Thread: Inflamed cervix

Inflamed cervix

Hi guys !!! ( well more ladies actually &#128541
    I'd be so grateful if any one has any advice ???
    For the past 2 months I've had water infection after water infection .... Along with slight bleeding after sex 😫😁
    As I'm a very anxious person in regards to health I spoke to my doctor who has suggested I have my smear a couple of months early ...( all previous smear tests have been 'normal'
    Well today , I had it and it wax uncomfortable which as us ladies know is par for the course.... But the nurse said my cervix looks inflamed .... And that I'd bled whilst she was taking the smear ..... I asked if this was anything g to worry about and she said it's difficult to tell until the results come back .... Also she took swabs ??? What would this be for ? She said infection ? I'm not too sure ?.... I just know I'm worried sick !
    Please if you have any advice that would be great
    Thank you xxx

Re: Inflamed cervix

Inflammation is mainly due to infection and the swabs are definitely to send for analysis to check for any infections present. As you've been bleeding too it may well be bacterial vaginosis as that typically presents like that. I know it's easier said than done, try not to worry. Results of the swabs will be back much quicker than the smear. I'd call the surgery and ask when you can get the Sean results because this may help to put your mind at ease whilst waiting for the smear result.
    If it helps, my last smear, I also bled afterwards which had never happened before. I didn't have inflammation either!! I took this yo mean something terrible was wrong but smear came back absolutely fine xx

Omg I wrote a post similar last week ! I went for smear on the Monday the nurse commented my cervix were inflamed , I was so worried I went back on the Thursday and saw the dr , she examined me and said the inflammation had gone , and it could be caused from intercourse a few days before but also hormone changes can cause inflammation , she said not to worry it's very common x

You see, there are so many things that cause bleeding that are nothing to do with cancer. A gynae nurse said so long as we have our smears regularly it's highly unlikely we will develop anything sinister at all. I'm the worst for panicking over smears though so I know it's hard not to worry. My legs go to jelly, then I feel fine for having it done and then I feel sick every time the letter box goes ha ha xxxx

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information