Page 3 of 183 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Let me ask - how is the illegal or legal immigration issue in the UK? Does being in the EU have any bearing on that?

N.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Let me ask - how is the illegal or legal immigration issue in the UK? Does being in the EU have any bearing on that?

N.
    Yeah, it's a major influencing factor for people who want out of the EU.

Our benefits system is very enticing to people from poorer nations and we are constantly fishing them out of lorries to go back France. Sadly, France seem to do little about it and they probably are very happy to see them hopping on lorries heading for the UK. Plenty die trying. Whether leaving the EU will do anything about that is debatable. People feel we are a soft touch and won't shut borders to force other European countries to deal with their problems.

Legal immigration is also a major factor. There is a lot of resentment towards the EU because of again our enticing benefits system. It's tightening up a bit but it's long been "come to Britain and get a house all paid for and cash on top". That's all good to people who have none of that in their home country even in the EU.

You wouldn't think it was so easy to get onto an island.

The trouble with the immigration crisis is that it has been around a long time. Both major parties can throw mud at each other but they are both responsible. They sat on their hands for decades.

Tony, I agree. We have always been our own nation. The EU had no bearing on that just as NATO or UN membership doesn't. I think it's just part of the spin from the "outies" about how we are subservient, I think our US friends on here might have a saying for it..."having your balls in your wife's purse".

Yeah Terry - The illegal immigration is a huge problem here as well - to the tune of 30 million!. The country has seen a rise in diseases it had thought had been eradicated years ago. 200 heroin overdose deaths per day nation wide of young people in a country where 99% of the heroin comes in on the backs of illegals thru Mexico. Wages are being suppresed. And a person like my dad who has worked like an elephant for 50 years and served his country when called upon and spent every penny he had on a wife with Alzheimers can't get assistance while he watches illegals waltz across the border and get everything handed to them. It is easily the single biggest issue facing the US today. That is why populist Donald Trump is resonating with the working class. I do believe he will be the next president of the United States.

N.

And I really can't believe how biased the BBC are on this issue, it is disgraceful really!

Yeah...believe me the government and the mainstream media have a very incestuous relationship here as well. It's sickening really. I liken it back to The Ministry of Propaganda - Berlin 1936.

But I'll never give up hope or effort for a free nation.

N.

Quote Originally Posted by Confused90 View Post
    At least you yanks stand up for yourselves if you have an opinion, a lot of people here don't, this country lost its backbone years ago.
    I think a lot of us just think what's the point. Whoever we vote for, they just carry on breaking the country. We had hope in "New Labour" who turned out to be just as bad, then UKIP pops up all mouth no trousers.

What can anyone do when those we vote for aren't interested and are just feathering their nests?

---------- Post added at 23:22 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Yeah Terry - The illegal immigration is a huge problem here as well - to the tune of 30 million!. The country has seen a rise in diseases it had thought had been eradicated years ago. 200 heroin overdose deaths per day nation wide of young people in a country where 99% of the heroin comes in on the backs of illegals thru Mexico. Wages are being suppresed. And a person like my dad who has worked like an elephant for 50 years and served his country when called upon and spent every penny he had on a wife with Alzheimers can't get assistance while he watches illegals waltz across the border and get everything handed to them. It is easily the single biggest issue facing the US today. That is why populist Donald Trump is resonating with the working class. I do believe he will be the next president of the United States.

N.
    Yeah, people like that must be loving this. They jump on the back of terrorism over it too. That's why we have Trump, and the far right parties on the rise in some European countries.

Our next PM might be a choice between 3 loonies.

Illegal Immigration isn't a huge a concern for me. As I've said before if I lived in a war torn country I would want to come here. What I don't get is the amount of men. If you look how many cross the sea to get to Greece and then walk across Europe to get to Calais, it's mainly young men. If I was in charge (LOL) I would take all the women and children and the men should be given some combat training and sent back to fight for their country. There are loads trying to leave, surely there can't be that many left in Syria et al right now. They have to fight to get back their countries. Afghanistan use to be a beautiful country. It's so sad what has happened to it.

