Thread: paul mckenna

paul mckenna

hi,i was wondering if anyone here had bought the book 'instant confidence' byt paul mckenna.It comes with a cd to listen to containing some relaxation stuff and suggestions.I took it back to the shop the other day as i didnt like the way he spoke on the cd.His voice seemed really sinister,and there were bits where you could hear him saying several things at once,which is confusing and scary to listen to.The book wasnt too bad,although as i am not good at doing visualisations,i found the exercises difficult.Has anyone else read this book and listened to the cd? or to any other of his books etc.I have come to the realisation that looking to external ways to help me,ie books,cd,other people is not the answer for me to help me to recover from my past experiences and asociated problems.So i wont be wasting any more of my money on these so called 'self-help' cures.From my experience they all say pretty much the same thing and cost money which i dont have.Since joining a yoga class last year,i have got a lot out of the exercise,and the spiritual aspects of it.However,when it came to the relaxation at the end,i always had a panic attack.I spoke to my teacher recently about this as she was thinking that maybe the yoga wasnt good for me and that i shouldnt go to class for a bit,which made me panic.Then i spoke to her again and we decided that if i wanted to,i could carry on,but that i would seek counselling etc to support me also.I went to class yesterday and when we did the relaxation part,i lay down and did it,no panic! If that doesnt explain how much panic tricks the mind i dont know what does! i think half the time i would get anxious just before the relaxation part,anticipating and attack,so thats what i got! now i just go in there and concentrate on what i am supposed to be doing,ie relaxing,and it works! i am now also convinced that i used to play the 'victim' or 'sufferer' game,by telling people i had this and that wrong,is the panics,anxiety etc,and that now ive just told myself to bloody get on with my life,as ive now CHOSEN not to let myself be this way,and thinking positively,ive managed to mostly overcome these problems.I think i was the only one standing in the road to my recovery.I also believe that at the end of the day,we are all alone in this world,and that the only way to overcome difficulties (for me anyway) is to look inside,as we have all the answers.I dont think i need any 'self-help guru' to tell me the answers....

Re: paul mckenna

I have Pauls Positivity series. He does say several things at once at certain times, but thats to do with a technique he uses where you take the information in even though you haven't directly understood it conciously.

Personally I've found his style fantastic and listen to him every night. I've downloaded quite a few American hypnosis and self help stuff and just can't get to grips or relate to them.

Each to their own I suppose, but I would recommend Paul McKenna to anyone. If I could get to see the bloke (he doesn't do personal consultations anymore unless your bank balance is bigger than his!), then I reckon he could probably fix most of my problems at the drop of a hat.

Again, its down to personal preference, bur for me I finf him soothing and relaxing.

Apart from Mr McKenna its a *HUGE* *BIG* well done to yourself. It looks like you've really come on in leaps and bounds recently. You are quite right when you say that positive thinking is one of the major keys to beating anxiety. You have to want to do it, and follow that through into action.

Sounds like you have come a long way, and I congratulate you for not only your success so far, but the continued success that is sure to follow from having such a positive outlook.

Krakers.

Hey Hippie

Love the pro-active attitude.

Me too- I have his cd that was with The Mail a few weeks back and I know he slows his voice down and speaks weird because it triggers a relaxation response in the brain when yoiu speak slowly at a certain pitch. He is an amazingman and his cd helps me to relax. Love wenjoy x

hello.. funny you should post this.. i bought that book the other day, just started it, not listened to cd yet. on the same day my mum brought the stop smoking one. she visited me today and said the same as you.. she stopped listening to it because she was a bit weary of it.. i'll let ya know how i get on with the instant confidence book and cd. your attitude is a very similar one to mine.. have you tried spiritual healing??? i know there are so many cowboys out there so you'd need to be reccommended one really bhut my dad's wife was anorexic for about 10 years, she went for three sessions and on the third she completely broke down, but she said it was such a release... from the moment she left her anorexia dissappeared, placebo??? who cares, it worked.. she got told she'd never have kids again, she now has a five year old. i went when my panic attacks started and i was in a seriously bad way.. it helped so so soi much... if you see the right person its truely amazing

Thread Information