Page 83 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Pain, 'Gemini' would be the last name I would choose for a company. Two faces?

Taurus might be more appropriate?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    So in effect we could start up a NMP Party and vote ourselves to be in it, with obviously Nicola as predominantly the prospective Prime Minister.
    Terry, are you up for Chancellor?
    How does 'Foreign Minister' grab you Pain?
    I could do the Health as I've had a lot of experience in the system.
    Yeah, why not. I could do with a big brown lunch box for my sarnies.

I'm doing well this year. First Darksky made me Sir Terry and now the exchequer! Imagine all the tax fiddles this double whammy will introduce

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Erm doesn't "

The Begum story, if manufactured to confuse the public, would show a very poor ability to manage then. You believe this is to put people off the true conspirators yet haven't considered the public don't particularly have any interest in this, only people like yourself. If the Begum story was created to distract the public it would be from things like Brexit, with the help of the media. Why do they need to distract the public from what is happening in Syria when what shoes Katie Price is wearing today gets more clicks?
    UK rehomes some 100 Syria White Helmets and family members

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47243867

Khalil was one of 422 volunteers and family members who had to be rescued by the Israel Defense Forces following a request from the US, UK and other European nations, after they became trapped following a military offensive in July 2018.

This is what I meant by the "Shamima Begum" hoax being a diversion. The MI5 sponsored white helmets are hardcore Wahabbist terrorists and they're being allowed to sneak in through the backdoor. No doubt they will be used by spooks to wreak havoc in some other Middle Eastern country or in a 7/7 style attack in Britain.
    Last edited by Hollow; 22-02-19 at 22:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    UK rehomes some 100 Syria White Helmets and family members

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47243867

Khalil was one of 422 volunteers and family members who had to be rescued by the Israel Defense Forces following a request from the US, UK and other European nations, after they became trapped following a military offensive in July 2018.

This is what I meant by the "Shamima Begum" hoax being a diversion. The MI5 sponsored white helmets are hardcore Wahabbist terrorists and they're being allowed to sneak in through the backdoor. No doubt they will be used by spooks to wreak havoc in some other Middle Eastern country or in a 7/7 style attack in Britain.
    According to investigative journalists and analysts, SCD became a target of a systematic
    information warfare
    campaign by the Russian government, the Syrian government, alt-right personalities, and their supporters, who have accused the organisation of taking sides in the Syrian Civil War, carrying arms and supporting "terrorist" groups. According to
    The Guardian
    's Olivia Solon, claims by contributors to the English language Russian
    RT
    television network and
    Sputnik
    news agency have also come under critical scrutiny.
    [
    According to the fact-checking organisation
    Snopes.com
    these accusations against the White Helmets are unfounded.Likewise, multiple journalists have raised serious questions as to the credibility and government ties of individuals making accusations against SCD. According to
    The New York Times
    's Linda Qiu,
    Assad
    's claim that the White Helmets are "
    Al-Qaeda
    members" was "without evidence".
    They are given refugee status. They have some potential in that maybe they can help us understand and educate people over here to prevent more radicalisation.

Begum is an active ISIS member. Regardless of the whole "was she groomed" business, which will be a factor in her trial if she comes here, she was so screwed up in the head she thought murdering innocent people was acceptable and watched footage of it. At 15 I knew that was sick behaviour. Unless they are going to imply she lacked the ability to determine the difference between right & wrong, which I highly doubt is true, I would be pretty concerned about what a young person would turn into with views like that anyway.

If the White Helmets are what they are believed to be, and have saved a lot of lives of innocent people caught up between a government that cares little for them and a bunch are violent zealots, then they are fine by me. They have contributed more than many human beings ever will. My only issue with housing is that we have our own problems, such as the homeless who can't get homes, yet we dish them out easily enough when the government want to for refugees. It's right we help refugees but is it right to take in people when we have a queue already on the streets?

You believe the White Helmets are a group used & trained by us or maybe just another bunch of terrorists within Syria. It feels like Assad doesn't like them and you've made it clear how much you support him in the war. That's up to you but the facts aren't established here. That makes that much less clear than stories like Begum and the other 100 or so ISIS nutters we've had back.

