Page 99 of 183 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Wow- this must’ve taken some time! But thanks. The whole thing is beyond opaque to me
    Ha, not as long as you would think! Just some fact checking given how sprawling it all can be. 30 mins? But not the 2 years these muppets have had.

I would be interested to know more about your thoughts on the impacts to farming and medical industries.

Farming has always felt a fudge. Subsidies to offset one area.

With medical there are obvious advantages to staying aligned with the EMA. The NHS are probably the largest health service across the EU and that means they retain buying power after all this. And the medical industry were working together for the benefit of science long before the EU came along so I feel they will continue with that and it's not like they don't talk on a worldwide basis.

With the environment do you foresee us staying closely aligned whilst on the outside? As long as the goals are shared this would seem the likely outcome given other countries outside the EU share.

There is an interesting legislative change mentioned in this thread:

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...irective-Panic

Originally to help the big corps protect their copyright (against the big corps getting around it ) but in it's current incarnation even the corporate backers have distanced themselves from it. The only people who seem to want it now are the EU themselves.

It's a largely obscure piece that media have mostly ignored, which is interesting given they were granted their opt outs very early on in the process , but it has just sailed through without much in the way of "the people" knowing about it and it will affect many in it's pure form.

It's an interesting example of how big corps lobby for change and how we never know about it as it's buried until the media tell us...if they want to.

How do you fight against that in something so big? Moan at your MEP, whoever that is? One man/women in a sea of many from all different societies with their own focusses that may not align with our? For instance, the Greeks have bigger problems as do the Poles, the Italians, the Spanish, it goes on...Which MEP's collude with which? Who knows? How about taking it to your party? They sit in a European grouping of parties, some have little influence, some have more, but it's all so big everyone is lost in it.

Please note it is distressing to the OP so perhaps best to talk about it on here?
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 29-03-19 at 03:32.

Give it a while Pain and you'll be able to buy that 50p for two grand on ebay

Yes, does this count as one of those rare date errors so collectors snap them up for silly money? Can we blag them to foreign buyers who won't know Brexit has been pushed back?

Nice thought Terry, but like Parliament, unlikely to pull it off.
    Strange feeling today of nothingness!

Do you think voting will ever be the same in the future?
    Could this have a bearing on any future elections?
    Are more people unlikely to vote at all now?
    Will all future voting be sat on until Parliament decide whether they can change that decision in some way?

Same here Pain. I stayed up for as long as I could watching the live votes coming in 2016, went to bed thinking "no way will we get brexit".
    Other half woke me in the morning telling me we'd won and I really didn't believe him, but once it had sunken in my first thoughts were, "I wish my dad was alive to experience this". Now I am pleased he's not as it just seems to have turned out to be one big farce!
    Let's face it, both sides have been let down here. :(
    Last edited by Carnation; 29-03-19 at 13:35.

<<< tumbleweed >>>

Everythings just going nowhere at the moment

UK MPs have rejected Theresa May’s EU withdrawal agreement by 344 votes to 286, throwing UK’s Brexit plans into more confusion.

What next? General election? It’s all such a farce

Page 99 of 183 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast

Thread Information