Page 49 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

What a mess. The Tories don't seem to have an agreed strategy and neither do Labour. They keep contradicting their own leaders or front benches.

Latest one being floated is the Associate EFTA membership. This is interesting but can seem confusing. So far I can tell...

- the EFTA has mirrored the Four Freedoms but this only applies between members of the EFTA.
    - the EFTA are not in the Single Market in the same way we are. EEA countries are in the Single Market. There is a separate EEA-EFTA agreement to join the Single Market but this isn't as comprehensive as ours as things like fisheries, agricultural, etc are outside of it. It's a strip down then.
    - the EFTA are not in the Customs Union.
    - associate members of the EFTA are not bound by the Four Freedoms.
    - being in the EFTA allows members to access all negotiated trade deals. I'm not clear on whether the EEA-EFTA agreement to access the Single Market allows them to access EU negotiated trade deals though but I suspect so as long as they are within the markets it covers.
    - you can negotiate your own trade deals. I think its the Customs Union that prohibits this in the EU.

I'm not sure what we pay in for this associate membership without checking. It also is surely the case that it's not as good a deal as full membership?

Maybe it's a compromise? Maybe it's a bridge between voters? Maybe it's a transitional option until trade agreements are ready so that business is kept running without more uncertainty?

It's hard to work out anything when Fox & Hammond are contradicting each other and Labour can't give an answer either and hide behind bland speeches. A transitional deal makes sense in order to give more time as A50 isn't enough and the EU don't seem too interested in deals.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    What a mess. The Tories don't seem to have an agreed strategy and neither do Labour. They keep contradicting their own leaders or front benches.
    For me it's all over, it's not going to happen. It's already been watered-down the the point that it's not what the people voted for. As Jacob Rees Mogg said on question time, there is no such thing as a soft or a hard Brexit. What happens next? Will Nigel Farage make a come back again? he knows he shouldn't have quit in the first place.

I think it will happen but I'm not sold that what MP's really think behind closed doors will mean we get out. Aside from the flip flopping of both parties they seem incompetent and the EU just digs it's heals in.

Soft or hard was invented by Remainers. Leave was largely clear other than Boris confusing the matter over EFTA style deals.

We need ties to the EU to cover various expert bodies, which I think it's fair.

I get a bit sick of ROI complaining we are leaving so need to provide them with a border solution when it's EU rules forcing them to change. It's the UK & EU that need to come up with a compromise. ROI are just playing blame but it just makes you think how stupid that is just because of a democratic vote.

The new PM is backing the EFTA route with a special Customs Union:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...ents-1.3176830

Will the EU create one though? A point that is often made about how the EU allows special arrangements is that it's too possible accession countries.

Is this a compromise you could live with a soft Brexit, Tony?

The new PM is backing the EFTA route with a special Customs Union:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...ents-1.3176830

Will the EU create one though? A point that is often made about how the EU allows special arrangements is that it's too possible accession countries.

Is this a compromise you could live with a soft Brexit, Tony?
    I don't trust this Varadkar character, he looks and sound like another Globalist puppet.

It is sickening to see the Tony Blair walking around freely after murdering millions of people and openly committing treason against this country. It just goes to show that organizations like Amnesty International are not interested in justice and are only there to serve the new world order.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    I don't trust this Varadkar character, he looks and sound like another Globalist puppet.

It is sickening to see the Tony Blair walking around freely after murdering millions of people and openly committing treason against this country. It just goes to show that organizations like Amnesty International are not interested in justice and are only there to serve the new world order.

As one person put it, they probably daren't do anything to Teflon Tony as he knows where all the bodies are buried. Their type resign and find a cushy job elsewhere. We see it with counsellors & NHS execs all the time. Crime always pays when you're at the top.

As I've seen other say, if Tony wants to help Remain the biggest impact he could have would be if he came out as a massive Leave supporter. His presence just unites people against whatever cause he supports other than hardcore Remainers who cosy up to anyone that supports the narrative and all past crimes are forgotten.

I found this pretty incredible:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...uy-verhofstadt

If we decided to scrap Brexit the EU want to use it as an excuse to strip out opt outs.

Does that sound like they want to force us to keep going? Or is this a punishment for daring to allow democracy over the EU issue? Wasn't this the same bloke who was saying the 48% should be listened too as they are being left our? Like he cares when he pulls a stunt like this.

---------- Post added at 06:19 ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 ----------

Woo hoo we've having another march to scrap Brexit.

Can we send the protesters the bill for the police supervising them?

More wasted money to allow the media to peddle the myth about higher education being linked to voting Remain:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7881441.html

It's hilarious that in same article the quoted University UK showing how a vote in years to come would skew it even further.

Being a journalist must involve very little intelligence.

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

In the same week as the new LibDem leader talks of he old "shafting" the young and raises the possible future existence of "Brexit jahadis" back pop Farage stating he will return if they shaft Brexit. Jahadi Nige!

Funny how a 74 year old man can so easily blame the oldies for taking away the future of the youngsters to call them selfish without realising many of them will have their own children & grandchildren. Only politicians, and political activist type, would put politics before family.

It's also interesting that the focus is always on the oldest vs. the youngest. The same polling reveals that groups over 40 were more Leave. Don't they have mortgages, pensions, children to pay for, etc? Yet they are conveniently overlooked in search of keeping the narrative going.

But it's more likely the LibDems are just trying to grab the youth vote that Corbyn has grabbed. The trouble is Corbyn didn't just take it from anyone, he also motivated them to be arsed to vote. And Corbyn is anti EU so his young supporters, many of whom marched for the EU last year, seem to have decided Corbyn is more important than the EU.

The LidDems failed spectacularily on their anti EU GE ticket. They won't grab them off Corbyn with the EU issue alone if their priority is Corbyn. It was also amusing to see Farron's much lauded Richmond win get flushed away though.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 09-08-17 at 12:35.

[/COLOR]In the same week as the new LibDem leader talks of he old "shafting" the young and raises the possible future existence of "Brexit jahadis" back pop Farage stating he will return if they shaft Brexit. Jahadi Nige!

Funny how a 74 year old man can so easily blame the oldies for taking away the future of the youngsters to call them selfish without realising many of them will have their own children & grandchildren. Only politicians, and political activist type, would put politics before family.

It's also interesting that the focus is always on the oldest vs. the youngest. The same polling reveals that groups over 40 were more Leave. Don't they have mortgages, pensions, children to pay for, etc? Yet they are conveniently overlooked in search of keeping the narrative going.
    It looks like the Globalists are opening a new front in their ongoing war on Britain, that is to turn the young against the old. The old might be able to see through this but young people brainwashed with years of Marxist propaganda will easily fall in to this trap.

They have already been successful in turning women against men and destroying the concept of family units. They imported millions of immigrants from the 3rd world knowing well in advance that this will wreak havoc on society eventually leading to a race war.

A lot of the older people woke up to this plan and voted for Brexit, they voted against globalism and for Britain to no longer be part of the new world order.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    It looks like the Globalists are opening a new front in their ongoing war on Britain, that is to turn the young against the old. The old might be able to see through this but young people brainwashed with years of Marxist propaganda will easily fall in to this trap.

They have already been successful in turning women against men and destroying the concept of family units. They imported millions of immigrants from the 3rd world knowing well in advance that this will wreak havoc on society eventually leading to a race war.

A lot of the older people woke up to this plan and voted for Brexit, they voted against globalism and for Britain to no longer be part of the new world order.
    Yes hollow, that's exactly what it looks like.

Page 49 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread Information