Thread: Fear of giving birth

Fear of giving birth

I'm due Friday I'm sat up in bed with thoughts running through my head got uncontrollable eye and face twitching I'm guessing it's because I'm tiered and anxious :( .
    I have a fear of giving birth I got health anxiety severe health anxiety after my second birth I hemmoraged I tore bad and I had retained placenta which was left and nobody believed me due to the midwife Writting it was a fragment so after telling everyone I was very poorly and hemmoraging more I was told each time it's normal ect I was then given the wrong antibiotics by my doctor that wouldn't treat a infection like I had I started to feel more poorly but again told it's normal after suffering I passed a huge amount of placenta and told that's it told my uterus had gone down and I was fine so I believed them a couple days later I felt even worse and I hemmoraged again this time I could hardly stand up I was dripping through with sweat I just felt out of it and I could hardly move I got sent to hospital where I was put on the right medication through drip and then took off to theater I was on a drip of different antibiotics and honestly after the operation and medication I felt amazing compared to what I did so I got on with life as normal but I started to not be able to breathe properly and semi blacking out I blamed the Meds I got given to take home so everytime I had to take the Meds 6 lots a day of two types I would have a panic attack .
    After I finished the Meds blacking out not been able to breathe still was happening and I drive myself mental Googling and beliving they was more placenta or that the surgery did something to me ect it took doctors 4 months nearly to realise I had anemia and that's what was causing my daily blacking out my daily palps my daily breathing problems and my blue nails!
    I don't understand how they missed it I was Googling and because I actually diagnosed myself before the doctor I began to Google everything well now I'm due I should be happy excited I'm scared it will happen again or worse I have panic attacks thinking about labour when I know it's going to happen anyways :, ( sorry I needed to share my story more than anything it helps me as I don't have anyone to talk to about it as nobody is helping there replies are you'll be fine or don't worry

Re: Fear of giving birth

I have severe health anxiety and also hemoraged with my daughter.
    I lost 1000mls which is not life threatening but severe enough for
    A blood transfusion. I know how you feel and I understand how you are very anxious about labour again. I was so determined with my labour to do it all naturally and I had no drugs no gas and air absolutely nothing! She came
    Out so quick that I believe that's why I had the hemmorage as I was pushing like mad!!
    My husband and I are now planning on having another baby and I'm scared incase the same thing happens again! ! ! It keeps playing on my mind but I really want another baby and I don't want a planned c section as that makes me terrified even more than natural labour. All I can say girl is be strong and just COPE! That's all we can do at the end of the day and just remember your not alone I am In the same
    Boat and have panic attacks daily!!!! I'm currently seeing a
    Cbt therapist and struggling. Sorry for rambling on but I want you to remember your not alone and don't be scared you can get through this!!!! Think about your beautiful baby inside.

Re: Fear of giving birth

I've not got any children but have a huge fear of child birth due to these reasons above, scares the living hell out of me and convinces me something really wrong would happen. I want a family so badly but i can't imagine being able to carry my child knowing what's to come i think the fear would be too much.

Wish i could give helpful advice but i'm sure there are plenty of mums on here who can relate and hopefully put your mind at ease x

Thread Information