Page 51 of 183 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Jacob Rees Mogg is the right man at this point in time to lead Britain through Brexit and beyond, he has the credibility that Theresa May lacks to take the fight to the EU gangsters. The fact that he's constantly under attack from the traitors in the press means that he is now a real danger to the establishment.

As per their modus operandi the fake media is trying to destroy his reputation by attacking his personal beliefs. It was sad to see him being ambushed on the "This Morning" show by fake journalist and chief **** Piers Morgan. This is further proof that in multi-cultural Britain there is no room for people who want to hold on to traditional values.

I think you are right about the media, they've got wind he is a possible replacement so they do their usual thing of bashing everything they can. They did the same with the EU referendum, then it was Trump, then it was Corbyn. The failed in al three.

One of the criticisms made against the last Tory GE campaign was that it relied on smeer & negativity. The Remain camapaign has been criticised for the same, it didn't do much to sell the positives. Corbyn on the other hand focussed on what he could do rather than how barmy the opposition was.

I think that's something that added to his popularity with some who are sick of the back & forth snideyness of politicians. All this seems to do after campaigns is polarise people more and make the moderates sick of it all.

I'm not sure on JRM. His religious views are his own and lets face it, if he was of a certain religion the media would stay away from like the plague but Christian's are fair game for ridicule. Tim Farron went through it over his views of homosexuality and the funny thing was, his voting record on gay rights is better than May's and a lot of other politicians! Whilst his views were bizarre for a LibDem in fairness he did seperate it from his political life.

JRM will be extremely unpopular due to his views on abortion alone. But would he seek to change abortion law or hinder it? It would never get through anyway but are all religious people so committed to forcing it on everyone? And if such as JRM is so bad, people must really loathe the Pope? And what of the Church of England who still won't recognise gay marriage? (lets not forget Merkel has just been against gay mariage, our lovely EU leader ) yet the likes of Farron didn't let it get in the way.

I guess he would go at the EU over Brexit. I know less about him on other issues. He was funny on Hav I got News For You though!

Morgan is just an arse. Anyone who thinks he's anything other than a scumbag needs to re-read why he had to flee from the media in the first place.

Personally I care less about the PM and more about the government. Look at Labour - Corbyn isn't too bad but what lurks on his bench is a different story.

I think most people read the papers but don't take them seriously. They are all biased. I was watching Drop The Dead Donkey again over the weekend and Robert Maxwell had just died. They joked about the Mirror running 19 pages of commemoration to the bloke and then the sports section too.

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Jacob Rees Mogg?

You've been at the waccy-baccy again, Agent H
    I understand KK this guy is not everyone's cup of tea, a throwback to another century probably but atleast he's comfortable in his own skin and not pretending to be one of us like a lot of these politicians.

He does have some controversial views on welfare reform and zero hour contracts and I'm not familiar yet with his position on a lot of the other stuff.

However looking at the big picture and considering how quickly this country is descending in to total chaos, this guy seems level -headed enough to atleast attempt to steady the sinking ship. It's also a bonus that he's not a complete traitor like the majority of politicians.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

I understand KK this guy is not everyone's cup of tea, a throwback to another century probably but atleast he's comfortable in his own skin and not pretending to be one of us like a lot of these politicians.

He does have some controversial views on welfare reform and zero hour contracts and I'm not familiar yet with his position on a lot of the other stuff.

However looking at the big picture and considering how quickly this country is descending in to total chaos, this guy seems level -headed enough to atleast attempt to steady the sinking ship. It's also a bonus that he's not a complete traitor like the majority of politicians.
    Nope! I'm afraid you must attend the de-Mogg-italisation programme forthwith. There is no other way - you have been Mogg-italised and it's not your fault

I don't judge people TBH, Agent H. Politicians are a lying class by nature and learn early on how to debate on an intellectual level. Later on they learn how to play and manipulate on an emotional level too. Blair portrayed himself as a "straight kinda guy" but was anything but that. Moggs might be of another era but I've been told that of myself too

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Nope! I'm afraid you must attend the de-Mogg-italisation programme forthwith. There is no other way - you have been Mogg-italised and it's not your fault

I don't judge people TBH, Agent H. Politicians are a lying class by nature and learn early on how to debate on an intellectual level. Later on they learn how to play and manipulate on an emotional level too. Blair portrayed himself as a "straight kinda guy" but was anything but that. Moggs might be of another era but I've been told that of myself too
    Update received KK, i'll re-calibrate myself immediately. I know where you're coming from when you say that politicians are a lying class by nature.

This could yet be another move by "them" to present JRM as a "man of the people" and a "character" just like they did with Trump, Obama etc. This way the masses will continue to vote and keep this fake democracy alive. Jacob Rees Mogg is probably another psyop.
    Last edited by Hollow; 11-09-17 at 21:18.

Update received KK, i'll re-calibrate myself immediately. I know where you're coming from when you say that politicians are a lying class by nature.

This could yet be another move by "them" to present JRM as a "man of the people" and a "character" just like they did with Trump, Obama etc. This way the masses will continue to vote and keep this fake democracy alive. Jacob Rees Mogg is probably another psyop.
    Suppose the Cons need a "true-blue" radical like him to keep grass-roots support happy. Cameron swung the party back to centre-right and May is continuing that legacy. But behind all the parochial "politics" the agenda of austerity and foreign policy is the same IMO.

As for Brexit: people thought it would be a simple process of leaving EU but this will drag on for years and many of the "deals/agreements" will mean EU tentacles still directly or indirectly affecting UK domestic and international affairs.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Speaking of the the slithering snake, I see he popped up to proclaim he can save us from Brexit by ending FOM and keeping us in the EU. More shady discussions with people he won't name I bet and all along the whole EU saying the exact opposite.

"I can't tell you the details, just trust me" I think we learned to do the exact opposite.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...legg-suggests/

We get a vote on a reformed EU? Has anyone asked the EU if they are planning to reform? What reforms?

More desperation from someone who has been booted out. The usual focus on the oldest demographic whilst ignoring those over 40 were polled as in the majority voting the same way.

Perhaps we should rerun the GE's every year just so some nasty little LibDem could try for a win because of deaths?

Another point which may have or have not been raised for upto 2 years when we have left the EU Brussels are still wanting more money off our government £10 Million a year. I think this is grossly unfair and shouldn't May be fighting our corner on this? Let's be clear on this when the 2 years is up we shouldn't owe them anything IMHO Brussels is going to do very nicely from this me thinks. Cheers
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 24-09-17 at 15:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    I think this is grossly unfair and shouldn't May be fighting our corner on this?
    May surrendered to Brussels a long time ago, she's less than a puppet and is not respected by any international leader. Infact it's now become clear that Brexit was never going to happen and the whole thing was a political circus.

Maybe the masses will now realise that change will not be brought about through democracy, as the system is designed to enable a powerful minority rule over the majority.

May surrendered to Brussels a long time ago, she's less than a puppet and is not respected by any international leader. Infact it's now become clear that Brexit was never going to happen and the whole thing was a political circus.
    And the EU will still find mechanisms to extract billions from the UK taxpayer.

Political circus is about right - and no one seems to have balls or desire to fix it. They will drag this out for so long that people will be sick to the back teeth of hearing about it and will eventually settle for a diluted version of what they voted for.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 51 of 183 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread Information