Australia have their own ongoing case with a similar pregnant woman don't they? And the US. Leaving the US aside, what are Australia's needs for diversion?

If the spooks want another 7/7 in the UK they can access one of the many active terrorists we have on the books. They don't need these guys really.

Pulling people our of a war zone, giving them medical aid and getting them to safety. That doesn't really sound the ISIS way. Lopping their heads off, raping women & children, enslaving them due to their inferiority, etc. Now that does sound like the ISIS way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Carnation… I don’t want to be Foreign Secretary – how about Minister for Ministerial Affairs? That’s a nice vague-sounding position which I know for an absolute fact carries no responsibility or obligation; therefore no work! Just pay me the ministerial salary - £141,505 (see, I’ve done my research on this, so I deserve it!). Oh, by the way, there’s also expenses.

Terry… “Taurus might be more appropriate?” Or even Capricorn One…? After all, they’re acting the goat and trying to fool us into believing they’re doing something really great.

WOW! Just imagine if Brexit were a huge hoax – all to be revealed on April 1st – Harry Hill will make the announcement in Jeremy Beadle-style (a fun-packed evening of mirth and hilarity for all the family).

That does sound like a good title, Pain. Sir Humphrey would approve of that Like any dept, bosses get steered towards things. With this in mind, and the short term nature of MP's (let alone their lack of experience before even getting a role), I created a sort of "auto Terry" which consists of a robotic arm with a pen on the end and the civil servant visiting my chambers just needs to push the button on the side

Maybe Harry Hill could do a "Brexit in a nutshell" for us? Vote, crowd cheers, hands shaking, a wave goodbye

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a4073906.html McDonnell says Remain has to be on a People's Vote as it's May's deal or status quo. Another one who forgets the vote was was by Leave. Interesting that McClusky says it shouldn't. That's strange given Labour and the press have been telling us the unions want to remain. Perhaps things aren't so certain?
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 23-02-19 at 14:28. Reason: Typo

Okay, Ive been offline a bit so I have probabkly missed a load of stuff here

Beggum - For me she should be allowed back in UK, not made Stateless , others have , she shouldnt be treated differently just because she has become a media case , she should then absolutely be tried in court and the baby dealt with by social services as per norm

Independant Group - I don't understand why they had to resign the whip to continue as a group of MPs, they were already meeting with each other and already voting against party whip on actual votes, I'm always of the idea that you change from within not from without and the SDP didnt end well did it

Brexit - I have no idea what is actually going on , it definitely feels like Theresa May is running the clock down either to end up in a No Deal Brexit or to hope her Deal gets supported, it feels like very irresponsible Premiershipping

Syria - Now ISIS is practically defeated it seems that lots of News Outlets expect terror acts in western countries to rise as they dont have the Caliphate to look to

ALSO ........

The spectral figure at this 2 1/2 year wake for the UK has been David Cameron who has been working on his memoirs in a posh caravan. i suspect there will be limited analysis on Brexit and not a mention of 'piggate' either so how well do we think his memoirs will sell.

I guess its a difficult time for Cameron as he's probably thinking, How useful was I as a PM? What did I achieve as a PM? What is my legacy? His big society ethic has seen social causes robbed of central funding where he & OSborne thought that peoples charitable giving should make up any deficit and that his Big Society would emerge from that thinking. What its seen to some degree is weaponised CHuggers in the streets where charities are now having to spend more on drumming up giving than they ever have before. How big is his National Citizens Service that I believe he still heads up, has it become as big as DOE or Princes Trust? I will give him the fact that he did get the Gay Marriage bill through which shows some dedication to modernism within the Tory party to bring most of them onside for that.

His lowlights are there for all to see though, Bedroom Tax, Syrian Intervention, Piggate which is heralded as both rumour and fact at the same time. He felt he had a duty to deal with deficit reduction with Osbornes austerity programme but in reality that didnt deal with all the factors and didn't really win over all the economists in the room either. Where as he could always roll out that Labour bankrupted the country where as the truth is somewhere in between , Darling has to use QE, he had to react to the subprime crisis, partly a result of Labours deregulation of Finance as well as the global conditions.

