partisanship or sore loser syndrome. But yes, under the current system - which is all that matters - Brexit has a mandate.

Here's what the results would have been under PR (from 3:40am results)

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    I suspect other EU countries may follow your lead. I hope so.
    https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/sta...72890166824961

Support for EU membership across the EU has actually grown since the Brexit referendum. There is absolutely no evidence of a domino effect, quite the opposite.
    Last edited by MobileChicane; 13-12-19 at 21:18.

If you look at the results like this you can see how successful Tories were ...

Page 179 of 183 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 ... LastLast

Thread Information