Page 46 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

BBC promote their new Marxist Messiah to brainwashed zombies at Glastonbury. Anybody still think they're neutral? I hope the government grows a pair and gets rid of the license fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    BBC promote their new Marxist Messiah to brainwashed zombies at Glastonbury. Anybody still think they're neutral? I hope the government grows a pair and gets rid of the license fee.

Really?
    The BBC has been annoying both Tories and Labour in recent years, I pretty much think that means they are attempting to be neutral.
    Corbyn at Glastonbury, of course its news worthy and should be reported, theres an ongoing story at the moment about getting the young into politics, Tories need to come up with their own strategy rather than moan about airtime from this.
    The license fee is great and I for one never want to see the BBC dissapear as its culturally important with the programmes it makes that no one else would, specifically BBC4 in recent years.
    Calling those attending Glastonbury brain washed zombies is probably a tad unfair as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    Really?
    The BBC has been annoying both Tories and Labour in recent years, I pretty much think that means they are attempting to be neutral.
    Corbyn at Glastonbury, of course its news worthy and should be reported, theres an ongoing story at the moment about getting the young into politics, Tories need to come up with their own strategy rather than moan about airtime from this.
    The license fee is great and I for one never want to see the BBC dissapear as its culturally important with the programmes it makes that no one else would, specifically BBC4 in recent years.
    Calling those attending Glastonbury brain washed zombies is probably a tad unfair as well.
    I agree with you somewhat in that the BBC has been hostile to both parties at certain times but it has it's own agenda and whichever party is closer to it gets the backing of BBC. Right now it's clearly Labour in particular Corbyn so he's being promoted a lot. I doubt the Tories will ever get the young vote as most of the yoof think it's not "cool" to vote Conservative. Especially not now with rockstar Corbyn on the scene. BBC does make good wild life documentaries.

I think the BBC always leans a little towards the current Government as it has to consider charter negotiations and renewals.
    Its interesting that all Culture Secretaries seem to say, BBC should not be chasing ratings and then suddenly when ratings drop they decide that the BBC isn't reaching a wide enough audience.
    I always feel that though the BBC doesnt help itself sometimes its damned if it does damned if it doesnt.

Re recent bias, the Boris interview meltdown on the BBC doesn't seem to have had the shelf life that the Abbot errors had. I just think the BBC tries to be neutral editorially but remember lots of its political journalists have worked within the party machines, both Tory, Labour and elsewhere.

"Jeremy Corbyn: 'I'll be Prime Minister in six months’

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/jeremy-cor...075838287.html

Is Corbyn showing his true colours now? Maybe not as humble and the all around nice guy he likes to portray himself. He could be PM though as he's up against a out of depth Theresa May, the Tories will destroy themselves if they don't sack her now and replace her with a real Conservative like Jacob Rees Mogg. The only way to save Brexit now is to send these guys to negotiate.

"Jeremy Corbyn: 'I'll be Prime Minister in six months’

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/jeremy-cor...075838287.html

Is Corbyn showing his true colours now? Maybe not as humble and the all around nice guy he likes to portray himself. He could be PM though as he's up against a out of depth Theresa May, the Tories will destroy themselves if they don't sack her now and replace her with a real Conservative like Jacob Rees Mogg. The only way to save Brexit now is to send these guys to negotiate.

Lawks! These Two or May sound like a disaster to me, Mogg and Farage would just look like we are giving the EU the middle finger !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    Mogg and Farage would just look like we are giving the EU the middle finger !!!!!
    That's not actually a bad idea! I posted a image in my earlier posts of Merkel looking at Theresa May in Brussels , you can tell she's about to be torn apart by a pack of hyenas. As Trump would say we need "killers" right now to do the negotiating for us.

That's not actually a bad idea! I posted a image in my earlier posts of Merkel looking at Theresa May in Brussels , you can tell she's about to be torn apart by a pack of hyenas. As Trump would say we need "killers" right now to do the negotiating for us.
    We do, people with backbone who won't just bend over for the EU. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be diplomatic too but if you play soft you get seen as weak.

I find in these discussions that there is a trust in the EU to play nice and a distrust of our own government. I don't believe the EU well sacrifice their own interests just to be nice. Their ridiculous rising divorce bill, without assets included, shows that.

Remember, the EU is protectionist.

So, Labour campaign on a manifesto that says we will leave the Single Market and now weeks later they amend the QS to have the option to reverse this. Nice. Good message to their voters there.

Page 46 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread Information