Page 2 of 183 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Yep, it depends which party they are aligned with but with the EU there are divisions in the parties themselves so no idea who is owning which media, I guess it depends who their owners are "thick in with".

Trump has told us to leave. Despite what people think of him, that will have just gained him support in their nuttier Brexit groups over here.

Yup.
    Trump should take Katie Hopkins as his Vice President, couple of Loons together.

So glad that we have a Muslim Mayor of London, great news as it will annoy all the Little Englanders out there. ALSO Sadiq is a fairly sensible consensus politician.

The facts are that trade, employment, economy, immigration and other factors will be effected. Unfortunately, especially with economy, we just don't know how they will be effected. The Brexit campaign say that we will have freedom of trade and boost economy whereas the In campaign say that foreign banks will leave London which could have a negative impact on our economy to the point of causing another recession. The 'facts' are washed down with campaigners own biases. So I think it's just down to what matters more to you.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Gives me a chuckle at Corbyn's mad supporters at least. Sadly the "principled man" proved he was for sale to his paymasters like all the rest when the unions told him he will be campaigning for the "better in" despite always being against the EU.

Never mind Jezza, you will be back to obscurity soon enough so you can campaign to have your cosy chats with the terrorist groups.

I will be voting leave/out.

There are various reasons for this but mainly the fact that the EU is becoming more and more centralised, making more and more of our laws and gradually turning into a dictatorship and taking away our ability to vote on anything. At least in the UK if we don't like our government we can vote in someone else after four years and at least hold the politicians to account. We cannot do this with the EU, they can do what they like and we have no say on the matter.

Along with all of the other reasons such as the strain on our public services due to increased immigration. The huge fees we have to pay just to be a member of the EU. The new TTIP agreement that is coming in that will most likely destroy our NHS etc etc.

We will be fine if we leave. In fact in my opinion we need to leave to save the UK from the failing EU that is very corrupt under the surface.

Please vote leave guys, give Britain a brighter future.

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

Here is a good little video explaining the EU and Brexit, only 3 minute long, worth a watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0pwXLtvt2w
    Last edited by Gotagetthroughthis; 17-05-16 at 21:15.

I'm thinking of voting Monty Brewster

Can't believe what anyone is saying, it's so over the top now.

I think theres too much emotion and too much unfactual rhetoric in the information we are getting.

I'm leaning towards 'In' for a number of reasons though i don't like TTIP or the way the EU is dealing with migration currently BUT I don't think we are ruled by Europe as some people are trying to make out.

I don't like the idea of just sweeping away Human Rights as Theresa May wants to do and I feel that the EU may cost a G7,G20 country more than it gets out but perhaps thats the right thing to do for the stability of Europe

I'm still voting out, there isn't one thing that I can see to be of benefit if we stay in. Do I think The Conservatives will start to behave 'IF' brexit wins, No!! What I hope for is all our political parties future manifestos will be more interesting.

We will still trade with other countries, we will still have immigration issues ... but what we will have is that extra money not going to Brussels, at least we will have some extra to spend (if any of the MP's find any common sense) on the NHS so it can cope with the influx of people.

I tell you what's got me this week, the In campaign and there fancy jet aeroplane, all leather seats, with the logo embroidered on so Cameron can get around the country ... yet Boris has his bus! Aye, where all in it together aren't we.

Please educate me. Am I correct at thinking IN is to stay in the current situation and OUT is to leave the EU and go back to being a sovereign nation?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Noivous; 21-05-16 at 17:10.

I don't get this 'sovereign' nation thing.
    We are already a 'sovereign' nation within the EU.

I guess I'm viewing it not just from the 'value' to the UK element though there are many. I also think we can work better with our European neighbours from within the EU. We only have to see a 0.6% drop in GDP to wipe out any savings we make from withdrawal.

Also Norways relationship with the EU is not 'cost neutral', it still costs them money without any influence.

I agree there are things we need to look at/battle within the EU, Gravy Train expenses etc

Page 2 of 183 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information