Now, legal immigration ... that is what I feel is messing wages up in this country. Or low skilled, low paid wages. There is no competition anymore and I feel the introduction of the living wage or NMW has caused this. Which I know was nothing to do with the EU. That was Labour and Tony Blair (who is the root cause of all this mess). We need those low paid low skilled jobs for 'our own' as we would all agree we have plenty of 'our own' lazy people who 'could' do these jobs. However, these low paid jobs attract the legal immigrants which keeps pay low. There is never going to be growth whilst these jobs attract the low skilled immigrants. Also, it is the amount of Child Benefit that is paid back to countries like Poland ... when Tony Blair was setting all this up (legal immigration of eastern Europeans) it was argued by these EE countries that they (the immigrants) shouldn't have to provide birth certificates for children born and living in the EE countries. Millions is being sent over every week in child benefit. Now I know this is nothing to do with the EU, this was all 'our' doing. I don't know if coming out of the EU will stop this excessive payments being sent abroad.

So that's my view on Immigration ... it's all Tony Blairs fault.

Right, now back to the EU, without googling can you all tell me who the main players are in Brussels? Who is the chief of this and head or that, who operates this department and that agency. I don't know anyone and I would make a strong bet not many of us in England do know who the main players are. Yet these people make laws that we have to abide. Normally, stupid laws. I believe the next one coming in is to do the liquid in the E cigs. I don't smoke. But it's something to do with the amount of liquid 'we' will be able to buy. no small amounts, just large amounts. Why?? As adults are we not capable of making that decision as to how much liquid 'we' need or want? Why was this law even made? Who woke up one morning and thought 'I know, lets control the amount of ecig liquid people cant buy' ... and then they got paid for it! Lots of money, they got paid. Do we have to be that controlled? Most our of health and safety laws come from EU.

As a country, we will survive coming out of the EU. We aren't going to be hit with war or famine, we will get through it and in the future all our political parties will have to think harder and work harder to get the votes.

Germany needs us to buy all there cars, we will survive!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsCav View Post
    Illegal Immigration isn't a huge a concern for me. As I've said before if I lived in a war torn country I would want to come here. What I don't get is the amount of men. If you look how many cross the sea to get to Greece and then walk across Europe to get to Calais, it's mainly young men. If I was in charge (LOL) I would take all the women and children and the men should be given some combat training and sent back to fight for their country. There are loads trying to leave, surely there can't be that many left in Syria et al right now. They have to fight to get back their countries. Afghanistan use to be a beautiful country. It's so sad what has happened to it.

Now, legal immigration ... that is what I feel is messing wages up in this country. Or low skilled, low paid wages. There is no competition anymore and I feel the introduction of the living wage or NMW has caused this. Which I know was nothing to do with the EU. That was Labour and Tony Blair (who is the root cause of all this mess). We need those low paid low skilled jobs for 'our own' as we would all agree we have plenty of 'our own' lazy people who 'could' do these jobs. However, these low paid jobs attract the legal immigrants which keeps pay low. There is never going to be growth whilst these jobs attract the low skilled immigrants. Also, it is the amount of Child Benefit that is paid back to countries like Poland ... when Tony Blair was setting all this up (legal immigration of eastern Europeans) it was argued by these EE countries that they (the immigrants) shouldn't have to provide birth certificates for children born and living in the EE countries. Millions is being sent over every week in child benefit. Now I know this is nothing to do with the EU, this was all 'our' doing. I don't know if coming out of the EU will stop this excessive payments being sent abroad.

So that's my view on Immigration ... it's all Tony Blairs fault.

Right, now back to the EU, without googling can you all tell me who the main players are in Brussels? Who is the chief of this and head or that, who operates this department and that agency. I don't know anyone and I would make a strong bet not many of us in England do know who the main players are. Yet these people make laws that we have to abide. Normally, stupid laws. I believe the next one coming in is to do the liquid in the E cigs. I don't smoke. But it's something to do with the amount of liquid 'we' will be able to buy. no small amounts, just large amounts. Why?? As adults are we not capable of making that decision as to how much liquid 'we' need or want? Why was this law even made? Who woke up one morning and thought 'I know, lets control the amount of ecig liquid people cant buy' ... and then they got paid for it! Lots of money, they got paid. Do we have to be that controlled? Most our of health and safety laws come from EU.