I guess rightly or wrongly with taking on the referendums for the EU and Scotish indepenance he didnt kick things into the long grass. ???

I'm not sure how I feel about Cameron, I think its almost ambivalence and a little ire.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    Okay, Ive been offline a bit so I have probabkly missed a load of stuff here

Beggum - For me she should be allowed back in UK, not made Stateless , others have , she shouldnt be treated differently just because she has become a media case , she should then absolutely be tried in court and the baby dealt with by social services as per norm

Independant Group - I don't understand why they had to resign the whip to continue as a group of MPs, they were already meeting with each other and already voting against party whip on actual votes, I'm always of the idea that you change from within not from without and the SDP didnt end well did it

Brexit - I have no idea what is actually going on , it definitely feels like Theresa May is running the clock down either to end up in a No Deal Brexit or to hope her Deal gets supported, it feels like very irresponsible Premiershipping

Syria - Now ISIS is practically defeated it seems that lots of News Outlets expect terror acts in western countries to rise as they dont have the Caliphate to look to
    You haven't missed anything on Beggum, Hollow only introduced that to point out a possible hoax. My thoughts are, and I would rather we put a big wall around ISIS and let them stay there, is international law has to be abided by. If there is dual citizenship then we have the right to revoke as do the other country. I do not believe it is a pure grooming issue, but believe it to be a factor, as any 15 year old who thinks it's acceptable to chop off the heads of aid workers has some serious mental issues in play.

I am a bit confused over the amendments. I saw an article yesterday saying one was won that took No Deal off the table but then it said the vote was no legally binding, hence pointless. And 3 Tories are considering an amendment to take No Deal off the table.

I just don't think they will ever agree. A cynical part of me wonders whether this People's Vote is one part Remain and one part "let them decide" to absolve themselves of any blame. They want to delay A50. They can delay it 5 more years and I expect it won't change much unless we change the MP's. That's unfair on the EU and whilst the PM may be kicking the can down the road and think the same can be said of the rest of them. They just won't face the hard decisions and look for ways to derail.

I expect they are right on Syria. They will change tactics and return to the sleeper cells. Are the leaders even still there? Most leaders are long gone before it gets this close to surrender. Their hard core inner circle will happily let them leave to continue the fight whilst they go down in flames for the cause.

With TIG I question whether they will exist in a few months anyway. Their main aim seems to be Brexit and less so Labour or anti Semitism. I don't think they could change from within though, certainly not in Labour with their grassroots support. Labour has shifted away from what they represent and lost it's voters with it. The membership is Corbyn owned now. A new party is a better way to me but a new Labour party, not a Remain campaign party with Tories with surely much different views? I struggle to see how people who want to vote Labour will support the likes of Soubry and others who agree with the bedroom tax, voted against gay marriage (although that's not so clear cut as many Labour voters might disagree with that too), and voted to curb disability benefits. These Labour MP's risk aligning themselves with people Labour voters may dislike.

https://www.euronews.com/2019/02/22/...-time-to-leave

There is an argument for turning to the right in some ways in the UK. It's not as simple as people make it out i.e. Brexit caused it. We also have a Labour party that has turned more to the left and disenfranchised a lot of voters enabling the Tories to stay in longer than they should do.

But it is highly questionable when you consider moving back to Germany given they are handing real power to a far right party in the AfD. I feel for EU citizens who are unsure of what is going to happen to their status and both sides shouldn't have weaponised that but they did. But to argue (or refrain from the subject) that EU countries don't have problems with the far right just baffles me. Austria, Poland, Italy, even Spain and now Germany. Aside from the referendum UKIP haven't achieved anything and can't gain any real power and the BNP are long dead and never achieved anything beyond local control anyway.

If Labour got their leadership sorted I could easily see the Tories getting booted out. I think Italy has a much bigger problem as do the others I mentioned as these parties have real power. But then, just maybe it is easier to be Italian in Italy than a migrate so I can understand that there is less focus on you as an individual.

Page 83 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast

Thread Information