Page 97 of 183 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Don't forget the farmland that's used for car booting.
    I know of a particular one that is run for 6 months which pays for the owners Southern Spanish Villa throughout the winter months, not bad for a 1 day week for 6 months of the year.

I completely agree about the self serving political chess game that is currently being played out in Westminster. And we plebs are pathetic pawns. It’s “the will of the people”, they say, like we are collectively some kind of idiot savant. It’s so depressing.

Borexit will be yesterday's news when Princess Meghan delivers the Nation's newest member of the Royal family....

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Borexit will be yesterday's news when Princess Meghan delivers the Nation's newest member of the Royal family....
    Pffft. Not sure which is worse, Agt P

Never Surrender, Comrade

Could she arrange for that to happen on April 12?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Could she arrange for that to happen on April 12?
    Can you imagine the conflict of interests? I reckon MM would be outraged if her delivery were to be eclipsed by Borexit..She'd stage a pay-per-view labour to avoid being overshadowed..

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Pffft. Not sure which is worse, Agt P
    I'd take wall-to-wall Brexit coverage over MM's placenta any day

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

I'd take wall-to-wall Brexit coverage over MM's placenta any day
    (Especially if Dr Christian Jesson is presenting prog.)

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    The most dangerous elitists right now are the likes of Donald Trump and Nigel Farage who pretend to be "men of the people" but are really working for the Oligarchs. They have managed to deceive a lot of people with their fake "populist" credentials. Although, a lot of Trump supporters have now woken up to the reality of being duped again.
    I think anyone who doesn't see these rich nobs as the elites and thinks they are asking for your vote to help you out is pretty naïve. Rich people largely care about rich people.

However, perhaps you can vote for someone because their manifesto is better for you? If not, then anyone who voted Leave must be a BNP supporter as the racists all voted Leave (or did they? What about those rich racists who love their money more than their whiteness as it suits a bigger part of their identity? ) but we all know that's nonsense unless you think no racists vote Labour every election too?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Huh? Explain?
    Yes - a lot of farming subsidies are EU funded- particularly the ones focused on increasing species diversity etc...
    I also have family in the worlds of medicine and academia (is that “elite”?), both of which stand to be very badly hit. So I supposed I am influenced by the direct effect Brexit is having on my loved ones and the things that are important to me (as well as more ephemeral ideologies). But I’m very interested to hear how Brxit is directly BENEFITING people.....?
    And that's a very important point. Those Remoaners, which you aren't one of , have used that as an example of selfishness if you voted Leave. It makes you a Tory, an alright Jack type. But this is the reality of voting, people are influenced by what they see. Just as you can see the impact to loved ones from Leave others can see the impact of lack of inward investment into the medical system whilst we keep taking in so many which FOM adds to.

NI is an issue used to highlight selfishness. It is selfish to have voted for Leave because it will bring back terrorism. Therefore we can't have political change because of a small bunch of violent thugs? So we shouldn't care about crumbling region x because of another region that may be impacted? But I think we can all agree it's just nonsense thrown back & forth in political debate to make out the other side aren't nice people.

Page 97 of 183 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast

Thread Information