As a country, we will survive coming out of the EU. We aren't going to be hit with war or famine, we will get through it and in the future all our political parties will have to think harder and work harder to get the votes.

Germany needs us to buy all there cars, we will survive!
    Is that you, Boris? No, you are making too much sense.

I can't name anyone other than the leaders. To be fair, that can also be the case over here but at least our press will make us aware. Even they seem to struggle on who is doing what abroad.

Yes, it does seem that more young men flee whenever we see reports, other than the refugee camps, and I have always questioned that too. Part of me wonders whether they are fleeing to avoid being pulled into fighting. I can't judge them for that, our young men had no clue what they were walking into in our world wars and I think we all know more these days, especially those from countries in less stable regions of the world. I would like to fight in that situation but I can't count on my courage from my cosy country compared to what they could have seen. Women without children can be classed the same.

I know you will understand that, but it's a point to discuss.

These refugees can be badly mentally damaged as someone who is closer to such things has told me from their experiences with them. I feel incredibly sorry for the normal people who get caught up in the power games.

More is needed to spread the support rather than some countries sit back.

I think you have to put a caveat onto allowing in those who benefit the country otherwise we open a doorway to the rich. That would sit badly with a lot of people who are sick of them having more rights, it's not like they pay their taxes as they morally should.

The NHS was in a dire state when I was young. They were telling me as a teenager that A&E's would be closing in Winter and it never happened. Nurses were on strike back then too. The same old debates were raging by the doctors. I know my local NHS is no worse now than it was over a decade ago. It may be different in some areas of the country though.

EDIT: I should have said that I do agree on people coming here for a reason like in Australia. I just have a different view when it comes to refugees. I think those coming from more stable countries should only do so if there is a job they are coming to as we can't take anymore people trying for that better way of life who come without some security.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 26-05-16 at 15:18. Reason: Added detail

We have no idea what these people have seen and that is a good point Terry that the young men may have left because they didn't want to fight. I get that. Not everyone wants confrontation. And I also agree that 'our boys' didn't know what they where getting themselves into, but thank God they did. Courageous and brave men, all of them, those fighting today too. So, back to the jungle at Calais, lots of young men, yes there are children but I think we would all agree that its mainly young men ... these young men who have had to fight to get across border controls until Merkel had them lifted last year. They seemed quite happy to fight guards or police. So lets give them the choice to become skilled in combat and go back to fight for what they want.

Also, the risks they put onto their own lives when trying to break into lorries, coaches cars at Calais is shockingly sad ... yet it's the transport drivers that are the ones who get the blame. The way these young men treat the lorry drivers etc is becoming more violent every day.

I guess what I am trying to say is, those that are prepared to use force should be sent back to fight and get their country back to how it use to be.

A report today says the highest death of young men from 18 to 35 is suicide. Our NHS is not equipped to deal with this. With all the cost cutting from austerity we can't support more and more and more people .... when you think about it, coming to England isn't that great. It's like jumping out of the pan into the fire.

I understand that the legal immigrants contribute towards our country .... yet they take so much more out in WFTC and child benefit, free prescriptions and free dental, .

I just think it is very wrong that working people need to be able to claim a benefit to top their wages up ... that is so wrong. Wages should be higher. But why should bosses from big or small companies increase wages when the guys and gals from the eastern European countries will work for those silly wages.

It's all about the rich staying and getting richer and poor getting poorer.... or being kept poor.

Like I said, it's all Tony Blairs fault, but bugger knows who is going to save us. But I would like to leave the EU, we will still trade, we won't all starve and die. We will still be able to move about, nothing will change, we will just continue to show our passports ... we live in a country where we have a fantastic education system and other countries like to employ brits because of our qualifications, that will still continue.

I'm hoping leaving will allow us to take control back of our borders. For all immigrants. Whether Cameron has the balls to say, sorry shop shut, I don't know? But wouldn't it be good to be given the chance to see if we can make Britain great. I know the world moves forwards and not backwards, those good old days have long gone ... but the future doesn't look to great either if we stay in.

---------- Post added at 16:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

I think we should start a revolution ...... reckon we'd all be better that the shower that run us and those that want too

Page 3 of 183 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information